Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

17 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

They could do it like Prince and give the album away together with something. Prince did it with Mail on Sunday, GD could do the same deal with Kerrang. At this point it wouldn't even be that embarrassing :P

Yeah, and to quote Billie: "He's dead, so why not?" 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yesterday while watching TV I saw an add for this thing about five times:

Green Day....you're actually making me consider getting this overpriced toy. Stop. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Yesterday while watching TV I saw an add for this thing about five times:

Green Day....you're actually making me consider getting this overpriced toy. Stop. 

If only pressing the necklace was making it throw up...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Is it a form of mind control?  I was seriously considering buying a very cute unicorn key ring I saw today, why for heaven's sake??? I don't need it, have too many keys to fit, it was terrible design, would catch on everything and I have other keyrings at home …… may go back for it tomorrow 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They've had great album art with Dookie, Nimrod and Insomniac, then AI was this really distinct aesthetic with the grenade logo. 21CB is really cool too and in hindsight, Revolution Radio wasn't that bad.

• Like 4

Their emphasis on album art seemed to decline along with the interest in albums and with most people getting the music digitally the album art is smaller than a postage stamp anyway. Since 2012 they may have just decided not to spend too much energy on it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Their emphasis on album art seemed to decline along with the interest in albums and with most people getting the music digitally the album art is smaller than a postage stamp anyway. Since 2012 they may have just decided not to spend too much energy on it. 

that's sad though… considering their budget, it wouldn't be a problem to get an artist to create interesting album art for them. Lady Gaga had fucking Jeff Koons to design an album cover for her. I don't like his art, it's just an example. I should have said Warhol and Velvet Underground... anyway, I think it would be really cool if they teamed up with a visual artist. Not neccessarily someone as super famous as Warhol or Koons, but an artist who makes interesting stuff and maybe can bring a little extra publicity or at least create a cover that draws attention.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/26/2019 at 2:06 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah I feel like this is a common thing with most artists now. A lot of thought doesn't go into packaging or album art because most people stream. It's so sad. There are still acts out there who do care but it feels like most acts are like whatever not many people will buy the CD. Still considering how popular vinyl is you'd think it'd still be an important asset.

• Like 3

On 10/26/2019 at 4:06 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

well they promote the unicorn alot, so they care about the album cover. 

This is the first of their album covers to actually piss me off. It looks like a shitty fan-made cover created in 5 minutes on Microsoft Paint. The trilogy covers didn't really bother me, neither did the RevRad cover but this one really bothers me and it wouldn't matter if the music was good but I still think it's far below their usual standards

All their albums before the trilogy had cool or interesting album covers (With the exception of Warning, but that had a cool logo which should've been used)

• Like 1

I recently went on this huge Theory / rant in the MOOTIK thread. In a section, I talked about how regardless of MOOTIK existing, I believe there is some tension and things happening with Warner, that they can't discuss. I think this album cover is supposed to look like trash. I think Warner could have pushed them to market on the Nostalgia of AI, or wanted them to sound more like AI. Essentially, they wreck the cover as an FU. Also, the whole cover is just AI, mostly, so it would be super tongue in cheek. I also noticed rainbows and unicorns being trendy recently. Its possible this was brought up to them as am idea by Warner. Then, as an FU to Warner, it is puking rainbows on AI. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 3:18 PM, Beerjeezus said:

that's sad though… considering their budget, it wouldn't be a problem to get an artist to create interesting album art for them. Lady Gaga had fucking Jeff Koons to design an album cover for her. I don't like his art, it's just an example. I should have said Warhol and Velvet Underground... anyway, I think it would be really cool if they teamed up with a visual artist. Not neccessarily someone as super famous as Warhol or Koons, but an artist who makes interesting stuff and maybe can bring a little extra publicity or at least create a cover that draws attention.

Maybe they can do something cool with the Father of All artwork.   Like do some performance art with a horse and a girl and some vomit.   On second thought, maybe not.  

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I was so pumped for new music all summer with Matt's teasing, but now I don't feel very excited. I'm trying to figure out why. Maybe because the release cycle is so ridiculously long that it has burnt me out. Maybe because the music isn't what I thought it would be. I liked FOAM but Fire, Ready, Aim was very flat to me. I guess I expected something new and challenging from GD. Maybe my life is just busier. Whatever the reason, I wish the release wasn't so stretched out.

It was fun to read some "insiders" on 4chan or to try to find some leaks or hints from the band this summer. 

I guess the wait is always better then the actual moment for me lol. I'm not a guy who actually prefer the present, but I love the past. Maybe in 5 years I'll miss the FOAM era as hell.

On 10/27/2019 at 5:32 AM, dudley dawson said:

Green Day could really learn a thing or two on how to make amazing album art from Tame Impala. Just saying 🙂

EHwbykSUYAIMv8v-1572041892-720x720.jpeg

Yeah but at least Green Day can write songs...

On 10/26/2019 at 1:53 PM, Beerjeezus said:

in hindsight, Revolution Radio wasn't that bad.

I think saying "Revolution Radio wasn't that bad" in the wake of FOAMF is kind of like saying "George W. Bush wasn't that bad" in the wake of Trump. 

No matter how much something sucks there's always a bigger, shittier fish. 

But uh... anyway, to keep it relevant: this release cycle has completely sucked the joy out of waiting for a new album. It's a great little rock-and-a-hard-place situation where I don't want to hear new music because if they keep putting out a single every month and a half we'll have half the record before the damn thing is out. But on the other hand, less than five minutes of music really isn't enough to keep me hyped until February. I'm considering pre-ordering the album just so I don't forget to buy it lmao. 

1 hour ago, Josh100_3 said:

Yeah but at least Green Day can write songs...

You’re entitled to your (wrong) opinion 😉

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I was so pumped for new music all summer with Matt's teasing, but now I don't feel very excited. I'm trying to figure out why. Maybe because the release cycle is so ridiculously long that it has burnt me out. Maybe because the music isn't what I thought it would be. I liked FOAM but Fire, Ready, Aim was very flat to me. I guess I expected something new and challenging from GD. Maybe my life is just busier. Whatever the reason, I wish the release wasn't so stretched out.

I think everything. I busy too and dont have time to listen, but In the past I listened when busy. Probably music is weak too.

5 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

You’re entitled to your (wrong) opinion 😉

I’m sort of joking. I’m from Australia, so they get super overplayed and I’ve never really seen the appeal of them. 

I saw them live before they made it big and thought they were awful. They have a few okay songs.

Let's see how the other songs before release will perform. And then let's focus "before the tour". Maybe they are really putting out MOOTIK.

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

At this point I don't believe they have another album up their sleeve, they're just saying that in the future they'll release stuff on their own schedule.

What they do have is anywhere from seven (according to the first KROQ interview) to “a baker’s dozen” (according to the last breakfast show) of completed songs no one has heard yet and my guess is they’ll release some of those in the near future like they did with the Longshot EPs on Soundcloud. They will probably all sound very similar to the stuff on the FOAMF album.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What they do have is anywhere from seven (according to the first KROQ interview) to “a baker’s dozen” (according to the last breakfast show) of completed songs no one has heard yet and my guess is they’ll release some of those in the near future like they did with the Longshot EPs on Soundcloud. They will probably all sound very similar to the stuff on the FOAMF album.

Yeah that sounds plausible. Could be that they'll release some b-sides after FOAM but before the tour starts.

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic