The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

2 hours ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Was Billie's hair mostly gray?  It's hard to tell in most of the pictures.

Looks kind of salt and pepper on these

bf01b8fbe532218b87ccffeee627a8f4aa12f3c8

61fa6cfa2f885f56830164d362283f890e917149

65569a2b54ca9ce9be6924fa2aeb893a37898560

b3d11d3c7aa41e2a0c9e8a960d3f3e35e297aadc

From songsaboutnouis on Twitter 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

It looked just brown to me in person on the jumbo screen. I think it’s the light in the photos making it looked like a mix of grey/blonde/brown. But he’s definitely using a lighter color dye these days and I think it’s a kind that washes out because often fan encounters a day later and he’s grey again.

• Like 4

Omg is that eyeliner I see??? 😱

I think it's safe to say our eyeliner initiative worked from afar! Good job everyone 👏

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

Am I the only one who thinks Billie Joe looked totally amazing last night, especially in the photo of the whole band at the start of the night?  https://www.instagram.com/p/CkUYhIVq02E/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
I’m thinking he’s got stuff in his hair, that’s more grey than he has naturally but I love him with style and he reminds me a little of Dave Vanian who has aged really well.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jengd said:

Am I the only one who thinks Billie Joe looked totally amazing last night, especially in the photo of the whole band at the start of the night?  https://www.instagram.com/p/CkUYhIVq02E/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
I’m thinking he’s got stuff in his hair, that’s more grey than he has naturally but I love him with style and he reminds me a little of Dave Vanian who has aged really well.  

I think it’s all natural grey. There’s more on the sides in front and when you sweep it back it’s more visible 

• Like 1

Could be, it’s difficult to tell but either way it looks great.  I think it looks more even in the benefit last night than it did on Friday but @pacejunkie punk you could be right, in which case lucky him to be going grey so nicely!  Looks fab. 

41 minutes ago, jengd said:

Could be, it’s difficult to tell but either way it looks great.  I think it looks more even in the benefit last night than it did on Friday but @pacejunkie punk you could be right, in which case lucky him to be going grey so nicely!  Looks fab. 

It’s greyer at the roots so sweeping it back will show more. It seems like he’s getting more comfortable going natural at Green Day shows so maybe he’ll stop dyeing it (unless it’s just for fun)? Better to stop now than all at once later when it’s totally white. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s greyer at the roots so sweeping it back will show more. It seems like he’s getting more comfortable going natural at Green Day shows so maybe he’ll stop dyeing it (unless it’s just for fun)? Better to stop now than all at once later when it’s totally white. 

Yep, he doesn’t want to do a Tom Jones !😂😂

• Haha 2

One benefit of pure grey, when he gets there is he can easily add a little color here and there like green, blue, purple, pink. I think he looks fabulous. I told pacejunkie punk, I have a thing for good looking men with a full head of grey hair. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

One benefit of pure grey, when he gets there is he can easily add a little color here and there like green, blue, purple, pink. I think he looks fabulous. I told pacejunkie punk, I have a thing for good looking men with a full head of grey hair. 

I think it’s going to turn out we all do 😍 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fan girl confession...I'm having a hard time with the hair.  I mean I think he looks gorgeous either way 😍 but the grey hair is just not sitting well with me right now.  I'm sure I'll get used to it should he decide to keep it but I prefer his hair darker.  Perhaps it's because I recently let mine grow out quite a bit and needless to say, I am going back to the hairdresser stat!  😂 I am in denial I guess!  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Fan girl confession...I'm having a hard time with the hair.  I mean I think he looks gorgeous either way 😍 but the grey hair is just not sitting well with me right now.  I'm sure I'll get used to it should he decide to keep it but I prefer his hair darker.  

Right there with you.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Fan girl confession...I'm having a hard time with the hair.  I mean I think he looks gorgeous either way 😍 but the grey hair is just not sitting well with me right now.  I'm sure I'll get used to it should he decide to keep it but I prefer his hair darker.  Perhaps it's because I recently let mine grow out quite a bit and needless to say, I am going back to the hairdresser stat!  😂 I am in denial I guess!  

I quit dyeing mine when I was in my mid forties and I never looked back. I always did it myself but it was a pleasure to be rid of the chore, the cost and the chemicals. It felt punk to quit, like I was giving the middle finger to the societal pressure and just being more myself.

I’m lucky that I have dark curls like Billie’s and my hair is also a nice salt and pepper blend. I was surprised to find that after I went natural I started getting loads of compliments and people asking me if I color it that way.   I support his decision to stop with the coloring. It feels like freedom. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I quit dyeing mine when I was in my mid forties and I never looked back. I always did it myself but it was a pleasure to be rid of the chore, the cost and the chemicals. It felt punk to quit, like I was giving the middle finger to the societal pressure and just being more myself.

I’m lucky that I have dark curls like Billie’s and my hair is also a nice salt and pepper blend. I was surprised to find that after I went natural I started getting loads of compliments and people asking me if I color it that way.   I support his decision to stop with the coloring. It feels like freedom. 

I support his decision also.  It's more a reflection on myself I guess.  You're lucky you're hair is salt and pepper and looks natural.  Mine is blonde/light brown and with the grey coming in heavier these days, it makes me look so washed out.  Fortunately, my stylist is a genius and with the technique she uses to color my hair, I only have to do it every 6 months or so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Don't worry, I bet he'll be back to black or brown for the album promo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

Don't worry, I bet he'll be back to black or brown for the album promo.

I’ll be curious to see if he is

• Like 2