Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

I wonder if the winter leg in indoor stadiums (which are usually smaller) will be solo Green Day, but the summer leg with be GD/Weezer/FOB since GD didn't sell well in their summer stadium tour last album.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Asa. said:

If they brought this tour to KC, it would easily sell out the Sprint Center though. 

Those 3 bands together, absolutely.

@pacejunkie punk i want a club show. I’ve only seen GD in an arena. Both times were epic,, but I want to experience the smallness with GD. I saw MCR at a small theater in KC in 2008 and it was so special and a memory i will always cherish. I was in the pit for that one. 

Just now, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Seriously...you called green day greedy cunts and are spouting shit about FOB. Grow up dude. 

Oh that? I was just stating facts.

Btw, you called me childish several times and constantly attack me for stating my opinions. We don't have to agree, but we still can be civil. You're not going to get the reaction you want out of me. Thanks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yes I remember reading about that. That's why this seems so unnecessary. I would understand the need to do it if they were in dire straits.

Could be a change of pace for a run of the album cycle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Seriously...you called green day greedy cunts and are spouting shit about FOB. Grow up dude. 

When I asked you guys to move the discussion here, I didn’t mean to continue arguing and being rude to each other. 

Be civil or cut it out. You’ve already been asked a few times now. The next will be a formal verbal warning. This goes for all of you. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Oh that? I was just stating facts.

I mean it's not really stating facts for calling them greedy cunts for a tour that hasn't even been announced yet

14 minutes ago, DrBare said:

I reckon tickets will be £70 for general standing, definitely the possibility that the front section will be VIP costing £100+ 

The things I dont like

This is my concern

but I assume these won't be the only shows. for revrad they came to the UK twice and played like one or two festivals. I reckon after this stadium tour, they will do their normal types. o2 and what not. this will hopefully be cheaper as well. 

Not sure what festivals, but there won't be many that will turn them down. 

I think I saw someone post that it doesn't exsist, that the password thing is fake.

however

if its not, its easily brute forced as there aren't any limits or captchas (a simple program which automatically inputs a password and trys - doing a ton of attempts every second untill it gets it. 

That isn't a too bad price

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

See this is just the kind of show where I wouldn’t want to be in the pit. I only want to get up close and personal with other GD fans at a show, it adds to the energy. If I have Weezer and FOB fans all around me grumbling and talking through my show it will suck, and same for them when it’s their turn. 

You have a point 😧

Again, these are 3 bands that have struggled to sell out summer arenas alone. Makes sense to bunch them up. GD isn't exactly getting more popular, Weezer has some good new albums but have popularity due to covers, and people generally hate FOB. Makes sense to combine them for bigger summer arenas.

2 minutes ago, Motoko Kusanagi said:

hopefully it's just america that gets this 3 band tour ....

That's already a rumored show in France that's maybe going to happen next summer

Probably will do a number of really big shows at really big venues...I don't think they will play this 3 band tour at every stop they go to...seems expensive and complicated to organize

• Like 1

No way I have time to keep up with all this but I cant believe we won’t get a massively reduced set from GD.  If they are excited about it then fine, I can see they might be but it would mean going to London for me at about £1000 layout, assuming similar ticket prices to GD and I don’t see me doing that for a shortened show so whatever this turns out to be, I still want a GD tour.  It could be fun to  see though and I would love to know who came up with this, I’m really beginning to hate Crush but will just have to wait and see what happens in reality.  

• Like 2

This tour will be fairly big I expect.  Remember, forums like this are a minority.   Everyone here could boycott the tour and it wouldn't even be a blip on the sales.    

Plus there's probably a fairly decent crossover of Weezer and Green Day fans considering they were both hugely popular in the 90s/early 2000s.     

Edited by Misery11
  • Like 3

I don't think this tour will come to South America because Weezer is already coming this month with Foo Fighters and Tenacious D (I'm bummed I can't attend this tour).

I don't see Green Day performing more than two hours if this turns to be true. 

At this point, anything is welcome (except if I can't pay for it :lol:

38 minutes ago, DrBare said:

I reckon tickets will be £70 for general standing, definitely the possibility that the front section will be VIP costing £100+ 

That would really surprise me, GD on their own were £70 general admission at the O2 on the last tour. For a co-headline tour with three bands of their size I can easily see general tickets being £100.

Doing math, if tickets are 50 USD per person, there would be me and my dad, so 100 USD so far. If I brought drinks I could save a decent amount. And if I wanted to meet them.... hmmm🤔 if someone could find out how much  good seats and VIP passes or whatever y’all call them that would be great. *Math noises*

(5 hours later)

I have come to the conclusion that I need to invest in stocks. Apple or Amazon? What a question to ponder.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I mean it's not really stating facts for calling them greedy cunts for a tour that hasn't even been announced yet

To be fair that was an obviously tongue in cheek choice of phrase (to my eyes at least)

Honestly I'll be happy for anyone who's into this idea and gets to go and enjoys it. I'll just hold out hope for a regular arena show. Just told my sister who I always go with about all this and she shares my opinion 100% haha, so we'll hope together.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

That isn't a too bad price

Stll more than I can afford

5 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

I don't think this tour will come to South America because Weezer is already coming this month with Foo Fighters and Tenacious D (I'm bummed I can't attend this tour).

That sounds like an epic tour. I'm guessing the GD tour would be about the same price then?

Just now, Libertine Angel said:

That would really surprise me, GD on their own were £70 general admission at the O2 on the last tour. For a co-headline tour with three bands of their size I can easily see general tickets being £100.

Were they? I thought they were cheaper? 

the BST hyde park thing was £60 I believe. 

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy