Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

And back in 2012, I liked that 3D lyric video they did for Oh Love!

Yes everyone have an old red&blue 3D glass in their pocket for sure 😂

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

What if the next album is "green day on ice"?????

LOL what?!?!😆😆😆😆😆

Rewatching this Instagram live stream makes me wonder if Jason is a semi-official member of the band, again. My thoughts are since he beat cancer and if he isn’t playing with any if his side projects they would probably bring him back.

https://youtu.be/3MAZQBSZoUI

Edit: Is that Jason? I could have sworn it was Jason but the quality makes it hard to tell.

That is Jason White

16 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Rewatching this Instagram live stream makes me wonder if Jason is a semi-official member of the band, again. My thoughts are since he beat cancer and if he isn’t playing with any if his side projects they would probably bring him back.

https://youtu.be/3MAZQBSZoUI

Edit: Is that Jason? I could have sworn it was Jason but the quality makes it hard to tell.

Yup.. That's jason

That livestream though. The kind of music the fab 4 were playing depressed me a lot. I expected roaring guitars and thundering drums. 

So Butch Walker just posted a video on Instagram driving through Nashville, so obviously they’re done recording. Now we just sit and wait for the announcement!!!

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So Butch Walker just posted a video on Instagram driving through Nashville, so obviously they’re done recording. Now we just sit and wait for the announcement!!!

How is that at all an indication of the recording process?

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

How is that at all an indication of the recording process?

I’m just searching for clues with every new post from the guys and everyone in their inner circle

22 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m just searching for clues with every new post from the guys and everyone in their inner circle

Calm down bro

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Green Day in Nashville recording country music album confirmed 

1 hour ago, chrism17 said:

Green Day in Nashville recording country music album confirmed 

I can just visualize Billie Joe tossing out all his Les Paul Juniors and swimming in a pile of Telecasters, Tre’s going to have half the album to himself on vocals with two Mike vocals songs. “Songs For Assholes”? More like “Songs For The Agriculturally Inclined. You thought the “green” in Green Day was a pot reference? Wrong again! And if you got a problem with that, you can talk to my John Deere combine! All those synths are actually midi folk instruments and nobody can tell me otherwise! 😂

On a real note, I’ve always secretly hoped that “Foreverly” would get a follow up.

Now there's no reason to doubt that Butch Walker is the next producer for GD. All that remains to speculate is the sound of the record. 

49 minutes ago, Jinxs said:

Now there's no reason to doubt that Butch Walker is the next producer for GD. All that remains to speculate is the sound of the record. 

I agree. I think there is enough evidence and rumour that we can be fairly confident in assuming he is the producer. He has an interesting body of work, I'm intrigued to see what he can do with the band. I think without hearing any official comment from any of themembers, judging by the producer alone I think we can be certain that there will be a shift in the sound of the music.

I couldn't sleep, so here's a compiled timeline of what we've seen so far.

Spoiler

it's pretty rough, I do not have a graphic design major. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_qD4cfPsaSe141Qdom2WYokFAV5QTkCo/view?usp=sharing

2 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Reveal hidden contents

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_qD4cfPsaSe141Qdom2WYokFAV5QTkCo/view?usp=sharing

I think it's pretty fair to say they got together around November, messed around at Otis and got warmed up, and then started writing in December through march. They got into the studio shortly after and I have a feeling it's gotta be close to being finished. If the 4 Chan leak is to be believed, the songs have probably already been recorded and I imagine they're talking to record executives,etc at this point. If the insiders are to be believed, a fall release makes sense with all this in mind. I imagine this album will get heavier promotion than RevRad did with Butch Walker producing it. June single for the summer, maybe another inbetween the months leading to fall. Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think it's pretty fair to say they got together around November, messed around at Otis and got warmed up, and then started writing in December through march. They got into the studio shortly after and I have a feeling it's gotta be close to being finished. If the 4 Chan leak is to be believed, the songs have probably already been recorded and I imagine they're talking to record executives,etc at this point. If the insiders are to be believed, a fall release makes sense with all this in mind. I imagine this album will get heavier promotion than RevRad did with Butch Walker producing it. June single for the summer, maybe another inbetween the months leading to fall. Only time will tell.

If the single is coming in June, we could be getting the announcement any day now!!!

1 hour ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

If the 4 Chan leak is to be believed, the songs have probably already been recorded and I imagine they're talking to record executives,etc at this point

I doubt that the 4Chan leak was true. 

54 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I doubt that the 4Chan leak was true. 

Has 4Chan ever been right about anything?

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Has 4Chan ever been right about anything?

I think they leak RevRad setlist and it was true. I THINK. I can't remember.

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I think they leak RevRad setlist and it was true. I THINK. I can't remember.

That’s what I thought. A few pages back, someone told me it was leaked on Instagram

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

That’s what I thought. A few pages back, someone told me it was leaked on Instagram

It was posted by revradgd in Instagram on August '16 

Is it possible they could go the route others are going these days and release more than one single prior to the album release — like one in June, one in July, one in August and then the album in September? Personally I hate that but I follow other artists that have done that in recent years. It’s good for streaming numbers I guess. 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Is it possible they could go the route others are going these days and release more than one single prior to the album release — like one in June, one in July, one in August and then the album in September? Personally I hate that but I follow other artists that have done that in recent years. It’s good for streaming numbers I guess. 

They already did that back in 2012 before ¡UNO! came out. Oh Love was released in July then Kill the DJ came out in August, although Kill the DJ was a Europe exclusive single

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

They already did that back in 2012 before ¡UNO! came out. Oh Love was released in July then Kill the DJ came out in August, although Kill the DJ was a Europe exclusive single

That was unusual to do it then (and the Trilogy release itself was unusual) but it’s become more of a typical thing now for any album.  RevRad went the traditional route with one single then the album. 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived