Green Day have added a show in Madrid, Spain on 30 October 2019

Rumpelstiltskin2000

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sooo disappointed that they didn't have any epic Halloween costumes on this show. Goddammit, I still remember those 2011 facepaints and beautiful dress that Tre wore. Fuck me.

About the show: ''She'' didn't sound good at all. It's way too slow and when Billie Joe finally realized he isn't young anymore, there are no screams or anything else that adds something to the song. It's a shame, but they provided awesome perfomances of that song in the past so I can always go watch those. It's just my favorite song from Green Day so it's a huge shame for me to see that it just doesn't sound as good as it did back in 2014, but I just gotta remember that boys are almost 50, not 40.

Pulling Teeth sounded fastastic, FOA as well. Jesus of Suburbia was a great choice to end this not-so-secret show. 1h 30min concert shows are fine.

Just watched the 2nd part of this show after seeing the Dookie part last night. The Minority- Bang Bang- FOAM combo was freakin insane. 

21 hours ago, The Bellie said:

I kept the good and bad that I like (all of them apart from the ones relatives to what they played, I don't really care) but I personally like the eh ho's. If they can play the same amount of songs in 1h40 or 2h40, wouldn't you want to see them rather 2h40? When seeing the Longshot (which shows must've lasted around 1h40) it seemed really short. Not to say it wasn't intense, or extraordinary, and Billie was on fire, voice and energy. But with 2h40 it's still the case and it's just better :P

Of course I'd love the shows to last 2.5 hours, but only if in that extra hour they play 10 more songs. They can do that.

Why would you like to hear a 13 min KFAD/Shout for 15th time without any change? You could listen 3-4 different songs in that time.

Same with Hitchin a ride. Why do they make it last 10 minutes? It's completely unnecessary. 

I like to see their faces, but they're my favorite band because of their music. And the more music I could listen to, the better.

1 minute ago, Thelongshot said:

What does Billie sing in AI  -  "? Agenda"?  I can't work it out. 

Fascist 

On 11/1/2019 at 9:36 PM, Digoco said:

Of course I'd love the shows to last 2.5 hours, but only if in that extra hour they play 10 more songs. They can do that.

Why would you like to hear a 13 min KFAD/Shout for 15th time without any change? You could listen 3-4 different songs in that time.

Same with Hitchin a ride. Why do they make it last 10 minutes? It's completely unnecessary. 

I like to see their faces, but they're my favorite band because of their music. And the more music I could listen to, the better.

I repeat what I said above, if they play the same amount of songs, I'd prefer them to play 2,5 hours than 1,5 hours. 

I don't agree that it's better if, during that time, there are more songs instead of some songs that are stretched out. For instance, at the Seville show yesterday, they didn't stretch out any song, for the needs of the media probably, and although the performance was great, I prefer it when Billie does his little show inside the songs, whether it's eh-os or ranting. It also feels more natural that way.

29 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

I repeat what I said above, if they play the same amount of songs, I'd prefer them to play 2,5 hours than 1,5 hours. 

I don't agree that it's better if, during that time, there are more songs instead of some songs that are stretched out. For instance, at the Seville show yesterday, they didn't stretch out any song, for the needs of the media probably, and although the performance was great, I prefer it when Billie does his little show inside the songs, whether it's eh-os or ranting. It also feels more natural that way.

I prefer when they don't stretch songs out, but I also see your point. What's not to like about a longer show - the more gd the better 

On 11/3/2019 at 9:06 AM, Beerjeezus said:

I prefer when they don't stretch songs out, but I also see your point. What's not to like about a longer show - the more gd the better 

but I wanna go home

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

That's valid

Agreeing with me is not going to make you famous on this forum! 😂

Just ask Greta from the other thread 😁

Archived