Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

6 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Something like that for actual album art would have been cool lol

They're really trying to stay relevant is what's going on here

Yeah, I hope that on Album 14, Green Day try to be irrelevant as possible.   Make music that absolutely doesn't matter at all.   Just 

Irreverent Irrelevance (2023)

1. Nothing Else Matters, Neither does this

2.  Books

3.  Flamethower you Passion

4. Burn down the 90s! 

5.  Talking Bout Your Generation.   

and so on.   

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Yeah, I hope that on Album 14, Green Day try to be irrelevant as possible.   Make music that absolutely doesn't matter at all.   Just 

2.  Books

4. Burn down the 90s! 

and so on.   

I actually laughed my ass off this 😂

• Like 1

Will the next single be a title we know, or that one we don't know yet?  

Hella Mega was a rumor-title for a while, I hope that is it. 

Hella Mega!

54 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

You know what I'm going to say

B R A T W U R S T

The 40 minute version or the edited, 29 minute version?

Also, there aren't any reused lyrics for song titles this time around, right? 

We need some more of those like:

"You're a Victim"

"Semiautomatic Lonely Boy"

"Age of Hysteria"

"Give up the Fight"

and then the sequel to "King for a day"

- "Princess by Dawn (Viva La little Drama King).  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, That Dude said:

Will the next single be a title we know, or that one we don't know yet?  

I hope it's either Bulletproof Backpack, Art of the Deal with the Devil, or I was A Teenage Teenager. All three of those stand out the most to me.

One thing I will say FOAM has going for it here is these song titles are actually pretty intriguing. Hopefully these ones live up the the intrigue.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, That Dude said:

2.  Books

4. Burn down the 90s! 

and so on.   

I need a song called "Burn down the 90s" in my life😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

I need a song called "Burn down the 90s" in my life😄

But should it sound 90s-ish, or should it sound completely new?

What is everyone expecting with the packaging?  digipak, traditional or other? 

The biggest part of the packaging for me is the booklet and included lyrics (maybe they will actually put CORRECT lyrics in this one??) 

Perhaps we'll get a whole story with the unicorn, seeing he or she doing these with each song.   Humping the lyrics, or maybe acting them out occasionally.   Or vomiting them out or on them.   

We really need the unicorns name.  They are probably the main focus of the lyrics anyway being on the front cover and all.   This is probably a concept record.   

but back on track.   I hope we get a decent booklet, with good lyrics, credits, etc.   

15 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I was A Teenage Teenager.

For me I'd prefer this remains as an obscure album track rather than being released as a single. As Green Day fans we get it but as a single out to radio stations and the general public they just aren't going to understand it. 

For me this sort of has a Ramones vibe to the title 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheenius said:

For me I'd prefer this remains as an obscure album track rather than being released as a single. As Green Day fans we get it but as a single out to radio stations and the general public they just aren't going to understand it. 

Wonder if it's an actual lyric in the song. Can't wait to hear the wordplay in it either way!  

I also wonder what the title track and album would have been called if not for the FOAM idea coming out of nowhere!

7 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I also wonder what the title track and album would have been called if not for the FOAM idea coming out of nowhere!

The Riot Inside Us

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I'm not sure I get it. What exactly does it mean?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I'm not sure I get it. What exactly does it mean?

I don‘t get it as well. Could someone please enlighten us? 😅

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I just heard FOAM on the radio for the first time and you know what??? I like it a lot more than I thought? Maybe I shouldn't have listened to it on my phone first, because it got a lot better on a less crappy device. Anyway, I'm slightly more hyped now 

I had kind of hoped that would happen with me too, but so far, no. I came to realize that I like the lyrics though. The "And it's so hysterical, crackin' up under the pressure, looking for a miracle" and "lying in a bed of blood and money"-part is actually pretty brilliant. Those lyrics in a song I like would break my heart, I guess.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I had kind of hoped that would happen with me too, but so far, no. I came to realize that I like the lyrics though. The "And it's so hysterical, crackin' up under the pressure, looking for a miracle" and "lying in a bed of blood and money"-part is actually pretty brilliant. Those lyrics in a song I like would break my heart, I guess.

You think FOAMF is bad? You should’ve seen my face when I actually paid attention to the lyrics for “No Sleep ‘til Brooklyn” by the Beastie Boys. It hurt that I liked a song with those lyrics, but it was a kick ass tune, so I let it go. As long as they don’t start bragging about their money, talking about “hos”, and street cred, I think you’re fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

So how many more singles left? Did we come to a consensus on this?

I'm hoping for 3 more, but probably 2 or even 1.   

Ready Fire Aim didn't really feel like a full fledged album promotion, so not sure if that even counts.  

I'm gonna guess that there's gonna be 2 more singles. One near the end of December/start of January and then one shortly before the album release in February. 4 new songs isn't too bad with a gap this long between album/announcement. Also, a lot of people didn't hear Xmas Time of the Year when it was released in 2015 so I guess it's alright that they re-released it for those people. I hope we get the full album tracklist at some point with the track order and song lengths.

So when do you think we might get an album leak? I assume it'll be at most a month before the release, probably close to 2 weeks before the release

20 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

You think FOAMF is bad? You should’ve seen my face when I actually paid attention to the lyrics for “No Sleep ‘til Brooklyn” by the Beastie Boys. It hurt that I liked a song with those lyrics, but it was a kick ass tune, so I let it go. As long as they don’t start bragging about their money, talking about “hos”, and street cred, I think you’re fine.

Billie kind of dabbled in talkng about his hoes with Troublemaker :lol:

20 hours ago, Thatsername said:

To be fair, I didn't dislike it, I just thought the album version didn't sound good with the vocals too low in the mix and the whole thing sounding kind of messy, but it seemed okay when I heard it again now.

I agree about the lyrics - they're simple, but good. It's the happy sounding music and serious lyrics again, like so many gd classics.

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I agree about the lyrics - they're simple, but good. It's the happy sounding music and serious lyrics again, like so many gd classics.

I like that juxtaposition. I'm glad he's getting back to that. Longshot was similar. Happy/upbeat music with dark & simple lyrics. 

• Like 3

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic