Green Day will perform on “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2020”

redline punk

2 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Do you actively try to be a buzzkill, or are you just naturally that way? :dry:

or just like every GDC'er that says its either rock and roll or everything else is a sell out pop artist, you are all buzzkills lmao

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Brutalitops said:

Has anyone here seen this show before? The crowd are paid actors who literally have a choreographed routine for each some performed, don't get too excited because it happens every year no matter the act

Like this Rockin eve show is filmed very specifically in a way to zoom in on crowd members singing a certain line and everything. It's actually genius how they do it. 

I guess Mariah Carey was the bathroom break 

Maybe it was partially my TV speakers but shoutout to the sound guy on FOAM for bringing out Mike's sexy ass basslines tonight

25 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

Maybe it was partially my TV speakers but shoutout to the sound guy on FOAM for bringing out Mike's sexy ass basslines tonight

Did you know where I can watch it?

I went on vacation for New Year’s, so unfortunately, no download section from me until I get back on Friday. :S

I can confirm an HDTV rip of the full show was posted online though.

26 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I went on vacation for New Year’s, so unfortunately, no download section until I get back on Friday. :S

I can  confirm an HDTV rip of the full show was posted online though.

Ok, enjoy your vacation.

In the meantime could you send me a link to this HDTV rip?

4 minutes ago, Stewe said:

Ok, enjoy your vacation.

In the meantime could you send me a link to this HDTV rip?

Want the link here, or in a PM?

It's When I Come Around. There is sync and quality problem, i guess but audio is okay, they played it pretty slow.

8 minutes ago, Beyza said:

It's When I Come Around. There is sync and quality problem, i guess but audio is okay, they played it pretty slow.

It did sound slow to me, I wonder why they did that.

14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’re really milking Dookie aren’t they? I like that they’re changing the songs up at least, there are loads of hits to choose from off that album alone.

Probably because of the whole 25th anniversary of the album

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It did sound slow to me, I wonder why they did that.

they were probably at least mildly hammered lol

36 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Probably because of the whole 25th anniversary of the album

Sure but it just seems unusual when they are supposed to be promoting a new album. Idk, in the past I had said this was a good marketing strategy, linking the old with the new and reminding audiences of great songs you’ve done, but now it’s been repeated so much it’s getting almost mechanical, I expect every performance promoting FOAM to include one track from Dookie now. It was good and now I don’t know how I feel about it.

25 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

they were probably at least mildly hammered lol

It wasn’t even actual NYE for them so I doubt it. I’d be more inclined to believe they slowed it down so Billie could concentrate and not mess up the lyrics.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Sure but it just seems unusual when they are supposed to be promoting a new album. Idk, in the past I had said this was a good marketing strategy, linking the old with the new and reminding audiences of great songs you’ve done, but now it’s been repeated so much it’s getting almost mechanical, I expect every performance promoting FOAM to include one track from Dookie now. It was good and now I don’t know how I feel about it.

Personally I think that the Dookiefication of everything was probably a 2019 thing just because of its 25th, and now that it's 2020 the FOAM/Hella Mega promo will really kick off. Idk. I like how they're playing a lot more of the old stuff these days though!

Silly wish of mine would be an acoustic rendition of Take Back now that would be something

8 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Personally I think that the Dookiefication of everything was probably a 2019 thing just because of its 25th, and now that it's 2020 the FOAM/Hella Mega promo will really kick off. Idk. I like how they're playing a lot more of the old stuff these days though!

Silly wish of mine would be an acoustic rendition of Take Back now that would be something

I think that maybe having a 2nd single out would help, 'cause they always play 2 songs

2 minutes ago, Stewe said:

I think that maybe having a 2nd single out would help, 'cause they always play 2 songs

Wasn't FRA the second single? Beats me as to why they haven't played it live yet.

Just now, 21st_century_gloria said:

Wasn't FRA the second single? Beats me as to why they haven't played it live yet.

Seems like it wasn’t. They only released it for the NHL opening and have only ever described it as a new song, not a new single. The fact that they didn’t make their own music video to it and don’t promote or play it outside of the NHL deal supports this. So really only one single so far.

I still think it makes sense for them to play an old song together with the new single. This sort of appearances are not for hardcore fans, they are for a casual audience. I am not sure if it would be good strategy to push two new songs to this kind of public, capturing its attention with a classic works much better IMHO.  

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Seems like it wasn’t. They only released it for the NHL opening and have only ever described it as a new song, not a new single. The fact that they didn’t make their own music video to it and don’t promote or play it outside of the NHL deal supports this. So really only one single so far.

Wasn't there a video? With Mike in a gold suit and Tre with some wacky sly expressions on the ice resurfacer :D 

yup, there was. This is probably the wrong thread to post this on but there was a video. I watched it over and over again when the song first came out :P 

2 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Wasn't there a video? With Mike in a gold suit and Tre with some wacky sly expressions on the ice resurfacer :D 

yup, there was. This is probably the wrong thread to post this on but there was a video. I watched it over and over again when the song first came out :P 

That’s not an official music video, it’s the video they made for the NHL season launch/song premiere. (I think this is a version edited by a fan to remove the NHL related stuff). 

Just now, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

That’s not an official music video, it’s the video they made for the NHL season launch/song premiere. 

Maybe, but that's good enough for me lol :P 

23 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Maybe, but that's good enough for me lol :P 

Yes not an official video, plus the song itself is edited in the NHL video to remove certain nonconforming lyrics. There is no video of the full unedited song.

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There is no video of the full unedited song.

Isnt that video the full song??????

The one that I posted in this thread?

I'm pretty sure it is the whole song last time i checked but maybe I'm just stupid or have a horrid memory :P 

Archived