Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

This tour isn't happening next year. Even if the vaccines are a success,no way will things be normal enough to have 50,000 people in a stadium. Best case scenario is Summer 2022 for the US. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

This tour isn't happening next year. Even if the vaccines are a success,no way will things be normal enough to have 50,000 people in a stadium. Best case scenario is Summer 2022 for the US. 

That’s likely but the real question is at this point whether it’s even financially worth it to do it in 2022 or scrap it in favor of a different kind of tour. The post corona model for touring may look different even after a vaccine.

It depends, if (together with a widely available vaccine) instant antigen tests become inexpensive, widely available, and easier to give, (which seems all quite plausible at the moment, in Europe at least) I think we can see the return of big events sooner than what we might think.
But it’s all a big if at the moment. If virus mutations resistant to antibodies start to spread we are all fucked, just to mention one if. 

I mean, if it doesn't work out - maybe I'll be able to get pit tickets this time around
(Although I was pretty happy with the seats I got!)

Ugh I had Tame Impala tickets too (rescheduled for next October...) we'll see what happens.

10 minutes ago, Freezing Melons said:

I mean, if it doesn't work out - maybe I'll be able to get pit tickets this time around
(Although I was pretty happy with the seats I got!)

Don't want to go through that race for pit ticket again ahah I still have mine but right now I could use de $250 lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Don't want to go through that race for pit ticket again ahah I still have mine but right now I could use de $250 lol

Me too I’m sitting on a pit ticket I know I can’t use right now because of the rescheduled date but I’m waiting to see what happens. Actually Ticketmaster is holding so much of my money that I would prefer they cancel and refund me and I’ll start again for whatever tour Green Day do next.

• Like 1

I know it greatly effects musicians, and that's no good.  But I personally prefer listening to music at home.

Maybe bands can find other revenue streams to keep the music going. 

30 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I know it greatly effects musicians, and that's no good.  But I personally prefer listening to music at home.

Maybe bands can find other revenue streams to keep the music going. 

When the movie studios were taking all the profits back in the early days of film, a bunch of actors got together and create United Artist studios to have more control. Maybe a musician owned streaming service is the way to go?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

When the movie studios were taking all the profits back in the early days of film, a bunch of actors got together and create United Artist studios to have more control. Maybe a musician owned streaming service is the way to go?

And the movie studios are back to making the full profit with almost every movie going straight to streaming release now. I believe this is the end of the movie theater - unfortunately.

Just now, Squashie said:

And the movie studios are back to making the profits with almost every movie going straight to streaming release now. I believe this is the end of the movie theater - unfortunately.

Well yes it is a complicated history but my point was that an artist run studio was the solution at the time  so maybe musicians need to unite and figure out a way to take back the power controlling the ownership and distribution of content and start making money again on their creative output in ways that don’t just require endless touring. 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Well yes it is a complicated history but my point was that an artist run studio was the solution at the time  so maybe musicians need to unite and figure out a way to take back the power controlling the ownership and distribution of content and start making money again on their creative output in ways that don’t just require endless touring. 

Totally agree. I'm all for artists being paid their fair compensation and streaming services are horrible at doing that (even though I'm guilty of being exclusively a music streamer).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Let's do it! 

35 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

This comment is approved by Beerjeezus

I’m pressing F for everyone who was looking forward to it:

F

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I know there were a lot of people looking forward to Hella Mega, but maybe it would be best just to cancel and have Green Day do a proper another kind of tour.

:angry:

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2020 at 9:14 PM, Hermione said:

It's not that interesting but a whole bunch of people met up and travelled to the UK shows together (led by Sharon, who you may have heard sadly died earlier this year) from around the UK, US and Europe. Stayed at Sharon and Graham's house in London, went around to the shows in a minivan, loads of GDCers and other fans met up at each show. And a few had horrible flu that I later discovered was almost certainly swine flu when I got it. I just went to one show and I think I avoided it but then went back a week later for a surprise FBHT show. Beer was constantly being passed out from the stage to the crowd with everyone taking sips and passing it on so no surprise I ended up with it :P. It was a different time!

I went to two shows, Friday and Saturday at the o2 London and by the Sunday evening I was the walking dead! Quickest onset of symptoms ever. Like you say absolutely no restrictions at all! Was sharing water with the entire front row. Disgusting when you think about it 😂

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

For me those are two separate things. I spend most of my days listening to music at home. But to go to a sweaty club, drink beer, listen to some melancholic alternative punk rock band you love, run into someone you know - maybe an important person; hug a drunk punk guy and then, when a certain song hits you at the right time of that night (as well as couple of beers) and you get flashbacks from your life and certain situations, and it brings you to tears.. Man I miss that shit 😪

I can't fucking wait for all this shit to go away. I hate this year. I thought 2019 was awful, but little did I know..

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mato said:

For me those are two separate things. I spend most of my days listening to music at home. But to go to a sweaty club, drink beer, listen to some melancholic alternative punk rock band you love, run into someone you know - maybe an important person; hug a drunk punk guy and then, when a certain song hits you at the right time of that night (as well as couple of beers) and you get flashbacks from your life and certain situations, and it brings you to tears.. Man I miss that shit 😪

I can't fucking wait for all this shit to go away. I hate this year. I thought 2019 was awful, but little did I know..

That's the best description of the perfect night out ever! 

I do love going to concerts, and for a while I was one of the regulars at local metal shows (my town just either doesn't have an alternative/punk thing going on, or I don't know how to find it).    

I'm sure when this is all over, I will want to go out and hear some live music.    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

I went to two shows, Friday and Saturday at the o2 London and by the Sunday evening I was the walking dead! Quickest onset of symptoms ever. Like you say absolutely no restrictions at all! Was sharing water with the entire front row. Disgusting when you think about it 😂

Oh yes I was at the Friday one where tons of people met up :D. A few people had it but we avoided it. I still don't know how they managed to go to the shows, maybe they had milder symptoms because I wouldn't have been able to. Then when we went back for Foxies a week later I was squished against the person we named the illness after for most of the show and was drinking from the same beer cans lol. And then two weeks of feeling like death. No one even thought anything of it, you're right it was gross really :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What if next year FOB get replaced by The Network?
@Beerjeezus is wet right now just thinking about that

Green Day just need their own festival where it's all Green Day related bands. 

And The Network too, because Warner will tack them on regardless.

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy