Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Could just be like early entry then I guess. That seems fine, I can't think that many people would buy VIP. Seeing them at Wembley Stadium they had a "golden circle" but it was just a barrier for safety and was simply the first part of the stadium to get filled up by anyone with a standing ticket. And it was big enough that pretty much anyone who'd turned up earlier than right before doors opened fit in it. So hoping for the same as that.

The main thing is that if there weren't specific golden circle tickets I assume that means if you have a standing ticket you'll be able to get in the golden circle if you queue early enough.

Does Wembley have a comparable size? I know it's too soon to start planning (and panicking), but I really hope I don't have to queue at 6 am to get in the pit :D 

5 minutes ago, J a c said:

Does Wembley have a comparable size? I know it's too soon to start planning (and panicking), but I really hope I don't have to queue at 6 am to get in the pit :D 

Ahh I just googled and Wembley is bigger. But like, I know people who went to that show who were in the golden circle from queuing like one hour. Hard to judge though especially as there'll be Weezer and FOB fans too, I guess all anyone can do is get there as early as they can and hope for the best in any case.

6 minutes ago, Meliciraptor said:

Isn't anyone else disgusted by the VIP packages? They cost so much and all you get is some merch and a tour by crew members? It's such a rip off. Of course it's everyone's own decision what to purchase but it makes me sad that a band I like so much has no problem with this. 

Yeah they don't seem like a good deal to me. Hopefully they won't sell well and there'll be less people with priority entry and they'll be less likely to do them the same way again.

• Like 4

Did anyone buy tickets using FOB/Weezer presale code? 🧐 

There should be no problem seeing Green Day with those tickets, right? 🤣 I mean, it is the same show after all.

Just now, heart on a noose said:

Did anyone buy tickets using FOB/Weezer presale code? 🧐 

There should be no problem seeing Green Day with those tickets, right? 🤣 I mean, it is the same show after all.

Yeah don't worry it'll be the same!

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Meliciraptor said:

Isn't anyone else disgusted by the VIP packages? They cost so much and all you get is some merch and a tour by crew members? It's such a rip off. Of course it's everyone's own decision what to purchase but it makes me sad that a band I like so much has no problem with this. 

It’s a rip-off but it’s the reality of touring today the shows are so expensive to produce.  If someone wants crappy merch that’s on them, but at least it doesn’t give then special access to the show or bands. I don’t think Green Day mind these packages as much as they would the meet and greets and acoustic set ones where they have to shake hands or play to all the rich people.

• Love 1

I got golden circle at Hyde Park as a super nice security guard gave me and my partner a wristband, and once when they played Wembley Stadium as we started talking to a really nice guy in the queue who ended up working for Ticketmaster, and he bumped us up the queue to make sure we got in. 😁 It seems to pay off being extra nice to people on gig days! Fingers crossed for London next year!

What I hate is how they attach VIP to the best seats instead of allowing you to buy any seat you want and then adding a VIP upgrade to it. It means fewer seats available down front that don’t come with VIP.

• Like 3

I'm only personally affected if it makes it much harder to get near the front of standing, like if they made it so only VIP could get there and others excluded. Since it seems to just be some kind of early entry I don't think it's much different to when they used to give away early entry as a prize to tons of people on Idiot Club. That only had a very small effect on how hard it was to get near the front, I guess it depends on how many VIP tickets get sold but I doubt it's thousands or anything.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, J a c said:

Do you/anyone have any experience with the London stadium? I imagine a Pit area will be there anyway, right? 

Yup and yup. Just as a safety thing.

22 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I'm only personally affected if it makes it much harder to get near the front of standing, like if they made it so only VIP could get there and others excluded. Since it seems to just be some kind of early entry I don't think it's much different to when they used to give away early entry as a prize to tons of people on Idiot Club. That only had a very small effect on how hard it was to get near the front, I guess it depends on how many VIP tickets get sold but I doubt it's thousands or anything.

Its bullshit if there's early entry to the standing area, and would put me off queuing full stop. I doubt there'll be more than 10-ish VIPs for standing tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

Shouldn't the code from GD's mailing list work for Finland? It's FATHEROFALL

Shit it didn't work. It say's time is up in Finnish. Don't know it that means that the pre sale is over or is it just lagging. 

Not sure it’ll be the same but there was a golden circle (split down the middle for the catwalk) for Foo Fighters at the London stadium.  So, two entrances to get your wristband, either side of the stage.

Got Huddersfield tickets.

prices seemed a bit steep but I didn't have much time to think about it.

Kept getting an error when trying to pay.

submitted payment with 3 seconds left. stressful. 

Insane prices for VIP though. 

seems to still be good seated tickets if your with american express by the way. 

31 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Yup and yup. Just as a safety thing.

Its bullshit if there's early entry to the standing area, and would put me off queuing full stop. I doubt there'll be more than 10-ish VIPs for standing tho

They've done it before, during the 21st CB tour you could enter a contest on Idiot Club and like at least 100 people would win early entry per show. Sometimes there were other ways to win it too. I never won it and still had no problem getting near the front, makes little difference in a big venue especially when there's a catwalk.

What a stressful operation getting tickets was this morning :D I had to ring up the accessibility helpline for my tickets to get seats close to the front (cos my eyes suck) but after 40 minutes of calling I never got past the "line is busy" beep... THEN I started getting a message saying the number "can't be recognised" which made me panic a little :D It kept saying that for another 20 minutes, so at 11 I gave up on that shit and hopped on ticketmaster and after 6 searches some standing tickets came up :D I'm on my way Huddersfield! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

OMG - so logged onto Ticketmaster in plenty of time, said no account listed to that email, probably cos I haven't used it in years,  set up new account, registered credit card it said all good.  Sale went live, scrolling though options didn't work, they kept disappearing, finally got just tickets, clicked but it turned out be Amex only, back out, start again, got ticket, old credit card registered to old account came up - what the hell!  Had to delete old card, register new with clock ticking down, could hardly breathe!  Finally got ticket just as window cleaner climbed up ladder to clean windows as I was screaming and carrying on like a loony, but hey, I'm going! STRESFUL 😂😂

So happy for you Jen!  After what happened last time, you deserve the best seats.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Joe. said:

Got charged for it for Foo Fighters in Dublin I think, think Ticketmaster charged me for having my Liam Gallagher ticket on my phone. I can't print it out, I have to use my phone, and I still got a £1 charge.

Wow had no idea this was common practice. That fucking sucks. Just another way for Ticketmaster to nickel and dime you.

Can someone explain why there are seats in the ground floor at the baseball stadiums? Is that like some kind of pit or there's actual seats?? 

I hate to go to gigs not standing, the atmosphere is radically altered if you're not THERE we the crowd.  

Spoiler

I want pit tickets but i have no m o   n   e  y   😭

Just now, Stefano Bras said:

Can someone explain why there are seats in the ground floor at the baseball stadiums? Is that like some kind of pit or there's actual seats?? 

I hate to go to gigs not standing, the atmosphere is radically altered if you're not THERE we the crowd.  

Reveal hidden contents

As I understand it, there's a pit and then the rest of the ground floor are seats on the field. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

As I understand it, there's a pit and then the rest of the ground floor are seats on the field. 

I can't imagine people seating at a Green Day show.

I mean I know they're not going to be actually seating during the gig but there's not gonna be this kind of atmosphere:

Spoiler

img_0086.jpg?resize=640,480

• Like 1

I had a seat at a show at Wuhlheide in Berlin and everyone was standing on the benches jumping and dancing. That's why I love this venue so much. It's very laid back and in the middle of a big park. Perfect location for summer.

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy