Green Day on the new Kerrang! Magazine

legendary

13 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

What does it even mean? Or do they really mean that?

I think they were trying to make a play on the Father of all …. title and how long the band has been around?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jengd said:

I think they were trying to make a play on the Father of all …. title and how long the band has been around?

oh so... that went way over my head haha

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

oh so... that went way over my head haha

Maybe I should say I hope... 😂😂

The title makes me think of weirdo fans who call their favorite YouTubers daddy 🤢

4 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

The title makes me think of weirdo fans who call their favorite YouTubers daddy 🤢

how about weirdo green day fans who call billie daddy :bad:

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

how about weirdo green day fans who call billie daddy :bad:

🤮🤮🤮🤮

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Please stop, I just got an ad that went "meet your sugar daddy" :(

Well, now I miss getting ads on GDC. 

8 hours ago, Larry Livermore said:

Some people are drawn to tragedy, and some people love to see their favorite artists suffer (same way that some extreme Christians practically go into orgasms at the thought of Jesus being tortured and crucified).

But plenty of great artists also have normal, boring, or happy lives, and for them cranking out classic songs, plays, sculptures  paintings, etc., is just another day at the office. Some people hate their jobs, some people put up with them, and some people love them, and in that sense, artists aren't that different from the rest of us.

So what are we to think of Billie very often referring to his mental health...neuroses, depression, feeling lost, breakdown during the Trilogy, etc. That points to a tortured artist, yes?  Don’t get me wrong, admire him very much for being honest about these issues and not trying to pretend he’s completely in control. And yes I’m sure there are many artists who have optimum mental stability. Just like other people, it definitely varies. 

35 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

So what are we to think of Billie very often referring to his mental health...neuroses, depression, feeling lost, breakdown during the Trilogy, etc. That points to a tortured artist, yes?  Don’t get me wrong, admire him very much for being honest about these issues and not trying to pretend he’s completely in control. And yes I’m sure there are many artists who have optimum mental stability. Just like other people, it definitely varies. 

I think that points to a normal person having ups and downs. I don’t have insights about his personal life, because in the end everything we see is entertainment, including the interviews where he talks about personal stuff. But I think as any person he aims to have more ups than downs, and I think Larry has a point when he says that any person does his best during the ups, not the downs. I’m definitely shit at my job when I’m on the verge of depression. Probably also Billie writes his best songs after the bad days, not during them. 
Sure, the down moments can be a source of inspiration for him (and maybe writing about them is also a form of self relief, dunno), as probably many other things in his life (see love, politics and activism), but I don’t think that having bad days is why he’s good at writing songs, or that without them he would be a bad lyricist. 
It’s the other way around to me, since he is an amazing song writer, he manage to express things that we can relate to, including the bad ones, because in the end they are part of everyone’s life. 

I think Billie incorporates mental health or struggles in his music much more accurately and genuinely than other artists who make their bread off of their mental health issues *cough* Halsey *cough* Billie Eillish *cough*

Billie makes it feel human and okay, but he doesn't glorify it or make it into some quirky personality trait.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

I think Billie incorporates mental health or struggles in his music much more accurately and genuinely than other artists who make their bread off of their mental health issues *cough* Halsey *cough* Billie Eillish *cough*

Billie makes it feel human and okay, but he doesn't glorify it.

I still don’t understand where you see Billie Eilish glorifying her struggles, but whatever. 

Just now, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I still don’t understand where you see Billie Eilish glorifying her struggles, but whatever. 

Because she has an egosyntonic view of her symptoms. Her whole external style is based off of depression. And of course her lyrics which, again, make depression into a quirky personality trait that makes her special and unique.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Because she has an egosyntonic view of her symptoms. Her whole external style is based off of depression. And of course her lyrics which, again, make depression into a quirky personality trait that makes her special and unique.

And how’s that different from filming a music video in a mental health hospital? 

6 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

And how’s that different from filming a music video in a mental health hospital? 

Um...very? What negative commentary did that video have on mental health aside from genuine lyrics about anxiety?

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Um...very? What negative commentary did that video have on mental health aside from genuine lyrics about anxiety?

Why do you turn every mention about Billie Joe's mental health into a "Billie Eilish is a fake" just because you don't like her? Good going on keeping the stigma of how mental health is perceived going...

14 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Same. I think Billie Eilish talks about depression very well in idontwannabeyouanymore

14 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Oh god here you go again. SHE IS AN ARTIST. Artists communicate their struggles how ever they feel is best. Idk how her talking about depression and Tourette’s and being open makes her egotistical at all. And by external style you mean baggy cloths? 

4 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Why do you turn every mention about Billie Joe's mental health into a "Billie Eilish is a fake" just because you don't like her? Good going on keeping the stigma of how mental health is perceived going...

🙌

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Billies lyrics are genuin lyrics about depression. So how is that different at all? 

10 minutes ago, DadBod said:

So because I don't like her music and how she fakes depression to sell albums, that makes me a person who stigmatizes mental health? No, I'm defending people with real issues from industry plants like her.

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So because I don't like her music and how she fakes depression to sell albums, that makes me a person who stigmatizes mental health? No, I'm defending people with real issues from industry plants like her.

Why the hell do you think she fakes depression? Thats a pretty low thing to say about someone, especially since she revealed she almost committed suicide last year. Nobody cares that you don’t like her music, we care that you are making statements that have nothing to do with the conversation and are pretty insensitive to someone with depression. 

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I think people with real issues can do just fine without your defense 

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

GD's entire image in the 90's was heehee meth's so fun, so I don't know, that's not really a good message innit 

When I think their image in those days, I wouldn’t be a fan of them probably, even if I was a teenager in 90s I wouldn’t even want to give it a try to their music just because their appearance creeped me out lol Now because I know them, I don’t feel like that at all but I didn’t listen to them that much for years because of my negative ideas about them. It could be nonsense or wrong but I’m like that. So not just music for me, other things are also important in a band or musician. 

15 minutes ago, MaxGD said:

Why the hell do you think she fakes depression? Thats a pretty low thing to say about someone, especially since she revealed she almost committed suicide last year. Nobody cares that you don’t like her music, we care that you are making statements that have nothing to do with the conversation and are pretty insensitive to someone with depression. 

Industry plant. Her story sells albums. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that every move artists make is calculated.

Archived