Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

That's enough time for a full set.

Yup!

assuming wheezer do 45 mins(ish)

thats enough for a full FoB set (just over an hour) and full Green Day!

• Like 4

So lets say it is 6pm to 11pm, what would we predict the set times to be? Purely for speculation :D

Factoring in a 15 to 30 minute changeover

10 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

So lets say it is 6pm to 11pm, what would we predict the set times to be? Purely for speculation :D

Factoring in a 15 to 30 minute changeover

As a fun guess

Weezer 6-6.45

FoB 7-7.45/8

GD 8.15 - 10.45 (maybe half 8 -10.45 with bunny and stuff)

1 hour ago, purplebenny said:

is that gates or show though?

Paris tickets have 6pm, but that's gates opening.. I though that might be show 

The tickets are not available yet. I just got an email saying I would get another email when tickets are available for download. However, usually, in the US, when they give a time it is when the show starts. A 3 hour time slot seems very short. For the US, it is actually 4 bands, The Interrupters are playing as well. 

When I looked up the tour I found this:

A total of 44 tour shows, played over five legs in 22 countries, have been announced. All three bands will perform at 29 shows, Green Day and Weezer will perform at an additional three, and Green Day alone will perform at an additional 12. The venues consist of indoor and outdoor arenas, exhibition halls, and other outdoor venues. The Interrupters will serve as the opening act during the North America leg of the tour.

Was anyone aware of this? Did anyone get tickets that just said Green Day or Green Day and Weezer?

Also, the Hella Mega Tour was advertised on the Howard Stern show today. 

1 minute ago, Adorkable said:

The tickets are not available yet. I just got an email saying I would get another email when tickets are available for download. However, usually, in the US, when they give a time it is when the show starts. A 3 hour time slot seems very short. For the US, it is actually 4 bands, The Interrupters are playing as well. 

When I looked up the tour I found this:

A total of 44 tour shows, played over five legs in 22 countries, have been announced. All three bands will perform at 29 shows, Green Day and Weezer will perform at an additional three, and Green Day alone will perform at an additional 12. The venues consist of indoor and outdoor arenas, exhibition halls, and other outdoor venues. The Interrupters will serve as the opening act during the North America leg of the tour.

Was anyone aware of this? Did anyone get tickets that just said Green Day or Green Day and Weezer?

Yup i clarified above :) venue got back to me, show starts at 6 not gates!

weezer and GD are the europe shows pre Paris

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

Yes, I am going to 3 shows, 1 GD only (Stockholm), 1 GD + Weezer (Milan), and 1 with whole Hella Mega thing (London) :D In all of them there should be additional supporting bands tho. 

I wonder what the special guests for the GD-only shows will be. I know I'm gonna get a lot of shit for saying this but honestly All Time Low could be cool if you ask me. Never seen them live and they've opened for Green Day before I think... What are your predictions? 

Buying a ticket using a webstore code on ticketmaster wasn't working, the queue seemed just too big (doesn't surprise me, as the first Hella Mega show!), even though I came at exactly 10 am, so I returned back to the page with the list of Europe+UK dates where you have the choice, for the pre sale access, between GD webstore, GD mailing list, and FOB+Weezer mailing list. And weird, but clicking on this last link brought me on ticketmaster where I was able to buy a ticket with no delay and no code at all :lol: I don't understand the shit but well, I could buy my ticket. i don't know if anyone has experienced that too, the link of FOB+Weezer showing no queue and working without the code

For those who bought a ticket for London, could you tell me what was the price for the pit? (I haven't read all the thread)

3 hours ago, Jorgemas said:

I bought tickets for helsinki and it say only green day with special guests. Fob and weezer? (((( and the sound in golden circle good? I worry i dont hear billie( thank you

I was in the golden circle for Muse at this venue and the sound was great! But yeah It does depend on the show. But sometimes the sound is even worse in the back so you never know basically. 😄

10 minutes ago, Joe K said:

I wonder what the special guests for the GD-only shows will be. I know I'm gonna get a lot of shit for saying this but honestly All Time Low could be cool if you ask me. Never seen them live and they've opened for Green Day before I think... What are your predictions? 

Uhm. I saw them once opening for Green Day, I think it was the 99 Revolutions tour, and I was not really impressed. But that’s just me. I would hope for another young Hellcat band, Rat boy or Grade 2 would be awesome. The interrupters did a great job in this sense, and since they’re still having them in the US it would make sense to do something similar in Europe with a british hellcat artist. But maybe I’m just dreaming :D  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J a c said:

Uhm. I saw them once opening for Green Day, I think it was the 99 Revolutions tour, and I was not really impressed. But that’s just me. I would hope for another young Hellcat band, Rat boy or Grade 2 would be awesome. The interrupters did a great job in this sense, and since they’re still having them in the US it would make sense to do something similar in Europe with a british hellcat artist. But maybe I’m just dreaming :D  

Oh I haven't heard of any of those bands before except for The Interrupters since I also saw them last tour. They were great though! But yeah I mean it wouldn't be the first time Green Day brought some smaller act with them on tour. Why not this time too? But then again they've advertised the warm up as special guests so I think that would refer to a bigger band. Man I just hope it's just something good. 

7 minutes ago, J a c said:

Also was it with All Time Low that you don't really dig their music or were they lacking live in some way. It would suck that if they werent that great live cause I mean I'd like to see them one day. I hate the feeling when a band that you like dissapoints you live...😔

11 minutes ago, J a c said:

looks like london is the only show getting a support too..

Dublin and Paris arent anyway, so it could be a local band

1 minute ago, Joe K said:

Also was it with All Time Low that you don't really dig their music or were they lacking live in some way. It would suck that if they werent that great live cause I mean I'd like to see them one day. I hate the feeling when a band that you like dissapoints you live...😔

I don’t really like them in general, and I thought they were nothing special live. But it was many years ago and they were opening GD, I might not be the most objective ear for this :D 

7 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Oh I haven't heard of any of those bands before except for The Interrupters since I also saw them last tour. 

You should check them out :) I saw Rat Boy in Copenhagen last May and the kid is an awesome performer, I would love to see him handling an arena. 

4 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

looks like london is the only show getting a support too..

Dublin and Paris arent anyway, so it could be a local band

All the other Green Day solo or + Weezer concerts will have a support, at least I’m sure Stockholm and Milan does. 

2 hours ago, Platypus2000 said:

To be fair, I don’t think they particularly enjoy charging that much, I just think they have little to no control over it. At the end of the day it’s not just them that need to make a living/earn money, I don’t think they make the prices up surrounding any of these type of things. It would also help if people actually bought music these days instead of steaming everything. I guarantee concert tickets, packages etc would be a lot cheaper if people bought physical. Touring is literally a bands only source of income. It’s just how it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is not true. I've talked about it with people from the industry (management / PR) and according to them, the argument that the bands don't control this, is just untrue. They've actually been really angry about these type of VIP packages and their reaction to this particular one was: "every band on that bill is now officially “a f***ing disgrace". There are many other bands that manage to find other ways to make money and honestly, we aren't talking about an underground hardcore band who barely manages to earn their living but about a popular mainstream band who has sold a ton of records and tickets already. 

• Like 2

We keep forgetting that they've been mainstream and big for the past 25 years. They're out of touch and we're naive if we think they care. However, I don't see the problem with VIPs. Just don't be a dumbass and don't buy them.

• Like 2

I think some of the debate about prices also depends on where you come from. VIP is always going to be expensive for this kind of show but thats why its VIP, its not exactly aimed at your average consumer. But the price of a general ticket varies massively depending on where you are. For example I don't see too many UK fans complaining about the price of the tickets over hear, but in the US it seems it's sooooo much more expensive. I don't know how prices are decided in each country and what laws dictate the prices, but I would guess its not entirely down to the band and their management. I can't see them alone deciding that a standing ticket in the UK should be £75 and the equivalent ticket in the US will cost over double, as it is in many cases it seems

18 minutes ago, Meliciraptor said:

This is not true. I've talked about it with people from the industry (management / PR) and according to them, the argument that the bands don't control this, is just untrue. They've actually been really angry about these type of VIP packages and their reaction to this particular one was: "every band on that bill is now officially “a f***ing disgrace". There are many other bands that manage to find other ways to make money and honestly, we aren't talking about an underground hardcore band who barely manages to earn their living but about a popular mainstream band who has sold a ton of records and tickets already. 

Honestly, I have almost always seen VIP tickets for stadium concerts or festivals. The prices are often like that, maybe the 500£ one is a bit extreme, but those 200 extra pounds add nothing to the ticket and takes nothing from you in terms of concert experience, if someone can and is willing to pay that amount of money for a backstage tour or some extra merchandise, good for him. 

2 hours ago, J a c said:

I always had great experiences at Green Day concerts, people are usually really nice and me and my friends, of any gender, never had issues. That said, if it’s only about the crowd pushing to get your spot, you can say something but do little to nothing to avoid that, it’s one of those things you have to take into account in such a big concert. But if someone is harassing you, that is different, tell the person to fuck off, or even better speak with the other people next to you, I am pretty sure the crowd will kick away the asshole for you. This is my personal advice, I saw something like that happening at other concerts (not Green Day, but that’s just my experience), and music crowds are nicer and more supportive than what you could expect, if something happens you are not alone, you are together with thousands of people. 

Thank youuuu

• Like 1

Are these Hella Mega packages with the merch and stuff the VIP tickets in some venues? In Vienna we have all these bundles and so on the one side, but as well they offer VIP-tickets in a certain area with snacks and drinks but without the merch 🤔

2 hours ago, J a c said:

I always had great experiences at Green Day concerts, people are usually really nice and me and my friends, of any gender, never had issues. That said, if it’s only about the crowd pushing to get your spot, you can say something but do little to nothing to avoid that, it’s one of those things you have to take into account in such a big concert. But if someone is harassing you, that is different, tell the person to fuck off, or even better speak with the other people next to you, I am pretty sure the crowd will kick away the asshole for you. This is my personal advice, I saw something like that happening at other concerts (not Green Day, but that’s just my experience), and music crowds are nicer and more supportive than what you could expect, if something happens you are not alone, you are together with thousands of people. 

I'll always remember the time my girlfriend got puched in the face by a guy during a Sum 41 show because she was trying to put her hand on the gate to survive the mushpit.
I don't even know if this guy is still alive. As soon as he punched her there was like 6 or 7 other guys that start punching him and beating the shit out of him (I was in there too).
I was like ''Hey thank you for backing me up guys!''

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I'll always remember the time my girlfriend got puched in the face by a guy during a Sum 41 show because she was trying to put her hand on the gate to survive the mushpit.
I don't even know if this guy is still alive. As soon as he punched her there was like 6 or 7 other guys that start punching him and beating the shit out of him (I was in there too).
I was like ''Hey thank you for backing me up guys!''

Wow that's extreme, never seen anything like that, I'm sorry you and your girlfriend had to experience it. The worst I saw is people not able to handle alcohol or drugs being assholes, which not always requires a public execution, but still in my experience the crowd always react in your defence.

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy