Green Day Garage Sale

bjafan129

Wow, that happened fast. I checked tonight as I completely forgot about this today and nearly all inventory was sold out. Glad to see there's still a huge market for rock gear. I haven't purchased a nice instrument in 20 years so I honestly didn't know how strong the guitar/ gear market still was.

It won't happen for a long time if ever (fortunately) but I wonder what some of his notable stage used equipment (Pete/ Blue) would sell for. I think this would make Blue the single most valuable object I've ever held by far (that's right- I've held it in playing position and have some sweet pics to prove it). It's obviously a priceless artifact but I wonder what it would potentially auction for- I don't have any context aside from Jerry Garcia's "Wolf" selling for $2million. I'm not sure if Wolf was more or less iconic but Blue is likely comfortably worth $1-2million, at least. I wonder what it's declared insurance value might be (assuming it must be insured).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue will never be sold. I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be handed down to Jakob or be given to the Hall of Fame for display/preservation.  I would hate to see that guitar end up in sone rich anonymous collector’s hands.

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Blue will never be sold. I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be handed down to Jakob or be given to the Hall of Fame for display/preservation.  I would hate to see that guitar end up in sone rich anonymous collector’s hands.

I completely agree- it would be wrong on many levels. Fortunately, hopefully it's not something we need to ponder too much since Billie will be touring with it the next 20/ 30 years! My post was more in the theoretical- with Garcia's Wolf posting $2million it had me wondering just for entertainment. But we all know the true value of Blue = priceless.

12 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

I’ll buy Blue if it goes up for sale 

Yeah, me too! You think you and I can scratch a few (maybe five) million together? We can split time with it 50/50 :D.

On 20. 12. 2017 at 10:17 PM, Grubby Poop said:

Well I was really tempted to use the money I had set aside for The Oldests tuition next semester but I would still need $8,500 more so it seemed a mute point

That makes The Oldest quite lucky :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived