Green Day on Mars

Squashie

What an odd thing for them to get involved in, is it something or nothing?  Is @laughingclock able to tell us if this is the start of something I wonder? Just a joke follow up on GFB?

Very cool! 

1 hour ago, jengd said:

What an odd thing for them to get involved in, is it something or nothing?  Is @laughingclock able to tell us if this is the start of something I wonder? Just a joke follow up on GFB?

I think their team probably just saw it as a random cool way to promote the band. Like, someone heard about it and said let's do a Green Day one.

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Very cool! 

I think their team probably just saw it as a random cool way to promote the band. Like, someone heard about it and said let's do a Green Day one.

You are probably right, it just made me wonder if they were planning something and this was the beginning of stirring up interest.

7 hours ago, Tubbie Head said:

God I love Mike

His hashtags are the best part of the Green Day on Mars thing

"#itjusthappenedwedidntPlanet" is super cute because he capitalised Planet so we'd notice the pun

9 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

"#itjusthappenedwedidntPlanet" is super cute because he capitalised Planet so we'd notice the pun

Mike is great, I half expected a little green men reference but these are great!

I was wondering the entire time if this was their idea (which is honestly so fucking cute and dorky) or if there's a Green Day fan in NASA who did it just because lol. Both scenarios are amazing.

29 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I was wondering the entire time if this was their idea (which is honestly so fucking cute and dorky) or if there's a Green Day fan in NASA who did it just because lol. Both scenarios are amazing.

I don't know, is it possible to just call nasa and go "hey, would it be cool if you put my name on a Mars probe?" because if that's possible I'm doing it.

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't know, is it possible to just call nasa and go "hey, would it be cool if you put my name on a Mars probe?" because if that's possible I'm doing it.

I wanna go to NASA and ask "hey would it be cool if you put me on a mars probe?" because if that's possible i'm doing it

15 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

One of the science guys on Mythbusters used to wear a GD t-shirt, the 21CD one with the gas mask, just had the text removed.  Maybe they have a particularly following in the science community. 

I like to think that there are a lot of Green Day fans at NASA and that's how the whole thing came about. 

Archived