Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

1 hour ago, desertrose said:

there is a couple of videos posted over in the tour thread with the complete show and you can see Pollyanna

link please?  Was searching for it and well.... I'm an idiot 🙈 or blind... I can't tell.

5 minutes ago, HoneyEmerald said:

link please?  Was searching for it and well.... I'm an idiot 🙈 or blind... I can't tell.

It’s here:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Billie may forget his lyrics occasionally, but at least he hasn’t reached this level of forgetfulness (left side of pic peep the teleprompter for Patrick):

d38955c714b67efc720a3df1018ecd1becc8a15a

To be totally fair, a lot of bands have prompters.

Even Metallica use prompters

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 6:43 AM, desertrose said:

After watching this show, and remembering the show I went to at the Oakland Coliseum in 2017, there was so much more energy then. I did not feel it with this, seemed rushed and not much engaging with the crowd. IMO.   I don't feel that I am missing anything not going in Aug when they play in San Francisco

Anyway, I am just waiting for a Green Day tour in the arenas again.  I just don't care for Weezer or Fallout Boy.  For all those going, I hope you have a great time.

I know what you mean. I love GD and I really miss seeing them live but don't really feel I'm going to miss much by not going this tour (which is good because as it happens I'm too sick to go anyway and had my tickets refunded first time it was all postponed). I preferred the setlist at the Tulsa show but I understand why they're only playing the hits this tour. 

Like you I'm not really bothered about Weezer and FOB either but hope everyone going has a really great time (and I'll be watching these boards closely for info on what's going on!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slave To The Network said:

How confident are we that they will do a smaller, exclusively Green Day tour any time soon after this?

I'm getting more a more worried about my show. I've got a pit ticket because I've never seen a GD concert from the pit, but maybe it was a bad idea to do this as my first GD pit show. I can mildly enjoy Weezer and FOB, but I really am not looking forward to sitting through their sets before GD. I have chronic back pain that I haven't been able to find a solution to for like two years now and I'm scared the length of the show is going to be really really bad for it since I will have to stand the whole time. Maybe I should just sell my ticket and try to find a seat? I'm just concerned that there won't be any good ones left except for ridiculously outrageous prices.

Hope you manage to sort something out and so sorry to hear your back is still bothering you. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, michael1989 said:

Are the only announced dates these US ones that run though until September and the Europe ones, Summer 2022?

Appears to be. Not sure whatever happened to Asia.

Found video of whole show. 

10 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Billie mentioned once he might need one at some point but I think it would be hard for him because he moves around too much when he performs.  You don’t want to interfere with his ability to do that

Most artists who have a teleprompter aren't looking at it all the time, it's just there for them to make sure they're starting the correct verse and such.

• Like 2

After watching and listening to this whole show, it was absolutely amazing. No one can say they aren't still on top of their game. It's so good just to see how happy they all are being able to do what they love again. The way Billie kept shouting out his appreciation for Mike was adorable. In this context and for the mood they were trying to set, I think the KISS cover actually worked. Also, if they are going to do unexpected covers now, maybe there is still hope for Mambo No. 5 and WAP. 🤣They certainly packed a lot into 90 minutes but this was not at all rushed and we still got great commentary from Billie. I think this was paced very well. My only complaint is the lack of masturbation in Hitchin' a Ride. 🤣I really hope this does result in another live album or documentary. If they keep performing at this level they could probably make another BIAB.

13 hours ago, HoneyEmerald said:

I’m so pumped for the show in Denver next month. Not a better way to spend a birthday.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I checked the vaccination rates for Europe and the US and we’re pretty much on the same numbers so boo @ anyone who makes the regulations here.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I checked the vaccination rates for Europe and the US and we’re pretty much on the same numbers so boo @ anyone who makes the regulations here.

The main difference is higher vaccination rates here I think and more of the shots that provide better protection from the variants so more mild cases I guess.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I am so glad you guys got caught up! England seems to be having a lot more infection than we are though (I don't have exact numbers, but it looks bad). Maybe an issue with the Astra Zeneca vaccine not holding up as well against this Delta variant?

I haven’t seen Brain Stew live and it might be nice to see Pollyanna so maybe I will buy a ticket after all. Here’s hoping I get lucky like last time and a pit ticket in DC opens up. 

• Like 4