Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

Has there been any word about whether or not we can expect a concert movie à la Bullet in a Bible or Awesome as Fuck, or at least a YouTube series or something? I noticed professional camcorders all throughout the Pittsburgh show and assume they've been at the other dates as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 2klightyrsaway said:

Has there been any word about whether or not we can expect a concert movie à la Bullet in a Bible or Awesome as Fuck, or at least a YouTube series or something? I noticed professional camcorders all throughout the Pittsburgh show and assume they've been at the other dates as well.

They (or at least I can only speak for Green Day) record and keep all their shows. No word yet on a live album. If we were to hear about it, it’d probably after the tour is over. But I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Hopefully for the next GD solo tour since at that point it’ll have been over ten years since the last live album. 

• Like 3

I think the problem would be that we have live performances of almost all the songs they are playing on this tour already on BIAB and AAF

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

They (or at least I can only speak for Green Day) record and keep all their shows. No word yet on a live album. If we were to hear about it, it’d probably after the tour is over. But I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Hopefully for the next GD solo tour since at that point it’ll have been over ten years since the last live album. 

They did this on the RevRad tour? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember seeing camcorder setups on the stage at any of the shows I saw.

4 hours ago, 2klightyrsaway said:

Well tbh I think that time is over. To me, the live stream of Reading 2013 or Global Citizen 2017 have a better sound quality than some songs on Awesome as Fuck.

The professional cameras are probably for the giant video screens. I’m sure they are recording every show though. 

• Like 3

240310553_2736885586601655_8443054845644

239555445_2736886589934888_7059699922954

hotmessvodkamom

Scored an invite to the Hella Mega Tour concert (Weezer, Green Day, Fall Out Boy) and we had the best seats, access, and time!! A little rain never hurt anyone and only added to the fun. Many pictures have been stored deep in the archives to protect the not so innocent. #hellamegatour #enjoyingmylife #scoreofalifetime

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS2RmvrFnR7/

It’s probably been mentioned and I just missed it, but who’s behind the Kiss mask?  Thanks. 

59 minutes ago, desertrose said:

240310553_2736885586601655_8443054845644

239555445_2736886589934888_7059699922954A little rain never hurt anyone and only added to the fun.

Is there a day this tour where it HASN'T rained?! (And I don't count Detroit because I hear there was enough sweat to basically make look as if you were rained on. :lol:)

34 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

It’s probably been mentioned and I just missed it, but who’s behind the Kiss mask?  Thanks. 

I haven't seen it definitively answered yet, but my guess is Chris Dugan.  He was wearing the same black shirt at Wrigley.  And it has to be someone with no lower arm tattoos, but an upper inner left one, which matches with him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I haven't seen it definitively answered yet, but my guess is Chris Dugan.  He was wearing the same black shirt at Wrigley.  And it has to be someone with no lower arm tattoos, but an upper inner left one, which matches with him.

Thanks. I love how your detective mind works. 😀

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Is there a day this tour where it HASN'T rained?! (And I don't count Detroit because I hear there was enough sweat to basically make look as if you were rained on. :lol:)

No rain in New York...weather was gorgeous!

41 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

According to someone on reddit apparently one of Green Day’s crew was critically injured during load out yesterday in a forklift accident?  It doesn’t say who but the person was told it was a tour photographer and he may not make it. It’s not Greg because he posted stories today, so he’s fine. I’m wondering about Jake Chamseddine. He hasn’t posted to IG in three days (his last tweet was yesterday afternoon before the show). I also just noticed that Hella Mega accounts haven’t posted anything since the Philly show. Nothing from today. 

If anyone hears any more info on this please post. 

The photo that Jason Freese posted from the show was from a photographer called @marckantorsir on Instagram. The photo was taken from the back of the stage so he was also around. Not sure how many photographers would be backstage. Surely not many.

Sincerely hope whoever it is pulls through 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Squashie said:

The professional cameras are probably for the giant video screens. I’m sure they are recording every show though. 

Jason White said in an interview that they record everything since the RevRad tour, even rehearsals sometimes

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Still hoping for some word about Jake. Sara just posted photos from her professional account for Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS4cMetrdU5/?utm_medium=copy_link

I saw that. Surely she wouldn't be posting them if another photographer wasn't OK. Would be kind of tone deaf

5 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I just wondered if the band hadn't posted until they knew whoever was hurt was OK but maybe that isn't the case. What do I know? 

Hope so but in the meantime this isn’t public and I’ve seen people posting in the Hella Mega Facebook group wondering where the Philly photos are. She’s not taking over the Hella Mega account (they may still be deciding how and when to post next) but she is helping out by posting some professional shots.

• Like 2

Presumably if this has happened and it is Jake Hella Mega and the bands will post a statement sooner or later as he was photographer for the tour

Some of the photos Kevin has posted are recycled 

• Like 1

One!   Twenty One So-ongs. 

Leave out your deep ones.  

Bask in the light  

One!  Twenty one so-ongs.  

Hella Mega's Cool

It's the same every night  

ONE!

Twenty One So-ongs!  

Did you try to play the trilogy?

But they booed you off of the stage 

did you puke too close to pukey

Like a unicorn stabbing someone....in the heart.....

• Like 2