Green Day Interview on 101 WKQX

Meliciraptor

@Biddymc that is freaking awesome! I would give anything to have seen them on tour in the Lookout days. Heck, I would have invited them to crash on my floor. 🙂

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hermione said:

Good to see the missing part! Also listening again it's funny how Billie blurts out that being on Broadway was "way easier" than playing a GD show, which sounds pretty cocky :lol:, and then gabbles the rest of his answer because he totally realised it sounded that way :P 

I love that part..and love the way he said I am most luckiest bastard? Thank You, very Much!

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched this again because it never gets old and it strikes me every time how random it is that Mike is talking about the East Bay Punk documentary and then Billie is all, "Anyone here ever try Prednisone?" And then Mike mentions it later with Underdog and then Billie again and back and forth like a game until it ended and it was Billie 3, Mike 2.

it made me realize they might have been playing a game. Anyone ever do that where you bet to see if someone can insert a certain word into a conversation or see how many times they can mention a thing and score a point each time? After watching this interview a half a dozen times already it really seems like that's what they were doing. I wonder if they do stuff like that often to keep these things interesting for themselves.  They are just immature enough that I believe this 😄

Well, finally watched this footage from McGregors and who on earth thought it was a good idea to bring in Dmitiri at that point and for so long, no wonder they never forgot him - yeuch!  Just shows the sort of stuff they have had to deal with along way.  I love their faces whe the camera pans round the bandmaster while admitrimismdoing his thing.  Gat that they got' back on track.

On 10.9.2017 at 5:22 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

I just watched this again because it never gets old and it strikes me every time how random it is that Mike is talking about the East Bay Punk documentary and then Billie is all, "Anyone here ever try Prednisone?" And then Mike mentions it later with Underdog and then Billie again and back and forth like a game until it ended and it was Billie 3, Mike 2.

it made me realize they might have been playing a game. Anyone ever do that where you bet to see if someone can insert a certain word into a conversation or see how many times they can mention a thing and score a point each time? After watching this interview a half a dozen times already it really seems like that's what they were doing. I wonder if they do stuff like that often to keep these things interesting for themselves.  They are just immature enough that I believe this 😄

Haha, I know what you mean. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they really did that. We sometimes did that at school with adding certain words into our exams. It was hilarious. 

On 10. 9. 2017 at 5:22 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

There is an interview in which Mike says "sidewalk" in every sentence and Tré keeps asking the interviewer if she's ever "fiddled about".

I think that pretty much confirms they do this. ;)

On September 9, 2017 at 8:22 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Me too.. I've re-watch this interview millions of time..but for different reason then you. I love to rewind the part where Tre talking about backstory of all by myself..and the interaction between Billie and Tre from all interview (these two needed room!.)especially..talking about injury on stage..the way Billie's brush and laugh when Tre mention about clipped his tooth while biting Billie kidney's stone.💞😅

It's great to watch Billie's face when Tre makes that chipped tooth joke. He looks confused for a second and then he gets it and loses it. That dawning of realization is the best 😂

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It's great to watch Billie's face when Tre makes that chipped tooth joke. He looks confused for a second and then he gets it and loses it. That dawning of realization is the best 😂

Tre got him back..because Billie teasing him about his *water broke!*😝

Archived