Green Day Nominated for Best Rock Artist - MTV EMA Nominees

Rumpelstiltskin2000

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Are you sure you want get into k-pop fandom discourse? You're either being very brave or making a mistake :P

Let’s just say I have a personal reason for doing this, regardless if I make a doofus of myself or not. :lol:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the clip again and I'm still like soo fucking confused as to why k-pop stans are freaking out about this 🤔

He is clearly joking 🤣🤣

I'm not mad that they are mad I just find this whole thing hilarious 😅

The Father Of All / Basket Case performance is fucking amazing. 
The crowd is on fire!

Wow what a nice surprise that they won!!

Was watching the tv broadcast  yesterday and I'm a bit confused, during the Broadway they showed FOAM AND basket case from the world stage show just bit before Best Rock category. Why not just make them play live at the awards show since they were there instead? 

31 minutes ago, blueshadows said:

Wow what a nice surprise that they won!!

Was watching the tv broadcast  yesterday and I'm a bit confused, during the Broadway they showed FOAM AND basket case from the world stage show just bit before Best Rock category. Why not just make them play live at the awards show since they were there instead? 

Because the video of them with that crowd is much cooler

I was actually surprised the band won only because The 1975 were nominated and they're pretty popular (for some reason). So happy they won! 

2 hours ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

It’s on Twitter if you look up Billie Joe or Green Day mentions. I’m telling you, this K-pop thing is like a cancer taking over the world. And they are constantly attacking people who they determine are somehow insulting to their perfect industry-produced stars. Fortunately I don’t think anyone takes them seriously outside of their bubble.

They have to continue to create controversy cause their music fucking sucks!!!! Music isn't about race. Anyone who tries to make it about race obviously doesn't spend enough time focusing on the MUSIC. I'm definitely not saying that music can't be a part of a culture but race is irrelevant especially when we're talking about contemporary artists. 

I'm glad Billie Joe stirred the hornets nest. They've been playing it too safe lately. It almost sounds like he did it on purpose knowing they're a soft group of bitches. Fuck em, Kpop should be more focused on that tiny 4'10 piece of shit in North Korea and not Billie Joe. 

25 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Because the video of them with that crowd is much cooler

It certainly illustrated perfectly why they deserved to win

me, after the album/single/hella mega news hype calmed down: okay I'll listen to something else now, whatever

me, casually watching that performance then seeing Billie's smile as the crowd reacts to Basket Case:

giphy.gif

Holy shit that performance was amazing. I'm so hyped up right now! The joy on their faces was the only thing that I missed from this era so far so it was great to see :wub:

Not that they needed any extra reason for winning this, but after that performance... Wow ❤️

2 hours ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

They have to continue to create controversy cause their music fucking sucks!!!! Music isn't about race. Anyone who tries to make it about race obviously doesn't spend enough time focusing on the MUSIC. I'm definitely not saying that music can't be a part of a culture but race is irrelevant especially when we're talking about contemporary artists. 

I'm glad Billie Joe stirred the hornets nest. They've been playing it too safe lately. It almost sounds like he did it on purpose knowing they're a soft group of bitches. Fuck em, Kpop should be more focused on that tiny 4'10 piece of shit in North Korea and not Billie Joe. 

You’re acting like mad crazy k pop fan. Have good k pop fans like some good god fans, and there are cringe child fans like you

8 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

You’re acting like mad crazy k pop fan. Have good k pop fans like some good god fans, and there are cringe child fans like you

I don’t agree. It’s not a typical fandom at all. They try to sabotage topics online constantly, as if their idols are the only ones that matter, and they are constantly causing “cancelling” topics to trend on Twitter about various other artists. It’s just very toxic. Also if you look at the way these K pop stars are groomed, it’s straight up child abuse. Two of them have committed suicide in the last month or so.

Time to stop searching Green Day on Twitter for sometime. How long do you think it'll take to blow over? The blowback over the book thing didn't last that long did it? 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

Time to stop searching Green Day on Twitter for sometime. How long do you think it'll take to blow over? The blowback over the book thing didn't last that long did it? 😂😂😂

It’s already blowing over. Very few mentions now and more people are defending them than criticizing. It reached its peak last night and I was afraid they would make it a trending topic, as they often do, but I think they’ve shut up now because there are so many people defending GD.

17 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

So you think that they should be able to run around and say everyone is racist when they're not? How am I anything like them if I'm opposing them? 

Do you even know what defamation is? Also, why don't you attack what I said rather than me as a person? Ad hominem is the lowest valued opinion in an argument. 

9 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

I don’t agree. It’s not a typical fandom at all. They try to sabotage topics online constantly, as if their idols are the only ones that matter, and they are constantly causing “cancelling” topics to trend on Twitter about various other artists. It’s just very toxic. Also if you look at the way these K pop stars are groomed, it’s straight up child abuse. Two of them have committed suicide in the last month or so.

No point of even trying to rationalize with this person. They stooped to ad hominem online. Literally the most ineffective way to prove a point and even holds less value when done online. Internet balls lol Half the people spewing shit wouldn't have the balls to say it to someone in person even if that person was proven to be inferior to them. 

Also, I detect some left wing pinko commie ideas there too. If you are against someone who is fighting against defamation what that does that really say? 

I smell that we have lynch mobbers among us. 

12 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Also, I detect some left wing pinko commie ideas there too.

Excuse me, you do what?

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Excuse me, you do what?

It was in reference to the person who's claiming I'm like a crazy k pop fan. Allowing defamation and obstructing valid facts in a case is prevalent in communist societies. 

I agree that the KPOP fans are going way overboard, but I've seen these petty behavior in other fandoms as well, most notably Taylor Swift and Beyonce. Of course it's not all the fans, but a good majority of them get over the top if anyone dare say anything negative about their idols. It's so unnecessary. 

So I'm very happy that Green Day won the best rock artist this year!

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

So I'm very happy that Green Day won the best rock artist this year!

Same! Even more happy about how much fun they seem to be having while performing, and they sound fantastic. 

Just now, Nightlife said:

Same! Even more happy about how much fun they seem to be having while performing, and they sound fantastic. 

They looked surprised when they won lol

Archived