Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

They would never release something 26 minutes long, without a good reason.

Perhaps MOOTIK is fake, but FOAMF is definitely just a half-assed hand-in for Warner.

And then ask yourself this: Why would they not have another project in the pipeline to launch their independent career as soon as possible? They must've have realized what we are now realizing: That this would be a bad-ass move

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, madafaka said:

They would never release something 26 minutes long, without a good reason.

Perhaps MOOTIK is fake, but FOAMF is definitely just a half-assed hand-in for Warner.

And then ask yourself this: Why would they not have another project in the pipeline to launch their independent career as soon as possible? They must've have realized what we are now realizing: That this would be a bad-ass move

I have a theory. In that KROQ interview, Billie said they recorded 18 songs in total, but the album only has 10 songs. 
In the New Album Anticipation Thread, @Matt. said they finished recording in April, but then went back in the studio in May. My theory is that they half-assed the album with only 10 songs at 26 minutes and terrible artwork to spite Warner and finish their contract. And then maybe they took those 8 extra songs and went back into the studio to record another 4 or 5 songs to make up another new album! Billie himself even said there’s more music coming out before the tour!!! Magnum Opus maybe?!?!?!?

28 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I have a theory. In that KROQ interview, Billie said they recorded 18 songs in total, but the album only has 10 songs. 
In the New Album Anticipation Thread, @Matt. said they finished recording in April, but then went back in the studio in May. My theory is that they half-assed the album with only 10 songs at 26 minutes and terrible artwork to spite Warner and finish their contract. And then maybe they took those 8 extra songs and went back into the studio to record another 4 or 5 songs to make up another new album! Billie himself even said there’s more music coming out before the tour!!! Magnum Opus maybe?!?!?!?

I didn't hear about this. I only heard him say that they "might release new music next year" in the KROQ interview. When did he say they would release something before the tour?

How many trolls does it take to screw in a lightbulb? The answer is Fire Ready Aim! A new tune for the loons! This song is about our daily outrage. Attack without thought.. hyperbole. Anyway stick a hammer in your mouth. Shut up and dance!

6 minutes ago, ColinOr said:

How many trolls does it take to screw in a lightbulb? The answer is Fire Ready Aim! A new tune for the loons! This song is about our daily outrage. Attack without thought.. hyperbole. Anyway stick a hammer in your mouth. Shut up and dance!

Is it just me or does it seem like the use of "trolls" and the answer being FRA hinting they're fucking with us? 

16 minutes ago, throwaway9802 said:

Did we ever figure out the story behind this guy?

https://www.instagram.com/sloankettering420/?igshid=13i3hkmshb1dy

In general (especially with the last 2 videos), it seems like the hashtags could only be done by an insider or someone who was following rumors about the band in realtime

Yeah, that's a fake. We def figured out already it's someone in this thread havin' some fun.

confirmed

29 minutes ago, ColinOr said:

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I align more with the belief that going back into the studio was actually for what's gonna be on FOAM and that they were working on the other stuff first

1 hour ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

I align more with the belief that going back into the studio was actually for what's gonna be on FOAM and that they were working on the other stuff first

Yeah I thought about that possibility too! Maybe they presented the “real” album to Warner, then they got pissed off at the September-February release schedule, so they went back in and recorded FOAMF. But then Warner must have pissed them off before that too because they made that private IG account to document the recording process, SongsForAssholes. Because if not Warner, who else would the “Assholes” be?

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah I thought about that possibility too! Maybe they presented the “real” album to Warner, then they got pissed off at the September-February release schedule, so they went back in and recorded FOAMF. But then Warner must have pissed them off before that too because they made that private IG account to document the recording process, SongsForAssholes. Because if not Warner, who else would the “Assholes” be?

Somebody pointed out that Febuary isn't a great month for album sales which makes sense
I don't think Green Day got mad at them for that, I think maybe they're trying to keep Warner from making the amount of money they potentially could if it was released more during the holidays
As far as the ig account goes they seem pretty open about wanting off their contract so they definitely got screwed over before the release date shit (if that was even Warner forcing it on them)

Has anyone considered hacking let’s say 80’s Instagram page and looking at the songs for assholes page from there ? 😂 or is that too far hahaha 

2 minutes ago, XxxcarterxxX said:

Has anyone considered hacking let’s say 80’s Instagram page and looking at the songs for assholes page from there ? 😂 or is that too far hahaha 

Only a teeny tiny bit

12 minutes ago, XxxcarterxxX said:

Yes, definitely too far.

14 minutes ago, XxxcarterxxX said:

How about this? https://ppdcrown.net/

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

How about this? https://ppdcrown.net/

That page is literally being blocked to a certain extent for me I definitely wouldn't do anything with that

4 hours ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

This is the most likely theory for me too. The new song even sounds like it was specifically made for a hockey ad, so maybe they knew it was part of their contract and they were just like, "well there is it, in your face." I don't know. I seriously don't know what to believe anymore.

14 hours ago, That Dude said:

Yum! But Nimrod would taste like Platypus and worry. 

I'm going to get on my bicycle.  And big wheel.   You worry?  You worry?  You 

You rub it. 

Fuck he was high lmao

11 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

What?

I think he's referring to the sentence "How many trolls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?" in the song description on YouTube. Could mean everyting and nothing. I don't understand what Green Day is trying to tell us nowadays: lyrics, song descriptions, feverish e-mail-newsletters, everything's a mystery for me right now, so🤷‍♀️😂

5 hours ago, Thatsername said:

This is the most likely theory for me too. The new song even sounds like it was specifically made for a hockey ad, so maybe they knew it was part of their contract and they were just like, "well there is it, in your face." I don't know. I seriously don't know what to believe anymore.

I read that the NHL cooperation was planned for 2016 but then postponed

11 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I read that the NHL cooperation was planned for 2016 but then postponed

GD were meant to play at a hockey match in 2016, just before the main tour if I remember, but had to cancel due to illness.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

GD were meant to play at a hockey match in 2016, just before the main tour if I remember, but had to cancel due to illness.

Yeah I think it was a Toronto Maple Leafs game right?

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah I think it was a Toronto Maple Leafs game right?

It was the “World Cup of Hockey”. 

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived