Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

I'm actually miffed at the Green Day store because I feel like they're not making it clear that all the merch is available without the digital album for a cheaper price. I ordered the pin set with the album because I thought that was standard. And I see it's available without for 5 bucks cheaper. I just contacted Warner wondering if they would just switch the items for me. Hopefully, they can help but on their FAQ it says they can't. Hopefully, that's not true. I'd really rather save the five bucks and not have the album go to waste. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I'm actually miffed at the Green Day store because I feel like they're not making it clear that all the merch is available without the digital album for a cheaper price. I ordered the pin set with the album because I thought that was standard. And I see it's available without for 5 bucks cheaper. I just contacted Warner wondering if they would just switch the items for me. Hopefully, they can help but on their FAQ it says they can't. Hopefully, that's not true. I'd really rather save the five bucks and not have the album go to waste. 

Wow yeah just realized that. Paid an extra $5 for the shirt with the digital album when I got it with the Vinyl.

It does say on the bundle page that items are available separately but then you have to search to find them, they don’t link them there so I agree they do make it hard  on purpose. I noticed it only because I spotted the same thing with the Oakland coffee mug and was able to search for the mug alone and buy it so I did the same thing here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

We know like 7/10 song titles

Go find out the other three would you.  

I'm thinking it's "Passion Fruit"   "Traces of a Shadow"   and "Shkinkle"

9 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

foam is probably the GD-era i am least excited for, so sad

It's different for everyone.
For me I'm really excited. But I know it's because during this era I'll go for a trip in Toronto for the Hella Mega with two bands that I love a lot (Weezer and Interupters). Then Green Day signed a contract with my favorite sport.

So I guess if you don't like Weezer, FOB or Hockey or even the new sound of Green Day well it's normal that you're not excited.

I'm very much looking forward to the album and more interviews and performances, but so far none of the songs have really made me hyped for the album. Hopefully, the next single will. Still really excited to get my copies though!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

I would say it's still too early to be able to say that. The album doesn't even drop for another 4 months. If the trilogy era wasn't following 21cb most of us would probably feel the same level of excitement as now. I'm finding this to be a tad more exciting than Rev Rad but that era also started with a cancelled show for me. I'm excited by the fact there's 8 songs I haven't heard. I think we're likely to hear another one but from there we'll need to wait the remainder. 

I kind of view Green Day as semi retired at this point. Glory days are over. The days of heavy promotion and appearances are also over. If you're looking for the excitement that was experienced prior to AI or 21CB I think its safe to say we won't be getting that. Not just for this band but for rock as an entire genre. 

• Sad 1

On 10/21/2019 at 7:24 PM, GuitarPunk94 said:

Although I like what we've heard so far I have to agree. It's just not in the same league as what's come before. I've been a GD fan since AI and I can say every era since 21CB has been way much exciting than this. Ok admittedly that's only 3 eras but it's 5 if you count each release in the trilogy separately. 

It's not as excitint because for some reason there is a 5 month gap between single and album. Can't sustain hype that long. Seems like they are trying to build up pre-orders.

• Like 4

On 10/21/2019 at 1:24 PM, GuitarPunk94 said:

I know, right? I'm still kind of bummed that I feel this way, but that's just it. All of this totally lacks passion so far, and I can't even really explain why. There's just a very weird aura surrounding the whole thing. I think moving to Crush and doing all the modern fancy stuff, like a long gap between single and album looked like a cool thing for them to do to stay relevant, but I start to believe that it was a mistake.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I know, right? I'm still kind of bummed that I feel this way, but that's just it. All of this totally lacks passion so far, and I can't even really explain why. There's just a very weird aura surrounding the whole thing. I think moving to Crush and doing all the modern fancy stuff, like a long gap between single and album looked like a cool thing for them to do to stay relevant, but I start to believe that it was a mistake.

Your post has me singing 

"Corigraphed and lack of passion..."

I enjoy the two new songs and weirdness this time around and like always, I believe the deep cuts will be miles above the singles.  All my favorite Green Day songs are NOT singles.  I'm not elitest who only loves unpopular songs or anything, just happened that way with them.

We've got about 4 minutes of a 26 minute album.  There's plenty of room for amazing tunes!

• Like 1

Just now, That Dude said:

Your post has me singing 

"Corigraphed and lack of passion..."

I enjoy the two new songs and weirdness this time around and like always, I believe the deep cuts will be miles above the singles.  All my favorite Green Day songs are NOT singles.  I'm not elitest who only loves unpopular songs or anything, just happened that way with them.

We've got about 4 minutes of a 26 minute album.  There's plenty of room for amazing tunes!

I agree my personal favourites have also been deep cuts

54 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It's not as excitint because for some reason there is a 5 month gap between single and album. Can't sustain hype that long. Seems like they are trying to build up pre-orders.

Pre-orders seems like good business today when there are fewer physical record stores to stock and its expensive to print way more copies of a record than you might sell. With pre-orders they get a better idea of how many to press to avoid a warehouse full later. 

There was more steady promotion in September but things seem to have died down. I was expecting more hype around FRA but with no music video it really does seem like this song was more for the NHL than an official single. They’ve done no promo for it other than that, which sucks because I think that song would sound awesome live.

So now it’s gone quiet again and I want a proper single for more TV and radio promotion. I’m glad they’re doing the KROQ thing at least. Maybe they’re saving New York talk shows and promo for when the album comes. 

• Like 3

Yeah they can't do all the promo now or peoole will forget by February. I just hate the drawn out marketing. Single and album a month later is so much better.

• Like 3

I thought they would be doing more interviews, more magazine cover stories, and late night appearances too. Everything was so exciting about a month ago and now it's all quiet again. Maybe as we get closer to the release date it'll pick up again.

On pre-orders, they're pretty necessary. Now you can't rely on big box stores to keep physical albums in stock even if they are by major artists. When I wanted to get Slipknot's new CD, the Target near me didn't even have it in store. I had to find a record store to get it. In most cases, it's just so much easier to do a pre-order and as long as artists keep making interesting bundles, it'll encourage more people to pre-order physical editions from the site. Though seriously Green Day has to alter their shipping.

• Love 1

I haven’t pre-ordered it purely because I don’t think I have ever received a pre-order on the right day.  AAF came a day early (not complaining about that one) but everything else has been late, UNO a week late!  I will be heading for a record store, I still like a physical copy but am holding off going back to vinyl!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

I haven’t pre-ordered it purely because I don’t think I have ever received a pre-order on the right day.  AAF came a day early (not complaining about that one) but everything else has been late, UNO a week late!  I will be heading for a record store, I still like a physical copy but am holding off going back to vinyl!

The only pre-order I had a day in advance was Uno, Dos and Tré ahah

Yeah I've been having issues with getting pre-orders the same day lately. I got RevRad same day, but I also got that from Amazon. I would much rather go out and get it, but I don't know if Target will have it, plus I wanted the explicit vinyl cover. And while I love record stores, their prices on new releases usually suck and I still have to keep my budget in mind.

• Like 2

I pre-ordered the CD in order to get the tour ticket presale as I’m sure a lot of people did. That and merch bundles are another way they stack the deck with presales and sell way more copies than they otherwise might these days. I already have Spotify I never would have bought the CD if it wasn’t to get the presale code. 

• Like 1

I just registered to get the pre-sale code, you didn’t need to pre-order, but yeah, it’s totally designed to make you pre-order and given how the music industry is these days, you can understand they want an idea of interest before producing a whole ton of stuff that doesn’t get bought!

They could do it like Prince and give the album away together with something. Prince did it with Mail on Sunday, GD could do the same deal with Kerrang. At this point it wouldn't even be that embarrassing :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I thought they would be doing more interviews, more magazine cover stories, and late night appearances too. Everything was so exciting about a month ago and now it's all quiet again. Maybe as we get closer to the release date it'll pick up again.

On pre-orders, they're pretty necessary. Now you can't rely on big box stores to keep physical albums in stock even if they are by major artists. When I wanted to get Slipknot's new CD, the Target near me didn't even have it in store. I had to find a record store to get it. In most cases, it's just so much easier to do a pre-order and as long as artists keep making interesting bundles, it'll encourage more people to pre-order physical editions from the site. Though seriously Green Day has to alter their shipping.

I picked Slipknot's new one up at Target and returned my preorder from Amazon because it took so long.  

But then with Blink I couldn't find a physical copy ANYWHERE in store.  Which after hearing it is no big deal.  Haha.  But I need Father of All in my hand by 8AM on release day! 

I like Green Day enough that I may pre order it and then also go and try and find it in store. 

If I can't find one within 40-50 miles I guess I'll download it and end up buying it three times !!!!!

And while I used to go after those "book" versions of their albums, I am done with those.  The Idiot one is a prized possesion for me but the Breakdown and Rev Rad ones just don't do much for me.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I picked Slipknot's new one up at Target and returned my preorder from Amazon because it took so long.  

But then with Blink I couldn't find a physical copy ANYWHERE in store.  Which after hearing it is no big deal.  Haha.  But I need Father of All in my hand by 8AM on release day! 

I like Green Day enough that I may pre order it and then also go and try and find it in store. 

If I can't find one within 40-50 miles I guess I'll download it and end up buying it three times !!!!!

And while I used to go after those "book" versions of their albums, I am done with those.  The Idiot one is a prized possesion for me but the Breakdown and Rev Rad ones just don't do much for me.  

GAH! You're lucky you found Slipknot at Target. It wasn't even at my local store. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon, but I really didn't want to wait another week so I managed to track one down at a record store near me. But I'm the same way. When RevRad came out, I woke up early to go to Target and pick up the CD. But with stores like that limiting their supply, it's not even a guarantee. 

I'm actually happy Green Day didn't do a book version. I already spent enough on them and I was worried I'd break the band if they did a book version! I actually like them for my collection and I've managed to track down all the ones from AI to RevRad years down the line. 

• Like 1

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic