Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

This may just be me, but i'm also excited for the fact that we're getting a newer release of 2,000 Light Years Away. Maybe it'll be released with a new mix, or a more losless sound?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

The #blessed tracklist doesn't give me high hopes for this being promoted well :lol: 

Great news though! I wonder if it means the tour rumours for next year are true :ninja: 

I actually hope they don't tour off of this release. I mean of course I would still go to a show or two if they do but the RevRad setlist was already pretty much just a greatest hits setlist so I think a tour for this release would just be the same setlist we have been seeing since RevRad was released.

24 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

It's impossible to do anything without there being "what ifs". Theyll never do anything without some people wanting something else. Thats just how it is :happyhands:

I just think that a live DVD and live album would have been better.

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Moan, moan, moan... Some people will just never be happy. 😜 Personally I was wondering why Jaded wasn’t included with BS but I don’t care. I think JOS is too long for a GH compilation, these were all radio friendly hits.

And seriousness? Really? This is Green Day we’re talking about. Let yourself go 😉

I'm not saying this is bad. I just think that a live DVD and a live album together would have been A LOT better. Seriousness yes, i'm talking about the pic they posted of the tracklist. Really. A screenshot from a iPad. 

17 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

So I guess they're done with Revrad then...we can forget about further singles and videos from that album as they've already moved on to this. :rolleyes:

No, the forever now video will be released the same day. 

I guess i only need to buy the album...

Green day: "okay... *cough* alter boy"

BITCH WHATD YOU CALL ME!? *buys everything*

2 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

AHAHA I said to myself the same thing. I was like ''Oh well I already have a lot of Merch about Green Day, let's just buy the album''
5 min after I buy the big bundle...

3 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

Oh , you completely skipped being a disciple and went straight to God status.
Are they your favorite band? ;) 

44 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Also, if they discontinued ''International Superhits'' there wouldn't be any physical album with J.A.R on it, right?

And Maria (which I love)?  My IS doesn't play anymore, best replace it while I still can.

Well, what a pleasant surprise to start the day. I'm not super duper excited, but I know I'll get it. Green Day have me whipped at this point. I absolutely love the artwork. I was planning on just buying the vinyl myself and asking for the CD for xmas, but someone brought up the whole RevRad vinyl debacle and now I'm not sure. I kind of wanted to order the vinyl bundle with the patches. 

Though I agree with others when they said it should've been a live album. That would've been great. And yeah, it would've been nice if it included songs not featured on ISH.

21 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

I actually hope they don't tour off of this release. I mean of course I would still go to a show or two if they do but the RevRad setlist was already pretty much just a greatest hits setlist so I think a tour for this release would just be the same setlist we have been seeing since RevRad was released.

I guess it might be worse because they'll probably kick off some RevRad stuff for hits they weren't playing. I doubt it'll be a big tour though, maybe just a few shows if it happens. The setlist isn't a huge deal to me though so I hope they do.

52 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Also, if they discontinued ''International Superhits'' there wouldn't be any physical album with J.A.R on it, right? 

the Angus soundtrack is available (on iTunes and digital) 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I've never bought anything from the US Green Day store before but I really really want that disciple CD bundle for Christmas. Does the shipping/fees end up being too bad? I'll probably get it anyway but just wondering.

I always wondered why they even had a UK store because the US one has international shipping and it’s not that bad. And its got more stuff in it :P 

14 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

Relatable. Those assholes know what they’re doing 

Looking at all this religious themed stuff, I'm a little disappointed that there isn't a little Billie figurine doing the jesus pose that he does at the end of St. Jimmy. 

Do you think they'll release the patches separately? I don't know if I really wanna spend close to $50 on this bundle. 

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Greatest hits?

Meh. Big meh.

But the new song and new OW are awesome. Would prefer an EP with these and Otis mixes of Trilogy. 

TRI-L-O-GY Otis mixes yesssssss! 

if this means a new european tour , i might actually be able to go. This time ,i have no school restriction and i have some money. I want to travel but i'm waiting for this to happen.

This made me re listen to Oh Love and it does bring some pleasant memories, gotta love the trilogy nonetheless.

32 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

Great news though! I wonder if it means the tour rumours for next year are true :ninja: 

I hope so! Actually in Poland rumours about European tour are very strong and you know, they didn't come out of nowhere :ninja:

6 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Looking at all this religious themed stuff, I'm a little disappointed that there isn't a little Billie figurine doing the jesus pose that he does at the end of St. Jimmy. 

I didn’t know I needed this until right this second 

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Greatest hits?

Meh. Big meh.

But the new song and new OW are awesome. Would prefer an EP with these and Otis mixes of Trilogy. 

That would have been amazing!! I hope we still get the Otis mixes one day :( 

2 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

I hope so! Actually in Poland rumours about their come back to Europe are very strong and you know, they didn't come out of nowhere :ninja:

Interesting! I've heard a few ~things. Let's hope it's not all bullshit :ninja: 

Well this news was a pleasant surprise :-) not sure if I'm going to buy this, might take a look at the bundles first and then decide. Hopefully it's available for UK residents. Can't wait for the new song and the different version of Ordinary World :) I hope that the new song isn't just a throw away from Revolution Radio and is a top quality Green Day song 

7 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

What an amazing idea! A little Billie on the cross figure dressed as St. Jimmy?  I would love that. And man would that piss people off 😄

I wish it had songs that weren't already on an album.... Like Working Class Hero, I Fought the Law,The Saints Are Coming, Missing You (Otis mix).

11 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I always wondered why they even had a UK store because the US one has international shipping and it’s not that bad. And its got more stuff in it :P 

Because customs are a bitch for the buyer:P

55 minutes ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

The two bonus songs:

Ordinary World [Feat. Miranda Lambert]

Born in the USA

this was a sin

12 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

That. Would. Have. Been. GENIUS.
As great as the bunny is, now that it's being sold and all, I would have loved a figuring of that iconic pose.
Missed opportunities, sigh...

• Khaleesi. changed the title to Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Archived