Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

14 minutes ago, jengd said:

I am little concerned that we have competing fandoms at these concerts so hoping everyone is just there to have a good time and that folk recognise its fair to let Weezer fans to the front for their set, then they move back but sure there will be some selfish bastards who won't play along.  I guess if they start well, it will set the tone so fingers crossed for happy concerts!

I might do this by stepping out during FOB and taking a break and others may do the same thing when it’s not their favorite band. Everyone has to get through a lot of hours and will strategize according to who they most want to see.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

There's pre-sales tomorrow, right? How do we get these codes? Help meeeee 

Live Nation has a pre-sale tomorrow and you'll get the code if you sign up for their mailing list. (I could also DM you the code I got from them ;) )

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Live Nation has a pre-sale tomorrow and you'll get the code if you sign up for their mailing list. (I could also DM you the code I got from them ;) )

That would certainly save me a lot of effort ;)

55 minutes ago, jengd said:

I am little concerned that we have competing fandoms at these concerts so hoping everyone is just there to have a good time and that folk recognise its fair to let Weezer fans to the front for their set, then they move back but sure there will be some selfish bastards who won't play along.  I guess if they start well, it will set the tone so fingers crossed for happy concerts!

What if someone is a big fan of all three? My girlfriend is a big Fall Out Boy fan, and I like them, and I'm a huge Weezer fan, but we're both mainly there for Green Day. Would it be fair to try and stay at the front, or wait for Green Day's set?

21 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Question: Live Nation has 2 different presales: app and website. I think Ticketmaster has the same. SiriusXM also has one. What would give me my best chance at getting better (hopefully pit) tickets?

1 hour ago, Meliciraptor said:

This is not true. I've talked about it with people from the industry (management / PR) and according to them, the argument that the bands don't control this, is just untrue. They've actually been really angry about these type of VIP packages and their reaction to this particular one was: "every band on that bill is now officially “a f***ing disgrace". There are many other bands that manage to find other ways to make money and honestly, we aren't talking about an underground hardcore band who barely manages to earn their living but about a popular mainstream band who has sold a ton of records and tickets already. 

I know they’ve made their name and all that but that doesn’t mean they should hand stuff out to everyone, if people wanna kick off then fair enough, it still won’t change 😂  You’d have to be a proper softie to care about this sort of shit, if people can afford it they’ll pay, if they can’t then it’s tough. It’s not hard to grasp 🤙🏻

7 minutes ago, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

What if someone is a big fan of all three? My girlfriend is a big Fall Out Boy fan, and I like them, and I'm a huge Weezer fan, but we're both mainly there for Green Day. Would it be fair to try and stay at the front, or wait for Green Day's set?

Question: Live Nation has 2 different presales: app and website. I think Ticketmaster has the same. SiriusXM also has one. What would give me my best chance at getting better (hopefully pit) tickets?

I'm honestly not sure. I would try any and all pre-sales I could. I typically stick with Live Nation since I'm signed up for them and have an account with them - it's a bit easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I'll be there for all 4 bands. 
Yes Green Day is my main reason. But no way I'm giving my place on the gate 😂

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

Of course, there will be folk who can’t believe this line up, it will be their dream come true so fine, but I suspect the majority will have one band they prefer and I just hope we can all play nicely 😄

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I'm honestly not sure. I would try any and all pre-sales I could. I typically stick with Live Nation since I'm signed up for them and have an account with them - it's a bit easier.

I'm worried that one might sell out faster before I check it, or that one has better tickets than the others. I know I'm going to have to just try and do this stuff as fast as I can though and hope it works out. Tickets should be the same price they were the other day (other than the Platinum Tickets) correct?

1 hour ago, Khaleesi. said:

There's pre-sales tomorrow, right? How do we get these codes? Help meeeee 

I buy ticket yesterday. My code is fatherofall

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

I'm worried that one might sell out faster before I check it, or that one has better tickets than the others. I know I'm going to have to just try and do this stuff as fast as I can though and hope it works out. Tickets should be the same price they were the other day (other than the Platinum Tickets) correct?

Yeah they should all be the same price and I think they'll all have the same amount tickets. 

• Like 1

These prices are out of whack.  I understand that there are three bands and they all need to get paid. But the VIP are outrageous.  the prices change as demand goes up, so today in San Francisco  it it is $59.50 for a upper level ticket today and tomorrow might be $89.50.  I got upper level in a box seating area, nobody behind me to spill beer on me,I hate that!  So I paid less so I have some money left for a T-shirt!  But just sitting down close to the field if you want the first 10 rows of any of those side sections they are charging $329.50.  So you sit up like at Row 37 in the lower level and you are paying like $139.50. Not including fees.  Crazy.  Mind you watching from a baseball stadium is not fun anyway, no seat is a good seat unless you pay $750.00 for a field seat.  You end up watching a huge screen where ever you sit. I know from Oakland the field is too big and the seats are so far away from center field.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, desertrose said:

These prices are out of whack.  I understand that there are three bands and they all need to get paid. But the VIP are outrageous.  the prices change as demand goes up, so today in San Francisco  it it is $59.50 for a upper level ticket today and tomorrow might be $89.50.  I got upper level in a box seating area, nobody behind me to spill beer on me,I hate that!  So I paid less so I have some money left for a T-shirt!  But just sitting down close to the field if you want the first 10 rows of any of those side sections they are charging $329.50.  So you sit up like at Row 37 in the lower level and you are paying like $139.50. Not including fees.  Crazy.  Mind you watching from a baseball stadium is not fun anyway, no seat is a good seat unless you pay $750.00 for a field seat.  You end up watching a huge screen where ever you sit. I know from Oakland the field is too big and the seats are so far away from center field.

This is exactly why I skipped buying tickets. I knew it would be more expensive because they're playing stadiums and it's 3 headliners, but wow didn't expect it to be so much. I have no interest in seeing them in a baseball field for the reasons you've said. It's going to be uncomfortable and I really don't want to stare at screens the whole time. If tickets get cheaper or I somehow win a contest, sure I'll go. But these prices and the fact I don't want to see most of the bands made me pass on this tour. 

(I still might show up to Wrigley to buy merch >_>)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

This is exactly why I skipped buying tickets. I knew it would be more expensive because they're playing stadiums and it's 3 headliners, but wow didn't expect it to be so much. I have no interest in seeing them in a baseball field for the reasons you've said. It's going to be uncomfortable and I really don't want to stare at screens the whole time. If tickets get cheaper or I somehow win a contest, sure I'll go. But these prices and the fact I don't want to see most of the bands made me pass on this tour. 

(I still might show up to Wrigley to buy merch >_>)

Yes my thoughts too, I wasn't going to buy tickets either, hubby did anyway,he got the cheaper seats, for the exact reason you mentioned as we are looking at screens, and I am still hoping that they to do an Arena tour after all this blows over.  I want to see them in Oakland again. With one opening act.

• Like 1

Just now, desertrose said:

Yes my thoughts too, I wasn't going to buy tickets either, hubby did anyway, and I am still hoping that they to do an Arena tour after all this blows over.  I want to see them in Oakland again. With one opening act.

How sweet! Hope you have a good time! But yeah, I'm really hoping for an arena tour. A club tour would be amazing, but I doubt that'll happen for a while.

1 minute ago, desertrose said:

I don’t know at least with the presale I got 12 rows back in my section on the field center left for 179 plus fees (about $204 total).  And i got four together. Granted there wasn’t a lot of choice that wasn’t AmEx or VIP but it was there. It’s likely since then the prices have gone up with scarcity and demand. That’s economics.

@Beerjeezus posted an interesting article about this whole crazy system:

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/live-event-ticket-market-screwed/

My takeaway is the artist needs a higher guarantee to make up for the lost revenue in music sales and the increased cost of touring an enormous show (including management fees, crew costs etc.) Once that price is set, the promoter, venue and ticket sellers all calculate what they need to charge the public so that everyone can make some money.  And then that price is artificially deflated so the artist isn’t seen to be gouging their fans and they make up for it with fees, dynamic pricing, VIPs and participating in the secondary market too. They are willing to look like the bad guy so the artist doesn’t.  The secondary market is proof that people are willing to pay more, but Ticketmaster does it this way rather than charge those prices.

It was suggested they could easily kill the resale market by banning resale and requiring ID at the box office to pick up your tickets. They did this on the Longshot tour and it worked really well. Tickets were $25 and no gouging. But keep in mind, the band had to make almost no money. The only way he was able to do this is because revenue from Green Day basically finances his side projects. He has to make money somehow. Green Day is the cash cow and it enables him to still play clubs and do all those other things that fans love where he doesn’t make money.  He couldn’t do this with Green Day and the industry would have a hard time doing this on a larger scale and still afford to put on a show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think it would be possible to prevent scalping and the industry would survive. Likely tickets would be a little more expensive on the average, but likely less expensive than they are scalped.

I agree that Green Day obviously heals the Longshot expenses, but they're being a little too obvious about it with this tour.

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think it would be possible to prevent scalping and the industry would survive. Likely tickets would be a little more expensive on the average, but likely less expensive than they are scalped.

I agree that Green Day obviously heals the Longshot expenses, but they're being a little too obvious about it with this tour.

Maybe they’re thinking long term and knowing that if they leave Warner and decide to tour on a smaller scale in the future they’ll need a kitty to drawn on.  They wanted to do a stadium tour and it’s probably their best and last shot at making serious bank to finance much of the rest of their career.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Maybe they’re thinking long term and knowing that if they leave Warner and decide to tour on a smaller scale in the future they’ll need a kitty to drawn on.  They wanted to do a stadium tour and it’s probably their best and last shot at making serious bank to finance much of the rest of their career.

Yeah, that might be it and I honestly hope so because that's the only honorable excuse they have for this.

I just used the live chat feature on Ticketmaster and asked them about the selling policy and they said there is no resale for this event (Hella Mega Tour - Hershey).

So now I'm not sure if I'll legally be able to sell them. Maybe I should just stick with my Sec C tickets.

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Confession: I'm split between my desire to mosh and adoringly stare at Billie.

Stare always stare. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy