The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

21 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I took the opportunity to send a short letter to the band and of course, I said Hi Kevin and that I hoped they came back to Chicago soon. I honestly thought I would just get a pick! The letter was a lovely surprise!

No letter for me, but they did DM me some ❤️❤️ and that was cute 🙂

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I may have turned my friend on to Billie! I was talking to him tonight about how genuine and sweet he is and all the reasons I love him aside from the physical attraction. Billie isn't exactly his type, but I'm going to show him some videos and pictures tomorrow and see if I can get him to see that special something that Billie has since I've now gotten him to appreciate his inner beauty.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I may have turned my friend on to Billie! I was talking to him tonight about how genuine and sweet he is and all the reasons I love him aside from the physical attraction. Billie isn't exactly his type, but I'm going to show him some videos and pictures tomorrow and see if I can get him to see that special something that Billie has since I've now gotten him to appreciate his inner beauty.

Always love to hear of a new convert, we’ll done. 

6 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

This is so sweet. I have been doing this lately with one of my best friends. He is straight so this is not a sexual thing with Billie LOL, but I have really gotten him to appreciate the talent of Billie/Green Day. He was already into bands like Linkin Park and The Offspring, so perhaps this was a natural progression LOL. Also, today is his 30th birthday! 

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

My best friend only showed some level of acceptance for my fangirling about Billie after I told him about Longshot and his boyfriend Kevin.

Well that's just rude. :)

No seriously, I am so lucky to have a friend like him. We have been very close for 11 years (met in our first semester of college in a freshman writing class). We have been through so much together. He doesn't care how much I fangirl; he is very supportive and seems to enjoy it actually. And that says a lot since sometimes we are, um, a little more than friends (not a relationship though; he's a free bird, so it's complicated LOL), but he has no jealousy about my fangirling. 

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

Well that's just rude. :)

No seriously, I am so lucky to have a friend like him. We have been very close for 11 years (met in our first semester of college in a freshman writing class). We have been through so much together. He doesn't care how much I fangirl; he is very supportive and seems to enjoy it actually. And that says a lot since sometimes we are, um, a little more than friends (not a relationship though; he's a free bird, so it's complicated LOL), but he has no jealousy about my fangirling. 

I wouldn’t say that’s rude! He just agreed there was something to fangirl about

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wouldn’t say that’s rude! He just agreed there was something to fangirl about

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that he was just kinda being lukewarm about it, like trying to be polite while actually thinking it was weird or something. 😂

My friend is gay and he has different taste in men than I do, but we shall see. I'm sure I can find at least a handful of Billie pics that he'll find hot. Didn't get around to it today.

• Like 1

My friend is gay and he has different taste in men than I do, but we shall see. I'm sure I can find at least a handful of Billie pics that he'll find hot. Didn't get around to it today.

I have a Pinterest board with over 4,500 Billie pics on it. I am sure we can find one that this gentleman will be into. 🤣

50 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I have a Pinterest board with over 4,500 Billie pics on it. I am sure we can find one that this gentleman will be into. 🤣

Omg, that’s worse than me 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

1300 ish on iPad, same again on pc but a lot will be duplicates 😀

Yeah, a number of mine are duplicates too, and a few are shots of the whole band or pics of Mike or Tre. But still, lots of Billie pics to choose from, and I keep finding new ones! 

I was in eastern Washington over the weekend on a trip with two of my friends and I normally refrain from playing Green Day in the car since they aren't as into them as I am, but I just really had a longing to hear them while I was driving home today (it's a 4 hour drive). I only played a handful of songs, but it made me really happy. That is, until I asked my other friend (not the gay one who I was talking about Billie with) if she actually liked it at all. She basically said not particularly and that she would not go out of her way to listen to them and that it kind of sounded like it was just the same song over and over again. :cry:I guess she connects music like Green Day and other similar artists with middle school and high school and has formed kind of a negative association because of that. I was just really sad that she couldn't feel any appreciation or hear what I hear when I listen to them. :( I've always thought that Green Day songs are generally quite different from one another and there are so many interesting nuances in sound and style and I stand by that obviously.

She and another friend are obsessed with BTS, who I don't care for, and all of the songs I've heard by them sound the same to me while she claims they have a lot of variety. It's probably because she's never really listened to any Green Day apart from the more popular songs that are well known and so can't pick up on how diverse their catalogue actually is. I suppose the same goes for me with BTS, but it still makes me feel weird and melancholy that she can't see how special GD are. I don't know. I just feel like Green Day is just objectively such a phenomenal band and Billie is such an outstanding songwriter that it seems like it would be much easier to like their music than to dislike it. I also think that Green Day and just good rock and roll in general is more genuine, real and objectively better than K-pop. I could say that about western pop music as well, though. But K-pop is so cookie cutter, corporate, and fake, even more so than western pop.

I just needed to get that out. Didn't mean it to turn into a mini rant about K-Pop, but it baffles me and it's hard not to bring it up if I mention BTS.

I love Green Day (and Billie) so deeply and so passionately that it hurts me that she can't enjoy their music even a little.

• Like 3

I was in eastern Washington over the weekend on a trip with two of my friends and I normally refrain from playing Green Day in the car since they aren't as into them as I am, but I just really had a longing to hear them while I was driving home today (it's a 4 hour drive). I only played a handful of songs, but it made me really happy. That is, until I asked my other friend (not the gay one who I was talking about Billie with) if she actually liked it at all. She basically said not particularly and that she would not go out of her way to listen to them and that it kind of sounded like it was just the same song over and over again. :cry:I guess she connects music like Green Day and other similar artists with middle school and high school and has formed kind of a negative association because of that. I was just really sad that she couldn't feel any appreciation or hear what I hear when I listen to them. :( I've always thought that Green Day songs are generally quite different from one another and there are so many interesting nuances in sound and style and I stand by that obviously.

She and another friend are obsessed with BTS, who I don't care for, and all of the songs I've heard by them sound the same to me while she claims they have a lot of variety. It's probably because she's never really listened to any Green Day apart from the more popular songs that are well known and so can't pick up on how diverse their catalogue actually is. I suppose the same goes for me with BTS, but it still makes me feel weird and melancholy that she can't see how special GD are. I don't know. I just feel like Green Day is just objectively such a phenomenal band and Billie is such an outstanding songwriter that it seems like it would be much easier to like their music than to dislike it. I also think that Green Day and just good rock and roll in general is more genuine, real and objectively better than K-pop. I could say that about western pop music as well, though. But K-pop is so cookie cutter, corporate, and fake, even more so than western pop.

I just needed to get that out. Didn't mean it to turn into a mini rant about K-Pop, but it baffles me and it's hard not to bring it up if I mention BTS.

I love Green Day (and Billie) so deeply and so passionately that it hurts me that she can't enjoy their music even a little.

That's sad that she just doesn't see (or hear) it. I too believe that Green Day's discog is very diverse, and I do gravitate to rock a lot more than pop; I feel like it speaks more to my own experience. But that's just the thing: we aren't Korean (correct me if you actually are), and that is probably why K-Pop does not speak to us, just the way our music may not speak to someone of a different culture. Each culture has music that reflects its own experiences, so we have to keep that in mind. Thus it isn't really one form being "better" than another. At any rate, I hope your friend will eventually come to love Green Day. ❤️ 

P.S. Has she seen pictures of Billie? That might help. 🤣

@Green Day In Seattle That always sucks when you feel like people don't get it. I kind of had that recently. I was blabbing about how much I loved the new Creeper record to my friend. I was how unique it is and how they did something new yet still made it distinctly them. And his only reaction was meh....it sounds like mcr. And I was so disappointed. I had experience with the album I was hoping to share with him and it just didn't happen. That's why it's so cool to find people on your level with things you like. I mean who knows, when the k pop trend dies (because it will) your friends might come around to Green day. And if not, more for you then 😛

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

P.S. Has she seen pictures of Billie? That might help. 🤣

Oh, of course! She doesn't like him at all. Also she's a lesbian, but that shouldn't matter because you can still appreciate and acknowledge someone's beauty without being necessarily attracted to them. There are plenty of women who I think are really gorgeous, but that doesn't mean I find them sexually attractive. Billie is downright stunning and anyone who can't see that just confounds me. Like, do you have eyes that can see??? 🔥👀  Also I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people on here for whom Billie is an exception to their gender preference. :whistle

16 hours ago, The Grohl said:

@Green Day In Seattle That always sucks when you feel like people don't get it. I kind of had that recently. I was blabbing about how much I loved the new Creeper record to my friend. I was how unique it is and how they did something new yet still made it distinctly them. And his only reaction was meh....it sounds like mcr. And I was so disappointed. I had experience with the album I was hoping to share with him and it just didn't happen. That's why it's so cool to find people on your level with things you like. I mean who knows, when the k pop trend dies (because it will) your friends might come around to Green day. And if not, more for you then 😛

That's why I'm so glad all of you are here! :wub: I don't know what I'd do without GDC! Still, though, it's different than having someone physically there to fangirl with. 😔 Or a super close friend who feels the same.

16 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

@Green Day In Seattle I’m curious to know how or if your friend reacted to Billie’s little joke last year - “We’re the original K-Pop band!” 😂 I remember the fans lost their shit.

I don't think she knows about that, but she probably would have interpreted it as just a dumb joke.

• Like 1

Yeah I still wish some of my IRL friends were fans especially because we could go to future shows together. It always nice to have someone who's physically close to you be into things like that. Somehow my friends and I have similar music tastes but still don't like most of the same bands.

The first Green Day poster for my office came today! Two more are on the way; one should be here in a few days and I am unsure about the third since it is coming from Thailand LOL.

118947418_1569172603254162_5843799721028

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

The first Green Day poster for my office came today! Two more are on the way; one should be here in a few days and am unsure about the third since it is coming from Thailand LOL.

118947418_1569172603254162_5843799721028

Damn, this instantly took me back to 2005 and my 13 year old self. Iconic photo!