The Longshot

Beerjeezus

19 minutes ago, Alf said:

probably not, the Ivy Room show is on Friday, the Instagram post was made Wednesday night, in California time

Ah! Time zones confusion :D 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this whole The Longshot thing.. So many teasings and excitement. It's great to see Billie so passionate about music.

Now they just need to tease some east coast shows :lol:!

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

It's already out and we just have to look for it :happy:

@Kuromignonne Did you get your ticket? 

No I have been checking Amazon, Itiunes and Spotify daily, just in case .  As someone already said, the EP is now labelled as a single.

I don't get the love for The Devil's Kind and Happiness. They feel very generic to me.

13 minutes ago, dori1212 said:

I checked the new zealand iTunes Store (It`s already friday there) - No Album tomorrow

I don’t know if that's a good indicator at this point, the roll out of the ep and the additional songs that followed has been less than traditional. I wouldn't be surprised if it’s available in the U.S. first or only available through YouTube first and then streaming later.

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

They're "looking for love," aka Love is for Losers album, tomorrow night. Album release confirmed.

Maybe Billie is also teasing that the "kid" he refers to in "Love is For Losers" (chorus) is himself, like singing for a 5years-old version of him about love. And I love it.

• Hermione locked this topic

I split the discussion about the album into its own thread, so we can have a thread for it now we know it's coming out. All further discussion of the album there please:

• Hermione unlocked this topic
22 hours ago, greendepent said:

My imagination tells me that BJ wanted Mike and Tré for Longshot, but they declined as they are spending quality time with their families :lol:

Tre is currently gigging.  A side project for Billie would not include Mike and Tre by definition.

On 4/15/2018 at 4:48 PM, DookieLukie said:

Green Day is clearly not breaking up, but this solo release really begs the question of which parts of Green Day are really necessary. These three songs have more of a "Green Day" and energetic feel than most of their recent releases. Mike and Tre should take this as a reason to step up their game and contribute more to Green Day than just Billie's backing band.

WTF?! Seriously.

I love this band. I am enjoying it because it is Billie writing.  I would say that the only thing that makes me not LOVE LOVE the band is because it sounds like Green Day with a backing band.  

First of all, Tre pretty much did his best drumming in the studio (and at the beginning of the tour) on RevRad and is considered one of (and by some) the best living rock drummer in the world and certainly he is amazing and especially now.   As for Mike, he has never been THE BEST bassist in the world but he certainly is the best bassist in the world for Green Day.  

The fact that they sound so similar to Green Day songs is the one knock because it sounds to me like a cover band (a good one albeit) covering Green Day songs.  

Tre and Mike aren't holding back Green Day for fuck's sake. Really?

11 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

WTF?! Seriously.

I love this band. I am enjoying it because it is Billie writing.  I would say that the only thing that makes me not LOVE LOVE the band is because it sounds like Green Day with a backing band.  

First of all, Tre pretty much did his best drumming in the studio (and at the beginning of the tour) on RevRad and is considered one of (and by some) the best living rock drummer in the world and certainly he is amazing and especially now.   As for Mike, he has never been THE BEST bassist in the world but he certainly is the best bassist in the world for Green Day.  

The fact that they sound so similar to Green Day songs is the one knock because it sounds to me like a cover band (a good one albeit) covering Green Day songs.  

Tre and Mike aren't holding back Green Day for fuck's sake. Really?

I guess my big concern is that Billie can basically keep Green Day going without Mike and Tre. To me, this sounds like a Green Day album under a different name and lineup.

If anything is holding green day back it’s the fact that everything has to live up to the expectations of green day or the fact that each new album has to continue a sound from the previous release. With this he can just do whatever he wants

28 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I guess my big concern is that Billie can basically keep Green Day going without Mike and Tre. To me, this sounds like a Green Day album under a different name and lineup.

It's just the nature of the band, he's Green Day's songwriter and lead singer so of course songs he writes and performs will sound like Green Day. The majority of how Green Day songs are comes from him, but that doesn't mean Mike and Tre aren't vital to the band for all the other reasons that have been mentioned. I don't know why it's a concern that a songwriter can write similar songs to be played by a different bassist and drummer, it's never been any secret that he's the main contributor to the songs.

I'd actually love to ask Mike and Tre about how much they contribute to each album. I think most of the Green Day we know wouldn't exist without them but obviously BIllie is the driving creative force of the band. However someone feel free to list all the lyrics Mike has contributed to the band never mind the fact that he got the ball rolling on their crown jewel (Homecoming)

17 minutes ago, Jollyroger118 said:

I'd actually love to ask Mike and Tre about how much they contribute to each album. I think most of the Green Day we know wouldn't exist without them but obviously BIllie is the driving creative force of the band. However someone feel free to list all the lyrics Mike has contributed to the band never mind the fact that he got the ball rolling on their crown jewel (Homecoming)

It's also a "greater than the sum of their parts" type of thing I'm sure, the three of them working together and bouncing ideas off each other and their chemistry together in the studio etc must be a huge part of it.

12 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Can we please take a moment to appreciate the fact that he's releasing an album on 4/20? 🍀

tumblr_n5twg3CsFc1s4tqzto2_250.gif 

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

The WAAYYY operative phrase is “to you”.

The drums and bass are easily not Mike or Tre.

If GD out an album and I heard any one track from this album, my response by bar 5 or 6 would be “what’s up with Mike & Tre?”.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:27 PM, BrendanL said:

Hey, I'd love a 7" and would happily pay for the record and shipping. I sent you a PM a few days ago; check it out. Enjoy the show!

Hey there, no problem! The 7" cardboard mailers came early so PM me your address and I'll try to mail them after Record Store Day. 

For everybody else who requested one, I suppose I could buy more tomorrow at the Albany show (if they let me, I already bought 6 and they said only 2 per person, lol). :toocool:

Or maybe you all want to forgo it and just download the Longshot LP when it comes out tomorrow? Let me know and hope this helps, 

4 hours ago, Jollyroger118 said:

Arrangements. Fills. Also great showmans in their own right. More than the half of the charm of this band comes from Mike and Tré. The band is more than just songs and music.

3 hours ago, Admiral_Needa said:

Hey there, no problem! The 7" cardboard mailers came early so PM me your address and I'll try to mail them after Record Store Day. 

For everybody else who requested one, I suppose I could buy more tomorrow at the Albany show (if they let me, I already bought 6 and they said only 2 per person, lol). :toocool:

Or maybe you all want to forgo it and just download the Longshot LP when it comes out tomorrow? Let me know and hope this helps, 

I need one pleaseee, I PM’d you :)

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived