Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

The leaked clips would probably still mesh with the sound the single today had. Even the same vocal filter was used in the verses and one part of the leaked clip. Could just be clips from FOAM.

They sound so different

Garage rock with pop rock Opera style

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Warner wants their money so they'll promote it as long as they can reasonably expect to see their investment return. The only album they cut promotion off for was the trilogy when they couldn't count on the band to promote the albums and tour (kinda morbid if you think of it but it be like that). Even if Green Day take a dig at Warner, they're still making money for the company so Warner can't complain. Moreover, the video was already shot, so it's just a question of when it's released.

I actually think Warner is ready to cut their losses here. It’s hard to make money off of an album/single purposely titled to include “motherfuckers” just for shits and giggles. February is also one of the slowest months for album sales. The album easily coulda been released in the prime pre-holiday months since it’s been ready for some time. It seems like almost everyone involved knows this is just fulfilling a contractual obligation and there’s no chance for commercial success. 

Honestly, this is a pretty solid theory

* It makes no sense for all the Magnum Opus stuff from that one Instagram account to leak days before the stuff about the new tour comes out

* The band seems super glad to finish off their Warner contract

* The aesthetic so far looks just normal enough to the average person, but just offputting enough to fans who have followed their discography

Also, they could have intentionally added the soundbites from that Longshot video to make the leaks look fake, just to throw people off even more

5 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

So you think they're from a different song on FOAMF? I don't know, since the songs are so short (presumably), that would kinda mean several songs were leaked. It also just seems so different stylistically. But who knows...

I don't think it's that different. The leaked clips were mostly distorted vocals through filters and lofty choruses. We already have one of those in Father of All....

OK after listening to the interview you I think you may be on to something. 

Also interesting that the stadium shows are for sale so far ahead. They may not tour this album that much this year to allow plenty of time to record something epic

#iwanttobelieve

Really interesting points herein this thread. Made me think! I took a  look  back on Billie's IG for The single. Are there hidden messages here?

...The dirty messy...The stink...not giving a fuck...life AND death....The real shit...green day cut through the bullshit...fake...frauds...I tell ya...teabag those mother fuckers... And "glorious seems to be the word" link to opus title?

I'm just gonna say that until I get solid proof that this is not how they intended it and that this theory is false, I'm gonna hold on to it. I'd rather have a shred of hope, because this theory is the only reason I'm still holding it together. 5 stages of grief and all that.

Just now, 1039SweetChildren said:

I actually think Warner is ready to cut their losses here. It’s hard to make money off of an album/single purposely titled to include “motherfuckers” just for shits and giggles. February is also one of the slowest months for album sales. The album easily coulda been released in the prime pre-holiday months since it’s been ready for some time. It seems like almost everyone involved knows this is just fulfilling a contractual obligation and there’s no chance for commercial success. 

I must say that I've been very surprised that a major band has an album coming out after the holiday season, because that makes no sense from the sales pov and it's unnecessary given the album being done for a while now.

It's still a question how much of a joke this album actually is. The song isn't a straight up joke song, even though the artwork, hella mega and the name FOAM all look very toungue-in-cheek, and the way the band talked about leaving Warner makes it look like they're happy to be done with their contract.

I just don't understand why wouldn't they release a normal album instead of a joke only a few people enjoy.

1 minute ago, Thelongshot said:

Really interesting points herein this thread. Made me think! I took a  look  back on Billie's IG for The single. Are there hidden messages here?

...The dirty messy...The stink...not giving a fuck...life AND death....The real shit...green day cut through the bullshit...fake...frauds...I tell ya...teabag those mother fuckers... And "glorious seems to be the word" link to opus title?

We he mentioned glorious I immediately thought of MOOTIK.

Also in the "leak" you hear the lyrics 1-800 Lie and in the video on Paniclands instagram where the singer is doing an awful billie impression you hear the lyrics "theres a number you can call"

It was a fake by Panicland to associate themselves with GD and get free press for their next song.  Stop feeding it.

Honestly don't know why people want them to be real.anyway.  Green day already has two rock operas.   Time for something different.

Don't think it's a coincidence that every word in MOOTIK matches FOAMF in some way.

Father of all = Magnum Opus (masterpiece)

Motherfuckers = Inglorious Kind 

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I must say that I've been very surprised that a major band has an album coming out after the holiday season, because that makes no sense from the sales pov and it's unnecessary given the album being done for a while now.

It's still a question how much of a joke this album actually is. The song isn't a straight up joke song, even though the artwork, hella mega and the name FOAM all look very toungue-in-cheek, and the way the band talked about leaving Warner makes it look like they're happy to be done with their contract.

I just don't understand why wouldn't they release a normal album instead of a joke only a few people enjoy.

Intentional or not it's definitely got a lot of people talking and interested. Is it a joke? Are they pissed at Warner? Would they actually put out an album cover this terrible? The song isn't bad but it's definitely the least Green Day sounding song i've ever heard and that's including....yes i'm going to say it....Nightlife.

Edit: the song Isn't* bad.

4 minutes ago, Doggins said:

OK after listening to the interview you I think you may be on to something. 

Also interesting that the stadium shows are for sale so far ahead. They may not tour this album that much this year to allow plenty of time to record something epic

#iwanttobelieve

If the IG leaks are real, they're already really far into recording the album- actually, it's probably finished by now, considering the fact that they've started printing off record sleeves

1 minute ago, rev said:

The song is bad but it's definitely the least Green Day sounding song i've ever heard and that's including....yes i'm going to say it....Nightlife.

Agreed. At least in Nightlife, you can recognise Billie's voice even if it has been altered. But imo the altered voice in Nightlife kind of works. This doesn't

5 minutes ago, Thelongshot said:

5 minutes ago, Bully Hoe said:

I'm just gonna say that until I get solid proof that this is not how they intended it and that this theory is false, I'm gonna hold on to it. I'd rather have a shred of hope, because this theory is the only reason I'm still holding it together. 5 stages of grief and all that.

there's no way it's 100% sincere, billie has done some insane stuff over the years but not this: the rambling on twitter and the album cover just doesn't look like something a major label band would approve unless they were trying to get a message across to said label

The message from Billie sounds a lot like Reverend Strychnine Twitch's MySpace posts.

6 minutes ago, legendary said:

Yes

That makes me wonder if Magnum Opus was a title considered for GFB.

5 minutes ago, Misery11 said:

Also in the "leak" you hear the lyrics 1-800 Lie and in the video on Paniclands instagram where the singer is doing an awful billie impression you hear the lyrics "theres a number you can call"

It was a fake by Panicland to associate themselves with GD and get free press for their next song.  Stop feeding it.

Honestly don't know why people want them to be real.anyway.  Green day already has two rock operas.   Time for something different.

You seem awfully sure about something you can't definitively prove

9 minutes ago, Misery11 said:

I would honestly believe this if it weren't for a 26 minute long album and the final cover

Again, there's no way that they would do this if they weren't just releasing it to get away from Warner

10 minutes ago, Misery11 said:

So?? I can't hear any similarities between his emo song and the song from that recording. 

Another possibility is that the albums will be released as a pair (think the Trilogy), with FOAM representing the garage-rocky side of the group (think the first 4 albums, Dos, Longshot, and FBHT) and Magnum Opus represents the rock opera and experimental side (Warning, AI, 21CB, the stadium-ish stuff on Tre)

Especially considering that one post earlier in this thread (too lazy to find it) that pointed out that the two album names are basically synonyms

I think that songs like FOAMF are "club songs"... they are great played in small clubs, like all the FBHT songs or longshot or Trilogy ones.    So why Billie wants to play stadium????? I think we'll have something else.

4 hours ago, MrElPacho said:

So, just clarify OP, when you say there are vinyl copies of MOOTIK floating around, where exactly did you get this info? Is this just pure speculation? Or did the band say this themselves, or what?

https://www.greendayfans.com/news/studio-teases-and-possible-album-art-leak/

Here's a link. I can't vouch for any authenticity, but it's interesting to say the least. 

1 minute ago, AngelBlue_ said:

I think that songs like FOAMF are "club songs"... they are great played in small clubs, like all the FBHT songs or longshot or Trilogy ones.    So why Billie wants to play stadium????? I think we'll have something else.

They have a ton of other albums to play at stadiums.

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived