Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

Trying to remain positive about FOAMF but can't help but feel like we'll end up looking back at this era in the same way as the trilogy. 

Personally, I think RevRad was their best work since American Idiot, and was a massive redemption from Uno Dos and Tre. Bit gutted that they messed with the formula again tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't get all the worry and discussion about Billie's comments posted under the FOAM on YouTube, did none of you ever read liner notes on an album cover?  R&R in particular has always had nuts liner notes, I don't think people should worry about it or over-analyse it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

I don't get all the worry and discussion about Billie's comments posted under the FOAM on YouTube, did none of you ever read liner notes on an album cover?  R&R in particular has always had nuts liner notes, I don't think people should worry about it or over-analyse it.

What He writed in revrad? 

17 minutes ago, jengd said:

Did He writed f u unicorn in revrad? 

2 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

What He writed in revrad? 

Just everyone generally for years and years have written all kinds of weird and crazy stuff on album liner notes, remember this is the band who had that whole story on 39 Smooth.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Just everyone generally for years and years have written all kinds of weird and crazy stuff on album liner notes, remember this is the band who had that whole story on 39 Smooth.

Sorry I no understand youre language. Thank you

17 minutes ago, Joshua James said:

Personally that is what I think is going on. Just something to tide us over until they are independent.

33 minutes ago, Joshua James said:

That guy just stole from the Magnum Opus thread😛 Nothing new here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thatsername said:

Depends on your definition of “new sounds”, I suppose. For me, the song FOAMF doesn’t really have a new sound except for the falsetto. And Billie’s feverish letter sounds like it comes straight outta 2012 – a “postcard from the past”, if you will. Apocalyptical partying, dancing and not giving a fuck sounds kind of familiar to me. So yes, we’ve only just heard one song so far and we don’t know how the others will sound like. But the general approach of the new record, the general topic and the “fuck you”-vibe don’t feel new or innovative to me, and I guess I had kind of hoped that they had moved beyond this point by now.

Is it that you're finding it old and overused or is it that you don't relate? 

5 hours ago, Motoko Kusanagi said:

To be fair as much as I love RevRad ... it was playing it far too safe which is understandable after the trilogy. IMO they can mess up the formula all they want, they have nothing to prove to anyone so they can do whatever they want now 😜

Rev Rad was a good full circle 30th anniversary and RnR hall of fame album that contained little pieces of what made up all the other previous Green Day eras. My one complaint was that it didn't showcase what we might come to expect out of their future releases. It was a safe play but it was appropriate at the time. 

I think it's cool to see them take a risk again especially when the trilogy wasn't really that long ago. I just wish we got a real album cover.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Is it that you're finding it old and overused or is it that you don't relate?

Both🤐

44 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Both🤐

I figured that was the case because I can relate to it and the lyrics are definitely relevant to some things I'm going through now 

The two lines I can relate to are "I'm impressed by the presence of none" and "fingers up cause there's no one to trust" and both are relevant to my personal and working lives 

These are all very general too and very easy to apply to any situation in your life. For example, I can relate to that first line I quoted especially right now as Canada is heading into a federal election and we have probably the worst group of candidates running for each party that the country has ever seen. It's led to independents building up momentum but some of them are so radical that it makes it even worse. 

If you can't find any way to relate to this as of right now maybe try and look back at a previous time where you felt that way about someone or something.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joshua James said:

This guy is the worst.

So what is the band going to do for 5 months before this album releases?

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

This guy is the worst.

So what is the band going to do for 5 months before this album releases?

Hoping for a video clip and another single release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joshua James said:

The fucking worst account on YouTube.

2 hours ago, Joey said:

Uninformed opinion alert:

So I really like the new single and it bodes well for the album. It’s fun and energetic, but also more compelling than a standard shouty 4 chord pop punk anthem like Bang Bang (good song) or Know Your Enemy (bad song). The bass and drums are doing things I’ve never heard them try before. Less fussed about the vocals but wouldn’t be totally out of place on Stop Drop and Roll.

Since they first appeared, it seems like Foxboro Hot Tubs are the band Billie has wanted to be in, more than Green Day, so he’s just decided to embrace it and changed GD’s sound to fit that, after dipping his toes in on Dos, rather than knock out another safe album like Revolution Radio.

I’m less sure it’ll translate to stadium shows. The new single sounds perfect to be blasted in a small, sweaty club and will be less resonant in an arena, the same way FHT were basically a gleeful drunken hot mess of a band. You’d want to see them play it at the 100 Club, not Wembley. 

The album art is a mess and I ordered the uncensored version of the album because the unicorn makes it even uglier, but if its intention is to suggest that they have nothing to prove, they own their own legacy and are perfectly entitled to satirise it themselves then I suppose it’s impossible to object. That fucking unicorn though. It's a sleeve you'd hide away so that visitors didn't see it.

I’m convinced that anyone who thinks there’s a whole other album waiting to be released is insane. The inherent disrespect for the fans fans if they deliberately released an inferior product to ‘stick it’ to their record label would be beyond comprehension.

It’s also acceptable for the album to be short. Grubby, fast punk and garage rock albums don’t go on for 50 minutes - they top out at 30 minutes because it would be an exhausting experience otherwise (see MC5, Ramones and the Descendents debuts for proof). 

Someone save this and remind me in 18 months when they’ve released 4 independent albums by the end of 2020.

Think this is spot on. Would be outrageous to release a known inferior album and cash in on it with a mega tour just to release the one they actually enjoy.

I don't think the single is experimental. Just because its different to RevRad doesn't mean anything new, its pretty lightweight and whilst enjoyable, isn't going to stand the test of time imo.

7 hours ago, Thatsername said:

Depends on your definition of “new sounds”, I suppose. For me, the song FOAMF doesn’t really have a new sound except for the falsetto. And Billie’s feverish letter sounds like it comes straight outta 2012 – a “postcard from the past”, if you will. Apocalyptical partying, dancing and not giving a fuck sounds kind of familiar to me. So yes, we’ve only just heard one song so far and we don’t know how the others will sound like. But the general approach of the new record, the general topic and the “fuck you”-vibe don’t feel new or innovative to me, and I guess I had kind of hoped that they had moved beyond this point by now.

So you want a big bang, party-pooping, non-dancible giving a fuck Green Day.

Album 15. 

Album 15 will have all that.

They will sound like music from an infant universe, full of hope and promise and glorious light.

They will NOT party or have fun. Fun is awful. 

They will care about everything, however minute.  They will be sticklers. 

I messing around, in case nobody noticed. :)

I think it's hard to change up the whole vibe with each Era, and now we're getting one that happens to be close to a previous one.

I personally find it refreshing but totally understand the hate.  That kind of MAKES it Punk, right?  

Green Day are pissing people off for the first time since they said some choice words on Idiot and Breakdown and they aren't even cursing in the lyrics yet!  

Maybe it's time they accepted their aren't really suited for the new pop world and go to the other extreme.

Billie loves Rock N Roll.

Billie loves Punk. 

Let's allow him to go nuts and make both.  

There may be albums you like and ones not so much.

But I feel like the entire genre is gearing up for a takeover again.  So many rock bands are releasing bold albums that KIND of harkon back to another era and it's amazing!  Not listing bands here but for me at least, Rock N Roll is ascending this year.  

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

This guy is the worst.

29 minutes ago, Joe. said:

The fucking worst account on YouTube.

I hate that he does that douchey podcast accent in all his videos. Why can't these people just speak in a normal speaking voice. 

You know who's just as bad? The Needle Drop. The guy literally does an advertisement for a sponsor in the video before reviewing FOAMF... this is literally after calling Rev Rad a gutless commercial pop punk record....

Edit: I feel kinda bad about my first line there cause I know that dude is a hardcore GD fan and he's definitely gonna see my comment lmaoooo I'm still gonna keep it up there though 

• Like 1

Just now, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I hate that he does that douchey podcast accent in all his videos. Why can't these people just speak in a normal speaking voice. 

You know who's just as bad? The Needle Drop. The guy literally does an advertisement for a sponsor in the video before reviewing FOAMF... this is literally after calling Rev Rad a gutless commercial pop punk record....

I couldn't make it past the first minute. His voice annoyed me so much!

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

I couldn't make it past the first minute. His voice annoyed me so much!

yeah cause it's not a real speaking voice! He thinks if he's nasally and bulges his eyes out while raising his hands it proves his point more or something lol It's just really unnecessary 

Anthony Fantano is another one, trying to always speak like he's some intellect. Dude you're an angry music nerd just lay it down why you don't like something stop being a politician about it

Sorry I'm just angry my rant about critics is over 

..... for now

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic