Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

9 minutes ago, 2klightyrsaway said:

I'd argue there's already a lot of crossover between Green Day and Weezer fans. Fall Out Boy's base seems to be much younger though so I think this is a good point.

And then you see these excited kids saying “I’ve been a hardcore Green Day fan since 2019!” Like that’s a long time… ❤️ so good ❤️ a band that keeps their appeal and keeps things interesting ❤️ 

I love Green Day so much! ❤️ lol 😆 but I do! ❤️ and they are greater than ever… how do they do that?? Also p.s. good looking and that part keeps getting better too… how do they do that??

They're amazing. Drinking from the fountain of youth and too much wine driving the guy with the great lyrical ability insane. Good stuff.

I am biased as a Green Day forever fan but I would argue this tour is crossover city all across the board and I love it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

This is literally almost as perfect of a set they could play with a timeslot that's nearly half of what they normally play, you guys complain way too much. If I wanted to introduce somebody that had never heard Green Day to the band this is pretty similar to the playlist I would put together to show them 

The GDC is complainers central. It’s kinda good because at least it means we care. I like that.

But also I agree about the set.

I think it was pretty much perfect for this tour and what it is. Plus, the show was amazing. Couldn’t ask for more without seeming impractical or too picky.

• Love 1

After Hella Mega last night, I am bummed that I am not going to anymore dates for this show. Fingers crossed they will announce their own headlining tour after this tour wraps but I’m thinking that’s doubtful since they played zero FOA. 

• Like 1

Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy Launch ‘Hella Mega’ With Epic, Emotional Dallas Concert
“Take a look around you,” Billie Joe Armstrong said. “This is human contact. We cannot be locked up anymore. We need to be together.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-live-reviews/green-day-weezer-fall-out-boy-hella-mega-tour-dallas-review-1201871/

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy Launch ‘Hella Mega’ With Epic, Emotional Dallas Concert
“Take a look around you,” Billie Joe Armstrong said. “This is human contact. We cannot be locked up anymore. We need to be together.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-live-reviews/green-day-weezer-fall-out-boy-hella-mega-tour-dallas-review-1201871/

In the Facebook comments section of the article you posted, some are calling the event a super spreader. Not a good look for our boys. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158237481175779&id=10664530778

• Like 4

Regarding the setlist, Hella Mega is pretty much like a mini festival (thousands of different People with diverse musical taste) At european festivals They always play some deep cuts so I dont see the point on why They shouldnt play a couple of them during HM

14 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

There's no vaccine or mask requirement for these shows. If you put upwards of 25,000 indoors then yeah you are likely to see it become a super spreader especially with cases and hospitalizations rising across the US due to the Delta variant. Obviously nobody has to attend this so people have to decide if it's worth the risk. 

I wish there was at least a mask requirement if there wasn’t a vaccine required. Some people fully vaccinated at the concert last night still chose to wear masks and I am glad. I’m hoping for the best and assuming that only vaccinated asymptomatic people would want to attend an event like this. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I wish there was at least a mask requirement if there wasn’t a vaccine required. Some people fully vaccinated at the concert last night still chose to wear masks and I am glad.

I know Live Nation runs the show but Green Day are big enough that they could have asked for vax/mask requirements at their shows. They are millionaires fifty times over and are a proven draw with pull. Yes that would have excluded some fans that can't get the shot but overall it would be a safer experience. 

1 hour ago, Minority103 said:

4-EA50799-FBD7-462-F-B29-D-6-EE768-A50-A

The first photo is a lot. 

Natalie Perez for Rolling Stone 

Also interesting in the top shot, the font for "Green Day" seems to be in the 21CB style?

Agreed. The world can't stop for these people anymore. And it's about a lot more than being inconvenienced at a concert. The covid lockdown measures, while necessary, caused a lot more issues (mental health crises, substance abuse, domestic violence, people on the economic edge getting pushed over, kids unable to access education, etc.). Yes a vax or mask requirement may be ideal in this situation, but it is very hard to enforce, and people who have done everything right should be able to move on with their lives and not have to be punished because of people who won't. I honestly don't care what happens to the people who make a conscious choice not to get vaxxed at this point; I am concerned about their ability to spread to people who can't be vaxxed and how they are creating mutant strains that are breaking through the vaccine. 

I mean…at this point I don’t know what else you can do.  That ballpark was at full capacity in April for the Rangers home opener, so…no event is ever going to be 100% virus-free ever again. Kind of a risk with whatever you choose to do nowadays. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I mean…at this point I don’t know what else you can do.  That ballpark was at full capacity in April for the Rangers home opener, so…no event is ever going to be 100% virus-free ever again. Kind of a risk with whatever you choose to do nowadays. 

Yeah, this is far from the first or only large event going on. Events have largely been "back to normal" in the U.S. since the spring.

The numbers for COVID are the absolute worst in the country in Florida right now. I don't know what's going on there, but it probably has to do with bars and nightlife. That's the state I'm concerned about with shows coming up soon there. 

Just now, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

The numbers for COVID are the absolute worst in the country in Florida right now. I don't know what's going on there, but it probably has to do with bars and nightlife. That's the state I'm concerned about with shows coming up soon there. 

It has to do with an under 50% vaccination rate. Same in Texas, which is also having an outbreak. Cases are up where vaccination is low. 

10 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

It has to do with an under 50% vaccination rate. Same in Texas, which is also having an outbreak. Cases are up where vaccination is low. 

Oh I know. But Florida is by far #1 on the list of states with an uptick currently and there are states with lower Vax rates. So I feel like there have to be other factors 

2 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

Oh I know. But Florida is by far #1 on the list of states with an uptick currently and there are states with lower Vax rates. So I feel like there have to be other factors 

Well, if you have a bunch of unvaccinated people partying, then yeah, it probably will get worse. They had a big problem down there with spring break before the vaccine was widely available, especially to younger people.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think people are losing their patience over inconveniencing themselves for people who choose not to get a vaccine.  At this point it's a choice.

I agree, but in my case, I'll probably have to sell my tickets since my partner and their mom both want me to, since I live with them and there are two kids that live here that can't get the vaccine yet.

I would take the risk, mask up, and then stay somewhere else for two weeks or so once coming back to town, but they don't want that.

And now I'm going to have to either try and sell these tickets (which I doubt I can, even if they are pretty close seats), or hope it gets delayed again.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

I agree, but in my case, I'll probably have to sell my tickets since my partner and their mom both want me to, since I live with them and there are two kids that live here that can't get the vaccine yet.

I would take the risk, mask up, and then stay somewhere else for two weeks or so once coming back to town, but they don't want that.

And now I'm going to have to either try and sell these tickets (which I doubt I can, even if they are pretty close seats), or hope it gets delayed again.

I sold my tickets to NYC directly on ticketmaster and they were sold in a couple of hours. It was very easy to do. They charge you fees, so I had to put the price I paid plus the fees they are charging me. Good luck!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, legendary said:

Have someone found Pollyanna performance? 

there is a couple of videos posted over in the tour thread with the complete show and you can see Pollyanna

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, blueshadows said:

I sold my tickets to NYC directly on ticketmaster and they were sold in a couple of hours. It was very easy to do. They charge you fees, so I had to put the price I paid plus the fees they are charging me. Good luck!

Thank you! Their mom even went to extra mile and said she's pay the amount of the fees back to me (and the amount of the fees from when I bought them if they sell for a bit less, since the fees added up to like $70 or more).

I understand the concern completely. It just sucks that it's THIS tour that I have to do this with... I've seen Green Day before, but I really want to see Weezer when they're still performing stuff from OK Human and Van Weezer, since they'll probably discard those songs next album cycle anyway. And I want to hear FOB's pre-hiatus stuff, especially since they're playing Sixteen Candles for the first time in years and that's one of my favorites...

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

You don't and won't know those numbers. They fired a scientist for reporting true covid data. So whatever they say the Covid numbers are,they are probably worse. Unlike the Motley /Lep tour that postponed til 2022, GD felt safe enough to proceed. Hopefully all involved are safe. 

• Like 2