Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

In addition to the guy on the last page saying there will be dates in London and Huddersfield, there was a guy in the Next Album thread that also confirmed it will be coming to a couple stadiums in the UK because he worked at them. Page 398 or 397 I think, nobody replied to him. 

Despite what everyone says about promoters not touching this lineup in Europe, I think it only makes sense for it to be worldwide. Its not like blink and Lil Wayne or FOB and Wiz Khalifa, its two bands that sell out arenas in the UK, and with 9 months of promotion I'm fairly sure this tour will sell out a couple of stadiums. I do believe GD will be the main act and will play close to their normal length set, I would expect FOB to play upwards of an hour and Weezer no more than half an hour. Show would have to start slightly earlier than normal but I'm sure thats doable. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

In addition to the guy on the last page saying there will be dates in London and Huddersfield, there was a guy in the Next Album thread that also confirmed it will be coming to a couple stadiums in the UK because he worked at them. Page 398 or 397 I think, nobody replied to him. 

Despite what everyone says about promoters not touching this lineup in Europe, I think it only makes sense for it to be worldwide. Its not like blink and Lil Wayne or FOB and Wiz Khalifa, its two bands that sell out arenas in the UK, and with 9 months of promotion I'm fairly sure this tour will sell out a couple of stadiums. I do believe GD will be the main act and will play close to their normal length set, I would expect FOB to play upwards of an hour and Weezer no more than half an hour. Show would have to start slightly earlier than normal but I'm sure thats doable. 

Same guy in both threads.

it may well come to Europe but It would be unheard of.

makes even less sense when they are all big enough here to do at least arena shows.

Well, it's supposed to be hella mega :Pplus I can't imagine they'd promote this like crazy only to announce other not hella mega dates together with this.

5 hours ago, DadBod said:

358.55 pounds

NOT EVEN CLOSE. Btw, this was in 2011-12 so don't know if it's true today.

9 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

In the twitter post of the girl who received the t-shirt, Billie commented like he was all shocked about this and then tagged Pete Wentz. Was that part of the act? So weird.

I kind of think that if Billie’s reaction was genuine surprise then we would see all these rumours being shut down by Crush, unless they’re now going with any publicity being good publicity but that’s contrary to how they have behaved up til now.  He didn’t have to react at all to that post after all.  

Maybe his new IG is telling us it’s actually Post Malone they’re touring with 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, purplebenny said:

Same guy in both threads.

it may well come to Europe but It would be unheard of.

makes even less sense when they are all big enough here to do at least arena shows.

Weezer aren’t tho, they’re really not a surprise to be an opener to me. Then I think FoB as a strong sub for Green Day stadium shows isn’t that unlikely or weird.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Weezer aren’t tho, they’re really not a surprise to be an opener to me. Then I think FoB as a strong sub for Green Day stadium shows isn’t that unlikely or weird.

Agreed. Its like the 2013 show at Emirates Stadium. All Time Low were the Weezer of that show. And at the time Kaiser Chiefs were as popular in the UK as FOB are now, if not more popular. At the time KC were playing arenas and having number one albums, they still are. They even headlined a stadium themselves in their home city of Leeds. FOB being a high profile support act isn't strange at all.

30 minutes ago, Joe. said:

If that was the case they’d be promoting this as a Green Day tour and they’re not.

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If that was the case they’d be promoting this as a Green Day tour and they’re not.

The poster has Weezer at the bottom though,

if it happens, I can’t see anything other than that order.

gD 2 hours 

fOb 1.15(full set minus encore)

weezer 45

Can we all collectively just shut the fuck up about whose more popular or who deserves to play how long until we actually get an official statement on what their intentions are?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Punkyyy said:

Can we all collectively just shut the fuck up about whose more popular or who deserves to play how long until we actually get an official statement on what their intentions are?

Well what else are you here for in this thread? The whole point is to speculate and state one’s opinion and discuss that

• Like 2

You can speculate but we've done that for a full day in the previous thread until it got moved...it's just the same exact people again trying to convince green day fans in a green day community forum that green day deserves to headline...I get it yeah

3 minutes ago, Punkyyy said:

You can speculate but we've done that for a full day in the previous thread until it got moved...it's just the same exact people again trying to convince green day fans in a green day community forum that green day deserves to headline...I get it yeah

Some people use these threads to kill the time until an official announcement happens and I see nothing wrong with that

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Punkyyy said:

The entire point is to speculate, and yes GD fans will want the biggest band to headline. 

This is a speculation discussion thread. I’m unsure what else you really expected to find here?...

1 hour ago, purplebenny said:

The poster has Weezer at the bottom though,

if it happens, I can’t see anything other than that order.

gD 2 hours 

fOb 1.15(full set minus encore)

weezer 45

Exactly.

49 minutes ago, Jean said:

If they play near me, I'll definitely go. Just a little afraid of what the ticket prices will be though.

Me too. No way I will not go if the boys come anywhere close to me. But I was planning at least 7-8 shows this tour circle, which will be painful for both my wallet and my ears because while I love Weezer, I can’t stand FOB. But yeah what the hell. Hoping for some solo dates as well. GD was selling out arenas here in Europe last tour, so I don’t see a reason why they shouldn’t come back for a regular tour leg. At least I hope.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I follow the charts stats pretty closely and i can assure you that FOB are not the commercial force they were in their last album. MANIA sold 130.000 in their first week, and only 10.000 of their sales were from streaming, which is not good considering they had almost a 1 year build up with 3 fully released singles to add to streams, none of which charted in the Billboard Hot 100 as they used to. Their last album had 218.000 first week sales in 2015, that's almost half the sales in three years. Compare that to Green Day, which released RR after the biggest flop of their lives and still could manage to sell 98.000 and have 8.000 from streaming with 2 months of build up and very little promo. That's only a 30.000 difference between a band with crossover pop appeal who had a huge comeback with big hits and a +30 year band that had to kill-off an entire trilogy album and cancel a great part of their tour and promo because of rehab.

Also, surprisingly, Green Day are kinda killing the streaming game. Fall Out Boy only have 24 million Spotify listeners because of feats in popular songs like Summer Days from Martin Garrix. I remember checking their profile in the same month they launched MANIA and they had 13 million, while Green Day had 15 million. Really, Green Day are doing very good at Spotify, they have 14.400.000 listeners, released their last album in 2016 and they don't even get featured in a lot of playlists, so their monthly listeners are much more representative of their real audience, unlike FOB. For comparison, this are the Spotify stats of other groups

Other legendary bands
- Foo Fighters: 10 million
- Metallica: 13 million
- Oasis: 13 million
- Nirvana: 13 million
- RHCP: 17 million (the only ones i found that have bigger numbers)

Younger bands
- The Killers: 12 million
- Arctic Monkeys: 11 million
- Muse: 8 million
- Twenty One Pilots: 15 million (one of the biggest bands in streaming)
- The 1975: 8 million

So yeah, FOB are not doing THAT good, they have a loyal fanbase, but their audience is not that sustainable in the long run and are no longer that popular with younger audiences in comparison with, for example, Panic! At the Disco, which, as much as it pains me to say cause i hate that asshat Brandon Urine, have had a genuine solo top 10 hit in the last year. And Green Day are doing exceptionally good all things considered, their last 4 albums (which have been the last 10 years) have received a very lukewarm reception, they don't have a big push in playlists or radio and still they are still very much a part of the pop culture in the digital era.

Now, i hope y'all give me likes and hearts and stuff cause i'm a journalist and i had to take out my calculator to pull out this stats, and i haven't done that since high school like 5 years ago, so do that. Also, this tour sucks and i hope they keep it away from Latinamerica.

That was some analyzing there jesus christ, Nice!

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I follow the charts stats pretty closely and i can assure you that FOB are not the commercial force they were in their last album. MANIA sold 130.000 in their first week, and only 10.000 of their sales were from streaming, which is not good considering they had almost a 1 year build up with 3 fully released singles to add to streams, none of which charted in the Billboard Hot 100 as they used to. Their last album had 218.000 first week sales in 2015, that's almost half the sales in three years. Compare that to Green Day, which released RR after the biggest flop of their lives and still could manage to sell 98.000 and have 8.000 from streaming with 2 months of build up and very little promo. That's only a 30.000 difference between a band with crossover pop appeal who had a huge comeback with big hits and a +30 year band that had to kill-off an entire trilogy album and cancel a great part of their tour and promo because of rehab.

Also, surprisingly, Green Day are kinda killing the streaming game. Fall Out Boy only have 24 million Spotify listeners because of feats in popular songs like Summer Days from Martin Garrix. I remember checking their profile in the same month they launched MANIA and they had 13 million, while Green Day had 15 million. Really, Green Day are doing very good at Spotify, they have 14.400.000 listeners, released their last album in 2016 and they don't even get featured in a lot of playlists, so their monthly listeners are much more representative of their real audience, unlike FOB. For comparison, this are the Spotify stats of other groups

Other legendary bands
- Foo Fighters: 10 million
- Metallica: 13 million
- Oasis: 13 million
- Nirvana: 13 million
- RHCP: 17 million (the only ones i found that have bigger numbers)

Younger bands
- The Killers: 12 million
  - Arctic Monkeys: 11 million
- Muse: 8 million
- Twenty One Pilots: 15 million (one of the biggest bands in streaming)
- The 1975: 8 million

So yeah, FOB are not doing THAT good, they have a loyal fanbase, but their audience is not that sustainable in the long run and are no longer that popular with younger audiences in comparison with, for example, Panic! At the Disco, which, as much as it pains me to say cause i hate that asshat Brandon Urine, have had a genuine solo top 10 hit in the last year. And Green Day are doing exceptionally good all things considered, their last 4 albums (which have been the last 10 years) have received a very lukewarm reception, they don't have a big push in playlists or radio and still they are still very much a part of the pop culture in the digital era.

Now, i hope y'all give me likes and hearts and stuff cause i'm a journalist and i had to take out my calculator to pull out this stats, and i haven't done that since high school like 5 years ago, so do that. Also, this tour sucks and i hope they keep it away from Latinamerica.

I see a few problems here

Firstly, I've only claimed that FOB's recent material has been doing better than GD's recent material. GD having better spotify numbers overall doesn't really mean RR has better numbers than MANIA etc. GD's overall streaming numbers are mainly higher due to the fact that they have had more hits over a longer period of time, and more albums overall

Even though Mania did quite poorly commercially by FOB's standard, it still did much better than RevRad did. Wikipedia tells me that RevRad sold 95k units in its first week, with only 5k coming from streaming numbers so to me (which differs from the 98k and 8k figures you have in your post), that shows that Mania outdid RevRad in terms of streaming numbers and album sales

FOB has had massive hits as recent as 2015, Green Day's most recent hit single was 21 Guns in 2009

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Firstly, I've only claimed that FOB's recent material has been doing better than GD's recent material. GD having better spotify numbers overall doesn't really mean RR has better numbers than MANIA etc. GD's overall streaming numbers are mainly higher due to the fact that they have had more hits over a longer period of time, and more albums overall

Even though Mania did quite poorly commercially by FOB's standard, it still did much better than RevRad did in terms of streaming. Wikipedia tells me that RevRad sold 95k units in its first week, with only 5k coming from streaming numbers so to me (which differs from the 98k and 8k figures you have in your post), that shows that Mania outdid RevRad in terms of streaming numbers and album sales

FOB has had massive hits as recent as 2015, Green Day's most recent hit single was 21 Guns in 2009

At least in the Uk bang bang charted better than anything FOB have done since IOH.

massive hits? That really depends on your definition of massive 

1 minute ago, purplebenny said:

At least in the Uk bang bang charted better than anything FOB have done since IOH.

massive hits? That really depends on your definition of massive 

Pretty sure Centuries was a huge hit. I heard it everywhere

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Even though Mania did quite poorly commercially by FOB's standard, it still did much better than RevRad did in terms of streaming. Wikipedia tells me that RevRad sold 95k units in its first week, with only 5k coming from streaming numbers so to me (which differs from the 98k and 8k figures you have in your post), that shows that Mania outdid RevRad in terms of streaming numbers and album sales

I checked the numbers you said and you're right, it's 5.000. That's still a 5.000 streaming difference between the two, and FOB had 3 singles in 8 months that accumulated their streaming numbers, compared to GD 2 months. I never said RR did better than MANIA, i said the bridge between the two albums, considering one should be at the top of their selling game after a comeback album and the other is at one of the lowest points of their career, is very small. 

What you say about their last hits is what's most surprising, Green Day should not have such big streaming numbers since they have been out of the charts spotlight in the last 10 years and still a lot of people listen to them, old hits or not, which is why i said that even tho Fall Out Boy sells more now, i don't think their audience is that sustainable in the future, especially since i see they're in a very awkward spot between not being a fully commercial pop band like Panic! and losing part of their tumblr young audience to groups like the 1975 or Twenty One Pilots.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I checked the numbers you said and you're right, it's 5.000. That's still a 5.000 streaming difference between the two, and FOB had 3 singles in 8 months that accumulated their streaming numbers, compared to GD 2 months. I never said RR did better than MANIA, i said the bridge between the two albums, considering one should be at the top of their selling game after a comeback album and the other is at one of the lowest points of their career, is very small. 

What you say about their last hits is what's most surprising, Green Day should not have such big streaming numbers since they have been out of the charts spotlight in the last 10 years and still a lot of people listen to them, old hits or not, which is why i said that even tho Fall Out Boy sells more now, i don't think their audience is that sustainable in the future, especially since i see they're in a very awkward spot between not being a fully commercial pop band like Panic! and losing part of their tumblr young audience to groups like the 1975 or Twenty One Pilots.

I don't disagree with you. FOB's audience isn't as sustainable but their audience is still probably going to be bigger when the tour is going on next summer. Of course, things can change based on how well GD's and FOB's upcoming releases do

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy