Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

19 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m very excited!!! The leaks sound epic!!! Anyway, I still wanna know what they filmed at the Madonna Inn

That's right!!! Faith restored! If it doesn't come up in any later videos we can safely say it's the FOAM video that was scrapped.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

That's right!!! Faith restored! If it doesn't come up in any later videos we can safely say it's the FOAM video that was scrapped.

Scrapped? Where did you hear that? I was starting to think maybe it could be the non-NHL version of the Fire Ready Aim video

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Scrapped? Where did you hear that? I was starting to think maybe it could be the non-NHL version of the Fire Ready Aim video

Billie mentioned the FOAM video shoot was a big fiasco and then someone somewhere mentioned some footage was scrapped, so there's a theory it could've been the Madonna Inn shoot, but obviously it's just a guess. I'm hoping we get to see it.

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Billie mentioned the FOAM video shoot was a big fiasco and then someone somewhere mentioned some footage was scrapped, so there's a theory it could've been the Madonna Inn shoot, but obviously it's just a guess. I'm hoping we get to see it.

Can you give me a link to the interview where he said this? Was it the KROQ interview?

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Can you give me a link to the interview where he said this? Was it the KROQ interview?

It was at the iHeart festival. Some podcast. It's posted in the iHeart thread.

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Billie mentioned it in the iHeart festival interview and then a musician that plays with Butch Walker posted a comment to the official video on YouTube saying he saw the original video and it was great and wondering why they decided not to use it and go with this much tamer version.  I think he has since taken the comment down but it makes sense in light of the fact that we know they shot a video at the Madonna Inn (according to the makeup artists that tweeted about being in it) and Billie’s “fiasco” comments. There was nothing in the behind the scenes video of the official one that they released that would indicate why this was the case. It had to be over the original now scrapped video. 

12 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Matt never said they went back to the studio. He said they added songs in June. Don't need to necessarily go to the studio for that.

Wait- how would they have added songs to the record without going back to the studio?

1 hour ago, Herroon said:

Wait- how would they have added songs to the record without going back to the studio?

They probably have a tracklist they like and maybe some they cut. Maybe they re-added already recorded songs. Weird given how short FOAM is, but definitely possible.

So, I've been thinking about all of this, and I think there is truth to some degree. This is my first post and forgive me if something similar has been posted. I have a few theories that could work with or without MOOTIK. 

Theories:

I think there is more to Warner than we can be told. I believe it is possible Warner pushed them to sound more pop and pushed them to market on the nostalgia of Anerican Idiot. 

I also think it's possible Green Day wanted this album to be more outspoken, but Warner refused with how decisive politics are. It's very possible Warner didn't want them risking album sales, when their sales aren't as good as AI or 21st.  I think that is why Billie isn't saying the album or the songs are political, very much. If you read into the lyrics of both songs, they could easily both be Anti-Trump songs. Also, I've noted how he goes out of his way constantly to say the album isnt really political, but he also will barely say the songs are political. Almost as if Warner doesn't want them saying it is political. 

"Father of All...":

"I'm obsessed with the poison in us

What a mess, cause there's no one to trust"

I interpret the poison in us, being the Trump administration's message and just the hatred itself. Also, Trump doesn't trust anyone, so much so, that he eats McDonald's to make sure he isn't poisoned. 

The "count your money"  and lying in a bed of blood is because Trump is corrupt and using his power to make a fortune, and he doesn't care who he hurts to get it. 

"We are rivals in the riot inside us" to me says both sides, Dems and Republicans, or Billoe and Trump l, are both burning with intense rage and passion for their side/views, but they completely disagree on it. 

"I'm impressed by the presence of none 

I'm possessed from the heat of the sun

Hurry up because I'm making a fuss

Fingers up because there's no one to trust"

This whole verse is about Donald Trump's temperament. He is fussy, impressed by no one but himself, he is hateful, and their are pictures of him flipping off during speeches in moments of anger.

Fire Ready Aim:

This whole song is about how Donald Trump is a liar, he discredits informants like whistle blowers when he is in trouble, he exaggerates everything, turns to crazy conspiracies, holds grudges, loves revenge, and how he attacks without thinking.

"Kick the dog when the whistle blows, you're a liar"

"Baby got the hyperbole"

'Rip it up on retribution. Turn it up sideways" 

Now, if you want to flow me a little further down the rabbit hole:

I think it's possible the experimentation could have been caused by Green Day not caring if the album sells, or the opposite. I think if they were going to take another risk, they would do it as their last album to fulfill a contract. 

However, I also believe it is possible this is Green Day being dicks. If their label told them to market on AI and to sound more Pop, then it is possible they exaggerated it on purpose. It is like "Insomniac" but to their label. Like, "You want us to sound more radio friendly, here you go. You want us to market in AI, it's right on the cover of our new album." However, I believe things like Billie's descriptions, the AI logo being defaced on the cover, and various other subtle things are their FU's to Warner for it all. Lastly, I've also noticed Unicorns being trendy for some reason. So, its possible that was brought up by Warner to them for logos or something. So, they made every unicorn themed. 

Now, if there ever was a MOOTIK, it is possible that they were either turned down for it, and then made some of the exaggerated decisions for FOAMF.

Or if Warner didnt want them to be too political, they only left songs or even rewrote songs to be more subtle and took the obvious ones off.

I did find it odd that the first interview, on after the release of a lead single to a upcoming album, they were already discussing releasing more next year. Green Day typically takes things a project at a time, at least publically. 

All in all, I'm not saying completely saying FOAMF is a troll album. I think they very well could be exaggerating everything the label asked of them though. Either way, I personally like the new stuff. It isn't as divulging as the Opera stuff, but I don't agree that it is bad.

45 minutes ago, RamoneAnderson333 said:

So, I've been thinking about all of this, and I think there is truth to some degree. This is my first post and forgive me if something similar has been posted. I have a few theories that could work with or without MOOTIK. 

Theories:

I think there is more to Warner than we can be told. I believe it is possible Warner pushed them to sound more pop and pushed them to market on the nostalgia of Anerican Idiot. 

I also think it's possible Green Day wanted this album to be more outspoken, but Warner refused with how decisive politics are. It's very possible Warner didn't want them risking album sales, when their sales aren't as good as AI or 21st.  I think that is why Billie isn't saying the album or the songs are political, very much. If you read into the lyrics of both songs, they could easily both be Anti-Trump songs. Also, I've noted how he goes out of his way constantly to say the album isnt really political, but he also will barely say the songs are political. Almost as if Warner doesn't want them saying it is political. 

"Father of All...":

"I'm obsessed with the poison in us

What a mess, cause there's no one to trust"

I interpret the poison in us, being the Trump administration's message and just the hatred itself. Also, Trump doesn't trust anyone, so much so, that he eats McDonald's to make sure he isn't poisoned. 

The "count your money"  and lying in a bed of blood is because Trump is corrupt and using his power to make a fortune, and he doesn't care who he hurts to get it. 

"We are rivals in the riot inside us" to me says both sides, Dems and Republicans, or Billoe and Trump l, are both burning with intense rage and passion for their side/views, but they completely disagree on it. 

"I'm impressed by the presence of none 

I'm possessed from the heat of the sun

Hurry up because I'm making a fuss

Fingers up because there's no one to trust"

This whole verse is about Donald Trump's temperament. He is fussy, impressed by no one but himself, he is hateful, and their are pictures of him flipping off during speeches in moments of anger.

Fire Ready Aim:

This whole song is about how Donald Trump is a liar, he discredits informants like whistle blowers when he is in trouble, he exaggerates everything, turns to crazy conspiracies, holds grudges, loves revenge, and how he attacks without thinking.

"Kick the dog when the whistle blows, you're a liar"

"Baby got the hyperbole"

'Rip it up on retribution. Turn it up sideways" 

Now, if you want to flow me a little further down the rabbit hole:

I think it's possible the experimentation could have been caused by Green Day not caring if the album sells, or the opposite. I think if they were going to take another risk, they would do it as their last album to fulfill a contract. 

However, I also believe it is possible this is Green Day being dicks. If their label told them to market on AI and to sound more Pop, then it is possible they exaggerated it on purpose. It is like "Insomniac" but to their label. Like, "You want us to sound more radio friendly, here you go. You want us to market in AI, it's right on the cover of our new album." However, I believe things like Billie's descriptions, the AI logo being defaced on the cover, and various other subtle things are their FU's to Warner for it all. Lastly, I've also noticed Unicorns being trendy for some reason. So, its possible that was brought up by Warner to them for logos or something. So, they made every unicorn themed. 

Now, if there ever was a MOOTIK, it is possible that they were either turned down for it, and then made some of the exaggerated decisions for FOAMF.

Or if Warner didnt want them to be too political, they only left songs or even rewrote songs to be more subtle and took the obvious ones off.

I did find it odd that the first interview, on after the release of a lead single to a upcoming album, they were already discussing releasing more next year. Green Day typically takes things a project at a time, at least publically. 

All in all, I'm not saying completely saying FOAMF is a troll album. I think they very well could be exaggerating everything the label asked of them though. Either way, I personally like the new stuff. It isn't as divulging as the Opera stuff, but I don't agree that it is bad.

And remember the DrRobertDoback leaks on Instagram? I think this is not a coincidence!!! The fact that Dr Robert Doback is a reference to the Anchorman movie, then a week later we get the Anchorman Hella Mega Tour teaser!!!!

39 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And remember the DrRobertDoback leaks on Instagram? I think this is not a coincidence!!! The fact that Dr Robert Doback is a reference to the Anchorman movie, then a week later we get the Anchorman Hella Mega Tour teaser!!!!

Minor nitpick- Doback is a reference to Step Brothers.

Has anyone in the media asked them directly about this mystery? Not that they would ever give a straight answer...

1 hour ago, Nightlife said:

Interviewer: so what can you tell us about this MOOTIK thing? 

Green Day:

or Billie: 

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

also both album covers have references to American Idiot, (saint jimmy on MOOTIK and AI itself in FOAM

I also find it weird they haven't played "Fire, Ready, Aim" yet. However, they play AI, and Wake Me Up on Stern. 

7 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Minor nitpick- Doback is a reference to Step Brothers.

Has anyone in the media asked them directly about this mystery? Not that they would ever give a straight answer...

Oops I mixed it up because I was thinking of Will Ferrell!!! But there you go, a Will Ferrell reference a week before the Anchorman Hella Mega Tour teaser came out!!!! Coincidence? I think not!!!

I think that the song of the very first leak would fit into FOAMF. The melody and the lead guitar sound kinda similar to FOAM and FRA

On 10/24/2019 at 10:46 PM, DookieLukie said:

Matt never said they went back to the studio. He said they added songs in June. Don't need to necessarily go to the studio for that.

They went back into the studio.

53 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Is there any truth to this Magnum Opus theory?

How would Matt know that?

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Is there any truth to this Magnum Opus theory?

If there was it wouldnt be a theory would it

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived