Coverups & Dead Mermaids at Tiki Bar Dec 6th

Squashie

2 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

All I see is a kickass band having fun and celebrating with a huuuuuge awesome set list. They’re playing the Tiki bar not the Grammy awards, let them be :) 

P.s. I don’t think an iphone video can really give justice to this kind of show, you have to be there and I really hope one day I’ll be able to see them in this kind of setting 😭

This is why I like the HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN😎

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Billie playing American Idiot and Dookie songs on the same guitar, you don't see that very often 😅

The absolute madman! :lol:

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The absolute madman! :lol:

I mean because the guitars are tuned down one semitone for Dookie songs 😂

8 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I mean because the guitars are tuned down one semitone for Dookie songs 😂

Yeah you're right :lol: now I'm curious if they played it a half-step up or the same way as usual haha

6 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

All I see is a kickass band having fun and celebrating with a huuuuuge awesome set list. They’re playing the Tiki bar not the Grammy awards, let them be :) 

P.s. I don’t think an iphone video can really give justice to this kind of show, you have to be there and I really hope one day I’ll be able to see them in this kind of setting 😭

Honestly, I don’t think he seems that drunk. Tired  and/or distracted at times maybe, but not wasted. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flashback said:

Billie playing American Idiot and Dookie songs on the same guitar, you don't see that very often 😅

Yup! Last time was all the way back in 2013 where they played some hits from Dookie and American Idiot in E Standard tuned guitar. If you ask from me, I personally love how they just switch the tunings for luls, even before Billie went to rehab they always played Welcome to Paradise in E Standard as show opener back in 2012.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, That Dude said:

It makes me so sad that special shows like this will NEVER come anywhere near me.   :(

I don't mind driving 400+ miles, or 8+ hours.   But my favorite band are on the other side of the country.  Absolutely can't make it to Cali.    

Us southern fans need to convince the guys to get houses on this side of the USA, it's very nice out here and cheaper!  Their millions would go a lot further in Greenville, South Carolina compared to California.   They think they live like rock stars NOW, nope!   With the cost of living cut in half they could live like BILLIONAIRES!   

There's a house for sale on my street, it would give them real street cred to move into a regular neighborhood, and the only super fan on the block is anti-social, so I won't be bothering you.   I'd wave as I'm leaving for work but that's it.   

This takes me right back to the hoax we once had when Billie Joe was DEFINITELY seen at 5am at a train station in Eastern Europe.

• Like 2

@ whoever said billie needs a teleprompter — he had an ipad with lyrics for a lot of the songs blown up really big on a music sheet stand 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, raaaaaaaaah said:

@ whoever said billie needs a teleprompter — he had an ipad with lyrics for a lot of the songs blown up really big on a music sheet stand 

He needs them for his own songs lol.  He’s used the iPad before for the covers but hardly looks at it and still messes up. 

11 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Really amazing how they can even play their instruments that well and remember the notes as drunk as they are tbh 

30 years of experience. That's answer.