Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

Wasn't able to get the vinyl at the Toronto show. Seems they were completely sold out from previous shows. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

Wasn't able to get the vinyl at the Toronto show. Seems they were completely sold out from previous shows. 

They may not have brought much with them. He made a comment on IG a while back that they would bring as much merch as they could smuggle over the border so there may have been a limit on what they could bring to sell (assuming he wasn’t joking about that)

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

So do we think The Longshot is done releasing music? Does anyone think they'll release anything else? Will it be soon or years from now?

I mean, there are still unreleased songs that I'd like to hear like Dreamcatcher (I'm losing faith in that song ever being released)

We just got an album, a single, 3 ep's in just a little over a month ago and you thinking of more already :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

We just got an album, a single, 3 ep's in just a little over a month ago and you thinking of more already :lol: 

I mean, I'm just asking a question. Green Day is often full of surprises. Nobody was expecting the EPs. They could still have more surprises in store

I can’t believe we’re already halfway through 2018 and we’ve had two side projects, an album, eps and a tour and we have still have not the slightest idea what they have planned for Green Day. I feel like the main event is still to come and we don’t know what it is. It’s exciting with all the anniversaries coming up if they’re taking this kind of break you know they have plans for something special.

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I mean, I'm just asking a question. Green Day is often full of surprises. Nobody was expecting the EPs. They could still have more surprises in store

I think after the Longshot tour they’ll be focusing on either the AI movie, if it’s still happening (word is that it is) or the the next Green Day album. Or both. I imagine Billie will take a short break, but he will be chomping at the bit. 

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can’t believe we’re already halfway through 2018 and we’ve had two side projects, an album, eps and a tour and we have still have not the slightest idea what they have planned for Green Day. I feel like the main event is still to come and we don’t know what it is. It’s exciting with all the anniversaries coming up if they’re taking this kind of break you know they have plans for something special.

Green Day are coming up on their 30th year....May 28th, 2019 is when they changed the name to Green Day I believe.   That's a year from yesterday!  

This would be an amazing way to celebrate:    

Release a COMPLETE singles album and go on a massive world tour promoting the crap out of it with a new setlist with mostly singles.  Get the whole world remembering all those old songs and just when the entire world is seeing them as a great nostalgia act.......

......drop Album 13 out of nowhere while the Greatest Hits Tour is going on and swap out the setlist for new songs, and a revamped standard set, one that covers each era but still have lots of Dookie and Idiot.  

Wow, that would be excited.  Especially if you're at the show the day before the album drops and they start playing a bunch of new songs.    

2 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Green Day are coming up on their 30th year....May 28th, 2019 is when they changed the name to Green Day I believe.   That's a year from yesterday!  

Release a COMPLETE singles album and go on a massive world tour promoting the crap out of it with a new setlist with mostly singles.  Get the whole world remembering all those old songs and just when the entire world is seeing them as a great nostalgia act.......

......drop Album 13 out of nowhere while the Greatest Hits Tour is going on and swap out the setlist for new songs, and a revamped standard set, one that covers each era but still have lots of Dookie and Idiot.  

Wow, that would be excited.  Especially if you're at the show the day before the album drops and they start playing a bunch of new songs.    

Release a complete singles album? You mean, like International Superhits? Considering we already have IS (which has all singles up to Warning) and the recently released God's Favorite Band which includes most of their successful post Warning singles, I don't see any reason behind releasing something like that.

And, Green Day have already been around for 30 years. They originally formed in 1987. Yeah, sure they weren't called Green Day yet but I'm not sure if the 30th anniversary of a name change is a big deal.

I think something will happen in 2019, not because of their "name change" anniversary. But because Dookie, AI and 21CB will each have an anniversary. Dookie will be 25 years old, AI will be 15 years old and 21CB will be 10 years old.

2 hours ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

Amazon has the vinyl for pre-order on its site here.  It's $18.98 and is supposed to be released on July 27, 2018.  This actually showed up on Amazon a few days ago, but nobody here seems to have mentioned it yet.  So far, it only seems to be on Amazon USA's site.  I'm hoping this means we'll get a CD release, too....

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Release a complete singles album? You mean, like International Superhits? Considering we already have IS (which has all singles up to Warning) and the recently released God's Favorite Band which includes most of their successful post Warning singles, I don't see any reason behind releasing something like that.

And, Green Day have already been around for 30 years. They originally formed in 1987. Yeah, sure they weren't called Green Day yet but I'm not sure if the 30th anniversary of a name change is a big deal.

I think something will happen in 2019, not because of their "name change" anniversary. But because Dookie, AI and 21CB will each have an anniversary. Dookie will be 25 years old, AI will be 15 years old and 21CB will be 10 years old.

A singles collection INSTEAD of a Greatest Hits.  Sure, we've had two Greatest Hits, but Superhits will be old enough to buy smokes next year and the new one, while good, wasn't the best compilation. It's execution left something to be desired.    I don't really want this, but it gives them a reason to tour besides just touring.   It's all part of the fake-out that they aren't working on a new album, that was the idea.  

Without that name- change, we'd be disagreeing on the Sweet Children Authority, hahaha! 

The anniversaries....that's a good idea.  Breakdown may get skipped over, but I'd love to see them playing those songs again.   These days "Know your Enemy" is about all we get from the one.   

They've celebrated Dookie before, but why not do it again?  It's a great album.   

and American Idiot.....they could play it in its entirety every night, for the rest of eternity and I would never complain.   American Idiot needs a celebration, especially if that darned movie is really coming out soon.  

So really......I don't disagree with you at all.   Yay!  

Green Day (formerly known as Sweet Children) have been around 32+ years, woo hoo!  

16 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

A singles collection INSTEAD of a Greatest Hits.  Sure, we've had two Greatest Hits, but Superhits will be old enough to buy smokes next year and the new one, while good, wasn't the best compilation. It's execution left something to be desired.    I don't really want this, but it gives them a reason to tour besides just touring.   It's all part of the fake-out that they aren't working on a new album, that was the idea.  

Without that name- change, we'd be disagreeing on the Sweet Children Authority, hahaha! 

The anniversaries....that's a good idea.  Breakdown may get skipped over, but I'd love to see them playing those songs again.   These days "Know your Enemy" is about all we get from the one.   

They've celebrated Dookie before, but why not do it again?  It's a great album.   

and American Idiot.....they could play it in its entirety every night, for the rest of eternity and I would never complain.   American Idiot needs a celebration, especially if that darned movie is really coming out soon.  

So really......I don't disagree with you at all.   Yay!  

Green Day (formerly known as Sweet Children) have been around 32+ years, woo hoo!  

My point about the singles collection is I don't see the point.. Firstly, compilation albums of songs already released multiple times doesn't make sense to me, especially if a greatest hits compilation already included most of the songs and International Superhits already includes EVERY single from before AI. Personally, I think an International Superhits II would've made more sense than a new greatest hits spanning their entire career (which includes most of the songs already on IS)

Literally, the only songs that would be released on a Singles Compilation that haven't been released would be all the singles that failed to chart well. JoS, EJN, 21CB, Lotag, KTD, LYG, Stray Heart, X-Kid and RR are the only singles that haven't been released on a Greatest Hits Compilation and idk if there's a point in releasing ANOTHER compilation solely for these additional songs. If it's a big deal to anyone, they can make their own playlist on Spotify or YouTube for free and add these songs.

Yeah, I'm not saying that a name change is meaningless. Green Day is certainly a better band name than Sweet Children imo. But yeah, they've already been around for over 30 years now.

If 21CB gets at least some attention outside of KYE in 2019, I'll be happy. That's my favourite album of all time. It means a lot to me personally and I think it gets overlooked and hated on unfairly. People don't need to like it more than AI, but I think everyone should at least give it a fair shot and appreciate the massive effort that went into such an ambitious project. American Idiot and Dookie are also fantastic albums that deserve the amount of praise they get too

4 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

My point about the singles collection is I don't see the point.. Firstly, compilation albums of songs already released multiple times doesn't make sense to me, especially if a greatest hits compilation already included most of the songs and International Superhits already includes EVERY single from before AI. Personally, I think an International Superhits II would've made more sense than a new greatest hits spanning their entire career (which includes most of the songs already on IS)

Literally, the only songs that would be released on a Singles Compilation that haven't been released would be all the singles that failed to chart well. JoS, EJN, 21CB, Lotag, KTD, LYG, Stray Heart, X-Kid and RR are the only singles that haven't been released on a Greatest Hits Compilation and idk if there's a point in releasing ANOTHER compilation solely for these additional songs. If it's a big deal to anyone, they can make their own playlist on Spotify or YouTube for free and add these songs.

Yeah, I'm not denying that a name change is meaningless. Green Day is certainly a better band name than Sweet Children imo. But yeah, they've already been around for over 30 years now.

If 21CB gets at least some attention outside of KYE in 2019, I'll be happy. That's my favourite album of all time. It means a lot to me personally and I think it gets overlooked and hated on unfairly. People don't need to like it more than AI, but I think everyone should at least give it a fair shot and appreciate the massive effort that went into such an ambitious project. American Idiot and Dookie are also fantastic albums that deserve the amount of praise they get too

21st Century is amazing, love it front to back.   The built up for it was so exciting....They were following up Idiot and going bigger and louder and wanted to be like Bruce Springsteen........man, those were great times.  I remember them purposely leaking part of the album online which was kind of crazy back in 09.  Breakdown was one of those albums I had to have the actuall second it came out.  I stayed up late on itunes, waiting until midnight for the download to be on there.  And then driving to Best Buy before they opened just waiting to pick up a copy.  I bought the deluxe book version AND the standard version.  So yeah.....I am a fan of Breakdown, big time.  

Does anyone know the exact time frame of when they formed Sweet Children?  I'm seeing 86 and 87, but I'd love to know THE DAY he and Mike started making music together....It's somewhere between Febuary 17, 1986 and 1987 but that's as close to it as I could get.   And if anyone know that, I'd also need the hour, minutes and second too.   

;)

Totally on topic.  

4 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

So do we think The Longshot is done releasing music? Does anyone think they'll release anything else? Will it be soon or years from now?

I mean, there are still unreleased songs that I'd like to hear like Dreamcatcher (I'm losing faith in that song ever being released)

As far as the future, previous projects The Network and FBHT were one and done but I'm hopeful that he'd revisit this. It's less "gimmicky" than them (I don't mean that negatively, just can't think of a better word), with a broader style so seems like there'd be more scope to do more. And it's only Billie so seems like it'd be easier logistically as well since multiple people don't need to be available for it. Could be a handy thing to use for releasing music when he's written stuff that doesn't fit for Green Day or when he's the only one up for doing music/having zero time off at the time.

As far as now it kind of seems like it's probably done since there's been the album plus a lot of leftovers and now they're off on tour. But with how generous and spontaneous it's been it also wouldn't surprise me if we randomly got a couple more songs like Dreamcatcher etc.

1 hour ago, American Basket Case said:

Amazon has the vinyl for pre-order on its site here.  It's $18.98 and is supposed to be released on July 27, 2018.  This actually showed up on Amazon a few days ago, but nobody here seems to have mentioned it yet.  So far, it only seems to be on Amazon USA's site.  I'm hoping this means we'll get a CD release, too....

Amazing, thanks for the info, it's also available on German Amazon, but it says July 20th 2018 here? Yeah I'm hoping for a CD too, but if we don't get a CD and they don't come to Europe (still kind of hoping they will) that means I can order a physical copy of the album, which is great news. :happyhands:

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

Amazing, thanks for the info, it's also available on German Amazon, but it says July 20th 2018 here? Yeah I'm hoping for a CD too, but if we don't get a CD and they don't come to Europe (still kind of hoping they will) that means I can order a physical copy of the album, which is great news. :happyhands:

You're welcome.  :)  I just checked Amazon Germany, and it does give a release date for the vinyl a week sooner than the USA.  Think I only took time to check Amazon in USA, Canada, UK, and maybe France so I didn't see that.  The vinyl is also showing up as a pre-order for some other physical/online stores, too.  

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

As far as the future, previous projects The Network and FBHT were one and done but I'm hopeful that he'd revisit this. It's less "gimmicky" than them (I don't mean that negatively, just can't think of a better word), with a broader style so seems like there'd be more scope to do more. And it's only Billie so seems like it'd be easier logistically as well since multiple people don't need to be available for it. Could be a handy thing to use for releasing music when he's written stuff that doesn't fit for Green Day or when he's the only one up for doing music/having zero time off at the time.

As far as now it kind of seems like it's probably done since there's been the album plus a lot of leftovers and now they're off on tour. But with how generous and spontaneous it's been it also wouldn't surprise me if we randomly got a couple more songs like Dreamcatcher etc.

I'm still hopeful for more Network....I mean, 2020 would be the perfect time for them to make a comeback!  I agree with you though, The Longshot has the potential to be a real platform for Billie Joe to do whatever he wants between Green Day eras.  Heck, Mike and Tre could help out on songs or not, it gives him complete freedom from any limitations.  He got weird on Razor Baby and more punk than ever on Fever Blister.   Razor Baby was weird, but Billie could take it further, I know he's got it in him to be totally wacky and experimental.  And not that boring, droning 'experimental music', but something fun to listen to. 

Most of us wouldn't want Green Day to make a country, orchestral, dupstep or a death metal album.  It would be a train wreck.  but The Longshot.......why not?!  They could do all of those things in a week and it would be soooo much fun to hear.   So many rock stars are terrible when they go solo for some reason.  But Billie, as always, is doing it right!  

Back to what you were saying about others being available for it, that's interesting too.  The Longshot(s) live could be a rotating line up and it wouldn't effect the quality of releases.   It would be good.  

and Dreamcatcher.....dang, that song haunts us, doesn't it?  

6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't know about that. I hope so, but the 20th anniversary of Dookie and 10th anniversary of American Idiot were pretty much glossed over... it seemed like maybe the band didn't want to be at "that point" of its career, where it was touring on album anniversaries instead of new music, but obviously that's just speculation on my part. But I don't know if much has changed in five years.

Don't get me wrong, I would love an opportunity to actually hear some of the non-singles from those albums... well, really anything off of 21CB. :P 

4 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I don't know about that. I hope so, but the 20th anniversary of Dookie and 10th anniversary of American Idiot were pretty much glossed over... it seemed like maybe the band didn't want to be at "that point" of its career, where it was touring on album anniversaries instead of new music, but obviously that's just speculation on my part. But I don't know if much has changed in five years.

Don't get me wrong, I would love an opportunity to actually hear some of the non-singles from those albums... well, really anything off of 21CB. :P 

Well in 2013, they played Dookie in full at multiple concerts for Dookie being 20 years old in 2014.

I think the reason they didn't do anything in 2014 was because they were on a break. Billie obviously needed one after the trilogy era so nothing was happening during 2014 (besides Demolicious). I think now they want to release more regularly now cause they have said that they'd rather get more music out sooner rather than later.

When I say that I think something will happen, I don't mean a tour just for the album anniversaries. I just mean, they'll probably do something big in 2019 partly because of those anniversaries. Whether that be a new album and tour or something else. I don't think GD just want to be known as a nostalgia act but as an act that's still around and making great new music.

1 hour ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

and Dreamcatcher.....dang, that song haunts us, doesn't it?  

You know, if that track ever gets released, it better be worth the wait! :lol:

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Well in 2013, they played Dookie in full at multiple concerts for Dookie being 20 years old in 2014.

I think the reason they didn't do anything in 2014 was because they were on a break. Billie obviously needed one after the trilogy era so nothing was happening during 2014 (besides Demolicious). I think now they want to release more regularly now cause they have said that they'd rather get more music out sooner rather than later.

When I say that I think something will happen, I don't mean a tour just for the album anniversaries. I just mean, they'll probably do something big in 2019 partly because of those anniversaries. Whether that be a new album and tour or something else. I don't think GD just want to be known as a nostalgia act but as an act that's still around and making great new music.

You know, if that track ever gets released, it better be worth the wait! :lol:

In 2014 they toured Oz & didn't play it in full - I'm still salty 🙃😶

I honestly don't think Green Day give a shit about album anniversaries :lol:. I can only think of one time they've bothered to acknowledge one (Dookie acknowledged by playing it in full at a few shows) and they didn't even bother to get the year right, and didn't bother to acknowledge AI's anniversary whatsoever even though it was the same year and an equally big album. Everyone's always like I wonder if they'll do something because x album is x years old and they never do, they don't care :P 

Lovin this album more each day,  I would love to see them play at Gilman! Would be awesome another hometown show.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:14 PM, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

You're on to something here. What if an album was so good that literally every song could be considered single-worthy? It's all up to those creating it, but wouldn't that be something to behold?

I don't have a particularly new or noteworthy perspective to add to this discussion, however, I'd just like to say that I really love this album. It just feels good to listen to. It has such an upbeat feel to it, even when the lyrics don't. The lyrics are another high point to this album. Billie is such an underrated songwriter and lyricist in the larger scheme of things.

At first i thought the album kinda had a  "Wow this is gr- oh its already over..." issue, but now that we have the 11 extra songs plus devil's kind, that issue isn't a thing anymore and i love it ^^

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived