Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

50 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The main difference is higher vaccination rates here I think and more of the shots that provide better protection from the variants so more mild cases I guess.

Maybe you have higher vaccination rates among young people??? Looking at the general numbers, USA is at around 50%, which is the same as most of the EU, but maybe “our” 50% comes from a different demographic.

52 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I am so glad you guys got caught up! England seems to be having a lot more infection than we are though (I don't have exact numbers, but it looks bad). Maybe an issue with the Astra Zeneca vaccine not holding up as well against this Delta variant?

That certainly is the issue for the UK, other countries not so much because the UK bought up most of Astra Zeneca before anyone else could use it and later    the use was limited by the concerns about side effects.

• Like 1

So did anyone hear anything about how the process of queuing before the show went? Curious if there will be crazy lines early in the morning like for tours of the past, given the added variables of FOB and Weezer fans, the extreme heat and the weirdness of COVID. My body ain’t what it used to be but I’m still hoping for a decent spot tomorrow night.

I feel like there will have to be multiple gates for pit entry, which always makes everything chaotic. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

So did anyone hear anything about how the process of queuing before the show went? Curious if there will be crazy lines early in the morning like for tours of the past, given the added variables of FOB and Weezer fans, the extreme heat and the weirdness of COVID. My body ain’t what it used to be but I’m still hoping for a decent spot tomorrow night.

I feel like there will have to be multiple gates for pit entry, which always makes everything chaotic. 

I saw a short video (I think GD or someone within the crew) posted of fans entering the stadium and it looked very orderly. I would imagine for these stadiums that the floor ticket lines are marked for queuing, but I honestly don't know. If you have instagram, you cold try messaging punk_relief or mandy_rose, as they had pit tickets and queued.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Maybe you have higher vaccination rates among young people??? Looking at the general numbers, USA is at around 50%, which is the same as most of the EU, but maybe “our” 50% comes from a different demographic.

That certainly is the issue for the UK, other countries not so much because the UK bought up most of Astra Zeneca before anyone else could use it and later    the use was limited by the concerns about side effects.

Actually, it seems to be lagging with young people in the U.S. Each state did it a little differently, but most prioritized older people at the beginning, and the shot took months to reach younger people. It makes sense because older people are more likely to get seriously ill, but in the meantime young people were still spreading it around. Also there was this very weird morality going on in the beginning that you were a bad person if you pushing to get a shot "before your turn." Like doctors lost their jobs for giving vaccines that were about to expire to "ineligible" people. I am all for prioritizing the most vulnerable and waiting one's turn, but a lot of people got sick and died and the virus continued to spread while politicians argued about who was "deserving" of a shot. They were so worried about not having enough vaccine, but instead we ended up with more vaccine than we know what to do with and a bunch of people who won't take it. And now they are mad about not enough young people being vaccinated. Well, you made them wait months for it and when they first became eligible it took weeks to get an appointment, so yeah, it's taking time to get caught up. And they had it so beat into their heads not to steal a shot from someone's grandma that now many are like, "I am young and healthy; I think I will just leave the shots for those who need them more than me." I mean, at this point everyone should understand that they should get vaccinated if they can, but I think you have to lay some blame on the early messaging for some of this problem too. 

On 7/25/2021 at 5:03 PM, DookieLukie said:

It's not even greatest hits; it's Dookie and AI. The idea that casual fans would lose interest if they put in a deep cut is silly. It's a concert. People won't leave if they throw in Sugar Youth or Scattered.

Not sure if this was a reply to me or not, but obviously no people won't leave because they played Scattered. However, it would probably kill a fair bit of the momentum if half the crowd doesn't know the song. It's a sad reality of being a fan of a big band, especially if they're on a big corporate style tour like this one. It just boils down to the context of the set, why would you play a cool old song that 10% of people there will go bananas to when you can play a hit that everyone will get off their seat to?

I'm not saying I like it, but it's the way it is. I'm a massive Foo Fighters fan and travel abroad to see them, they tend to drop in an oldie near the end of the set and aside from us on the barrier freaking out, nobody cares. The crowd goes from singing along and being amazed by Dave to thinking "when are they gonna play Everlong?". It's a cool thing to do for hardcore fans, if it was a solely Green Day tour I'd be disappointed as well, but the realities of putting on a stadium show mean it's not really an attractive thing for the band to do.

• Like 4

Totally agree, and I have been gigs where the band has started playing obscure stuff (to the casual concert goer) and the energy has totally gone and people have left!

• Like 2

Music: The Interrupters- she kerosene

Weezer- Beverly Hills

Weezer- All My Favorite Songs

Fall Out Boy- The Phoenix

Fall Out Boy- Sugar, We’re Goin Down

Fall Out Boy- Irresistible

Fall Out Boy- Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms

Fall Out Boy- (Light Em Up)

Fall Out Boy- Thnks fr the Mmrs

Fall Out Boy- Centuries

Green Day- American Idiot

Green Day- Holiday

Green Day- Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Green Day- Welcome to paradise

Green Day- Brain stew

Green Day- 21 Guns

Green Day- Basket Case

Green Day- Wake me up When September Ends

• Thanks 1

Only 25min for The Interrupters. It's a shame.
Give them 45 minutes MINIMUM!!

• Like 1

Green Day must be saving all the Trilogy and FOAM songs for when I finally make it to a show.   

And an encore that involves The Saints Are Coming played 15 times in the row.   

FINGERS CROSSED!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Herroon said:

haha I just got one of those typo shirts. "Green Bay" "Fell Out Boy" "Wheezer" "Hello Mega"... got the same "hello megan tour" note that's in the picture above too. fun stuff.

Lucky!

• Love 2

On 7/25/2021 at 8:07 PM, blueshadows said:

I sold my tickets to NYC directly on ticketmaster and they were sold in a couple of hours. It was very easy to do. They charge you fees, so I had to put the price I paid plus the fees they are charging me. Good luck!

Together, with TM fees, my 2 tickets were $316 and some change. They're 34 rows behind the pit on Jason's side. I know it's a 10% seller's fee on top of that.

Should I sell them for the price I paid with fees included, plus the cost of the seller's fees? Or the price before the TM fees?

I don't feel like I should go higher than the $316 because I really don't want to feel like I'm scalping.

It's the Hershey show if that makes a difference on how quick they'll likely sell.

• Like 1

FYI anyone coming to the San Francisco concert, if you plan on going into any bars in San Francisco, you have to be fully vaccinated and show your ID and vaccine card. New rules in effect as of today 7/26.  Not vaccinated or negative covid test, no entry.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/san-francisco-bars-to-require-vaccine-proof-negative-covid-19-tests-to-drink-inside/ar-AAMAD01?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

Together, with TM fees, my 2 tickets were $316 and some change. They're 34 rows behind the pit on Jason's side. I know it's a 10% seller's fee on top of that.

Should I sell them for the price I paid with fees included, plus the cost of the seller's fees? Or the price before the TM fees?

I don't feel like I should go higher than the $316 because I really don't want to feel like I'm scalping.

It's the Hershey show if that makes a difference on how quick they'll likely sell.

Of course the price you put is really your choice 🙂. For my pit tickets, I priced it just so I can get back exactly what I paid when I bought them initially. So unfortunately it means the buyer is covering for the fees I am charged. It still ended being much considerably cheaper than the rest of the pit tickets being offered for my show since they were all resale or platinum.. honestly I don’t feel like I am scalping, since I’m not getting anything from it. I tried getting a refund but was told it was past the limit.

i would suggest you look at prices of tickets that are close to your seat(s), it gives you an idea how how easy yours will sell with the price you want. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I love that they played Still Breathing, I had always hoped they would bring it back but expected they wouldn't. 😭 After Billie was mocking the song in an interview I thought they'd never play it live again, but I love that they changed their mind and I hope it'll stay in the set for us in Europe next year.

What did he do to make fun of it? I hadn't heard about this

• Like 1