Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

15 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

So those of you who go standing, what tips do you have for staying hydrated during such a long show?

2 years ago I had with me like 3-4 juice box instead of a bottle of water
Never had problems with security 

15 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

So those of you who go standing, what tips do you have for staying hydrated during such a long show? 

We got near the front when we saw GD in Leeds in 2017, but not near enough that we could get cups of water from barrier staff, and two of us nearly fainted two hours into GD. I've got standing for Huddersfield and probably gonna queue early and not move once we get in. 

Have any tips? Its hard to sneak a bottle of water in

I can't take credit for this idea, but a friend of mine successfully smuggled a water bottle wrapped in a shirt. She put the whole thing to the bottom of her bag.

• Like 1

I bought tickets for helsinki and it say only green day with special guests. Fob and weezer? (((( and the sound in golden circle good? I worry i dont hear billie( thank you

24 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

I bought tickets for helsinki and it say only green day with special guests. Fob and weezer? (((( and the sound in golden circle good? I worry i dont hear billie( thank you

There’s no Fob and Weezer at the Helsinki concert, that date is part of the GD solo tour. Guests will be announced later on. 

The acoustic in the golden circle really depends on the venue and the stage/sound system. I have never been to the Helsinki arena, but I’m sure it will be good enough. Of course staying right in front of the stage can be exciting for other reasons, but it’s not the best from an acoustic perspective. I would stay inside the golden circle but towards the end of it, opposite side of the stage. You’ll also have less people pushing you to steal your spot, and avoid the moshing, in case you’re not a fan of it. 

• Like 1

Any one have any idea how long the sets will be?

sent an email to the Paris venue regarding times(trying to look at flights) who advised show will start at 8 and should finish around 11

"

Doors will open at 18h and the concert at 20h. We haven't got the time of the end of the concert.

We suppose around 23h."

3 hours ish for 3 bands.. weezer and FoB are gonna need to have tiny sets..

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

sent an email to the Paris venue regarding times(trying to look at flights) who advised show will start at 8 and should finish around 11

"

Doors will open at 18h and the concert at 20h. We haven't got the time of the end of the concert.

We suppose around 23h."

That seems awfully short. I have no idea of what the timeframe is, but I know that my show, in NY, starts at 5:30 PM

16 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

We got near the front when we saw GD in Leeds in 2017, but not near enough that we could get cups of water from barrier staff, and two of us nearly fainted two hours into GD. I've got standing for Huddersfield and probably gonna queue early and not move once we get in. 

Have any tips? Its hard to sneak a bottle of water in

I was 12 hours standing in front of stage waiting for Green Day at a festival.

I was able to smuggle a protein bar and energetic gels ussually used for training. It keeps you hydrated and gives you energy. They are small enough to smuggle ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

That seems awfully short. I have no idea of what the timeframe is, but I know that my show, in NY, starts at 5:30 PM

is that gates or show though?

Paris tickets have 6pm, but that's gates opening.. I though that might be show 

19 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

"

We suppose around 23h."

That seems way too short considering that there will be a fourth band playing. London should start at 4 pm for example. 

1 minute ago, J a c said:

That seems way too short considering that there will be a fourth band playing. London should start at 4 pm for example. 

There wont be a fourth band by the looks of it, just the 3 HellaMega bands 

Island open in london is 4, looks like stadium will be 5.

2 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

Island open? I am missing something here, is the stadium on an “island”? 😮 

1 minute ago, purplebenny said:

Yeah stadiums an hour after the island opens. My god I forgot the ordeal of the all day queue at London Stadium, numbers go out the window and its a race to the actual stadium entrance.

1 minute ago, J a c said:

Island open? I am missing something here 😮 

The stadiums got an artificial river/moat. The bridges to the island open at 4.

Just now, J a c said:

Island open? I am missing something here 😮 

London stadium opens in phases. The stadium itself is on an island

The bridges to the stadium open first(at 4) to access the stadium surroundings.

Then the stadium itself usually opens an hour later with show starting half 6 earliest

• Like 1

Just now, Joe. said:

The stadiums got an artificial river/moat. The bridges to the island open at 4.

LoL that is cool, but I guess this means I will have to run twice, from the island gates to the stadium entrance, and from the stadium entrance to the pit. I’m already freaking out for this 😂

Just now, J a c said:

LoL that is cool, but I guess this means I will have to run twice, from the island gates to the stadium entrance, and from the stadium entrance to the pit. I’m already freaking out for this 😂

Yup. Its all luck, I'll be turning up around midday as the movement from the bridges to the stadium entrance is just a mad dash, speaking from experience,  security don't care about numbers or how long you've been queueing.

6 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Yup. Its all luck, I'll be turning up around midday as the movement from the bridges to the stadium entrance is just a mad dash, speaking from experience,  security don't care about numbers or how long you've been queueing.

Yeah I had a similar experience with a festival that had a two gate layers, that’s fucked up. I’ll have to study the stadium gates as a treasure map 😂

21 hours ago, Meliciraptor said:

Isn't anyone else disgusted by the VIP packages? They cost so much and all you get is some merch and a tour by crew members? It's such a rip off. Of course it's everyone's own decision what to purchase but it makes me sad that a band I like so much has no problem with this. 

To be fair, I don’t think they particularly enjoy charging that much, I just think they have little to no control over it. At the end of the day it’s not just them that need to make a living/earn money, I don’t think they make the prices up surrounding any of these type of things. It would also help if people actually bought music these days instead of steaming everything. I guarantee concert tickets, packages etc would be a lot cheaper if people bought physical. Touring is literally a bands only source of income. It’s just how it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J a c said:

There’s no Fob and Weezer at the Helsinki concert, that date is part of the GD solo tour. Guests will be announced later on. 

The acoustic in the golden circle really depends on the venue and the stage/sound system. I have never been to the Helsinki arena, but I’m sure it will be good enough. Of course staying right in front of the stage can be exciting for other reasons, but it’s not the best from an acoustic perspective. I would stay inside the golden circle but towards the end of it, opposite side of the stage. You’ll also have less people pushing you to steal your spot, and avoid the moshing, in case you’re not a fan of it. 

Thank you. What i do if people in concert start touching me? 

12 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

I always had great experiences at Green Day concerts, people are usually really nice and me and my friends, of any gender, never had issues. That said, if it’s only about the crowd pushing to get your spot, you can say something but do little to nothing to avoid that, it’s one of those things you have to take into account in such a big concert. But if someone is harassing you, that is different, tell the person to fuck off, or even better speak with the other people next to you, I am pretty sure the crowd will kick away the asshole for you. This is my personal advice, I saw something like that happening at other concerts (not Green Day, but that’s just my experience), and music crowds are nicer and more supportive than what you could expect, if something happens you are not alone, you are together with thousands of people. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

Report them to security, or defend yourself. Other people will have your back as its not acceptable at any place, let alone a gig. I would have a look at this website too https://sgfw.org.uk :) 

• Like 1

For Europe people, La Defense arena got back to me and clarified

”Green day concert, it begins at 18h and not 20h and we haven't got the finish hour, around 23h-midnight.“

Much more like it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Platypus2000 said:

It would also help if people actually bought music these days instead of steaming everything. I guarantee concert tickets, packages etc would be a lot cheaper if people bought physical. Touring is literally a bands only source of income. It’s just how it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

So true, it makes me crazy that so much music is basically stolen and streaming pays so little and then people complain about merch prices etc but I agree, these VIP prices are eye watering as you aren't getting a meet and greet!

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy