Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Thank you :wub:

That's what I hear too 

Most of what I can't figure out has been answered now but I have one more question - what's this line at the end of Turn Me Loose chorus: don't call me a loser/ and fshaksllajagfajs/ it doesn't even matter 

He admits he has tongue tied tunes - he knows we can't understand a word he is saying😬

He does say tongue tied - doesn't he?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So - I am a songwriter. I challenged myself to write a Longshot style song. It was super fun - I took traits from the EP (the album wasn't out) like the 1 4 5 chord sequence and minor cadence and things like that. Then the full album comes out and now it just sounds like I ripped them off totally instead of writing in the style of! 

It's even called "Tongue Twister". Turn Me Loose has "tongue tied" in it. There's a few more that I can't even think of right now haha. I have an acoustic demo if any one is really interested, but we are recording it in the studio next week - I'd love people's opinions on it, I think it's pretty close to a Longshot song!  

17 minutes ago, SHART said:

I don't know, he's too tongue tied to be understood :(

I haven't even gotten the "sad album" vybe from this because I didn't understand most of the lyrics! We should ask Billie for the lyrics, too :P

36 minutes ago, J a c said:

I just catched the “just for the record and the afterlife (Haha)” in Turn me loose 14.gif

I thought it was I’m the afterlife?  Still not sure, is it dumb tattoos? I love “ turn me lose but don’t call me a loser”, very Billie Joe to make a word play and reference the title of the album too.  The laugh too, I love this,  got it on repeat :dance:that’s me in the kitchen to this song :lol:

5 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

I haven't even gotten the "sad album" vybe from this because I didn't understand most of the lyrics! We should ask Billie for the lyrics, too :P

I totally get the sad feeling from the album. It's not even that much in what he's singing but the vibe it gives off. They're not actually sad songs but they make me feel a bit :cry:

6 hours ago, Jollyroger118 said:

In happiness after he says "when the war is over" does he say "Someday when i'll be sober? That's what I hear and would be a better rhyme than rhyming over with over. Anyone?

Out of curiosity, would you consider it a change of meaning? 

13 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Out of curiosity, would you consider it a change of meaning? 

I'm gonna say no.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

If only there was a CD with a lyric booklet :(

Sure do 

Happiness: what's is he saying about pyjamas 🤔

7 hours ago, SHART said:

In Soul Surrender does he say "keep me clean and blow my nose" - if so this is the best line of the album - classic BJ:ga:

I hear that too. I never even thought anything of it.:lol:

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I thought it was I’m the afterlife?

I’m quite sure it’s “and the afterlife”. 

I'm not a rebel for my pride, just for the record and [for] the afterlife (Haha)

11 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

can't figure out wtf he has crying in his soul oh baby and a thousand of other things :dry:

I know of at least four people (including me) who heard “I’ve got the diesel, baby” but apparently it’s tears. :lol: 

Which makes no sense. It sounds like he says tears are crying, sort of like how he says “the air is barely breathing” in Revolution Radio. Air doesn’t breathe. It’s breathable. 

8 hours ago, Clockwise said:

The only lyric I'm having an issue deciphering is the Turn Me Loose chorus.

Oh and the end of Taxi Driver's bridge!!!

8 hours ago, squashie09 said:

So turn me loose
I’m only gonna stagger
And April Fools
But I’m not a runner (or running not sure on that part)

“But I’m not a loner”

5 hours ago, Marki. said:

I hear:
don't call me a loser/ with dumb tattoos/ it doesn't matter 

don't know if that's correct :lol: 

Dumb tattoos makes sense but I was hearing “with tongue-tied shoes but it doesn’t matter” It sounds silly but it’s a play on words over physical and social awkwardness. Not 100% sure.

4 hours ago, SHART said:

He admits he has tongue tied tunes - he knows we can't understand a word he is saying😬

I think so. See above comment.

I finally got around to purchasing this album and the “Devils Kind” single on iTunes. I would love a physical copy of them but this will do for now :happy:

18 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

I finally got around to purchasing this album and the “Devils Kind” single on iTunes. I would love a physical copy of them but this will do for now :happy:

It has been confirmed that it will be released physically, just no release date. :)

45 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

“But I’m not a loner”

Dumb tattoos makes sense but I was hearing “with tongue-tied shoes but it doesn’t matter” It sounds silly but it’s a play on words over physical and social awkwardness. Not 100% sure.

I think so. See above comment.

Just listened again and I still hear "But I'm not a-runnin'".

I hear "with dumb tattoos, but it doesn't matter" in the live videos that have been posted. Billie we need lyrics! Post them dang it.

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I know of at least four people (including me) who heard “I’ve got the diesel, baby” but apparently it’s tears. :lol: 

Which makes no sense. It sounds like he says tears are crying, sort of like how he says “the air is barely breathing” in Revolution Radio. Air doesn’t breathe. It’s breathable. 

One of the four here :D. Since reading that it's "tears oh baby" it does sound like that. I guess it depends on whether you look at it as
"I've got the tears oh baby; [they are] crying in my soul"
or
"I've got the tears oh baby; [to put it another way, I'm] crying in my soul" 

:lol: 

What about "I'm sorry what I ever did" in The Last Time? A grammar atrocity (but I suppose poetic license excuses it :P)

why cant a guy who attends the shows ask billie to play "dreamcatcher"? its the best chance... pls do it.. and ask him on the longshot  account like we all did with devils kind 

Waiting patiently for a CD release. I like to pay for music I like but I just can't bring myself to purchase from iTunes when I can't play it in my car.

2 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Grammar isn't his strength. But maybe he meant. I got he tears oh baby/(I'm) crying in my soul. He just omitted a part of the second sentence but sings it aas one :P

28 minutes ago, Hermione said:

One of the four here :D. Since reading that it's "tears oh baby" it does sound like that. I guess it depends on whether you look at it as
"I've got the tears oh baby; [they are] crying in my soul"
or
"I've got the tears oh baby; [to put it another way, I'm] crying in my soul" 

:lol: 

What about "I'm sorry what I ever did" in The Last Time? A grammar atrocity (but I suppose poetic license excuses it :P)

I've learned to get over Billie's grammar issues ever since I realized he can't spell his own setlists ("Hitchen" a Ride) and says "and I could really care less" in Jesus of Suburbia. I'll let him slide since he's cute. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, aydge89 said:

Waiting patiently for a CD release. I like to pay for music I like but I just can't bring myself to purchase from iTunes when I can't play it in my car.

Can you not burn your own discs? I play everything through my iPod via a FM transmitter because the laser in my cd player went out.

8 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

And he could have so easily made it "I'm a hyena" and it would have fit just the same.

He also pronounces hyena oddly.

26 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I've learned to get over Billie's grammar issues ever since I realized he can't spell his own setlists ("Hitchen" a Ride) and says "and I could really care less" in Jesus of Suburbia. I'll let him slide since he's cute. :lol: 

The "could care less" in JOS and Ashley is the one grammatical error I can't overlook. Well, that and the constant verb tense changes in When It's Time. The rest he can get away with. Because he's cute. :)

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived