What if Green Day had quit?

madafaka

13 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Apparently :lol:

Now that's a morbid idea. Imagine them playing to a crowd of weeping fans as Gerard Way or someone like that sings :lol:

Oh God, now you've put that image in my head and I'm dying. :lol:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Boulevard of Brexit Dreams said:

I wonder what would've happened if Billie had died in the summer 2012 due to his alcoholism?

Would Mike and Tre have released the trilogy in Billie's honour? 

It could've had mainstream success, just as Amy Winehouse music had a spike in success oafter her death

i wonder if Mike and Tre would do anything in his honour - would they do a show together ever again?

They had a deal so I'm pretty sure the albums would have to be released. (I typed albuns at first, dammit april fools)

There would have been a spike in sales because people would get nostalgic. 

I honestly want to believe they are decent people who wouldn't milk their friend's demise for money. 

13 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Apparently :lol:

Now that's a morbid idea. Imagine them playing to a crowd of weeping fans as Gerard Way or someone like that sings :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand now we're thinking about who's going to sing in his place for a post-mortem reunion show.

we're prepared for every possible future scenario OMG :lol::shok:

Just now, Jesus of Seneca said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand now we're thinking about who's going to sing in his place for a post-mortem reunion show.

I reckon mike would do lead vocals.

the lineup would be the current touring lineup minus Billie - Mike Tre, Jason White, Jason Freese and Jeff Matika.

Replacing Billie wouldn't feel right, even for one off

7 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

They had a deal so I'm pretty sure the albums would have to be released. (I typed albuns at first, dammit april fools)

There would have been a spike in sales because people would get nostalgic. 

I honestly want to believe they are decent people who wouldn't milk their friend's demise for money. 

If they did release the albums, it wouldn't be for the money. I'm sure that would be the last thing on their mind, considering that they would have just lost their best friend.

1 minute ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Yes!!!

Even though they could rather make a holographic version of him instead of Gerard Way. Maybe less people would weep. 

(Sorry I just love black humor.)

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yes!!!

Even though they could rather make a holographic version of him instead of Gerard Way. Maybe less people would weep. 

(Sorry I just love black humor.)

And the first song is... Wake me Up when September ends

1 minute ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

If they did release the albums, it wouldn't be for the money. I'm sure that would be the last thing on their mind, considering that they would have just lost their best friend.

I don't think they would. I was just saying that I doubt you can easily go "naw ain't gonna release this" when you signed a record deal and recorded three albums, especially in the situation when the studio wants to make as much money as fast as they can because death boosts sales. Especially tragic death at young age. 

4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't think they would. I was just saying that I doubt you can easily go "naw ain't gonna release this" when you signed a record deal and recorded three albums, especially in the situation when the studio wants to make as much money as fast as they can because death boosts sales. Especially tragic death at young age. 

Stop with the whole "tragic death at young age" thing. You're gonna make me cry. :cry:

1 minute ago, Boulevard of Brexit Dreams said:

And the first song is... Wake me Up when September ends

The real question is...would they play Ha Ha You're Dead? 

The real question is...would they play Ha Ha You're Dead? 

I want Ha Ha You're Dead played at my funeral. :D

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah especially as they would want people to hear his last music. A bit like post mortem releases of unfinished books by great authors (Terry Pratchet and the last book in the long earth series is an example, I believe).

Cigarettes and Valentines might have got released at some point as well

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Stop with the whole "tragic death at young age" thing. You're gonna make me cry. :cry:

Seriously, I'm so glad it didn't happen. 

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I want Ha Ha You're Dead played at my funeral. :D

I might want that too. The only regret I'd have is that I won't be able to see faces of those attending. 

Seriously, I'm so glad it didn't happen. 

Amen. And the holograms are just kreepy,... ever seen micheal jackson? ;)

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I really wish they would include more songs written by Mike or Tre on their albums. I love Billie's songs, but J.A.R and Haha You're Dead were both written by Mike and, in my opinion, they are two of the best Green Day songs.

I was going to said something like this. yes I love Most of Billie's song (I said Most!)!but I just wish other two should add to writing or sing more 

So that Billie doesn't feel any more stressful for making record.

4 minutes ago, Boulevard of Brexit Dreams said:

Yeah especially as they would want people to hear his last music. A bit like post mortem releases of unfinished books by great authors (Terry Pratchet and the last book in the long earth series is an example, I believe).

Cigarettes and Valentines might have got released at some point as well

Yeah, post mortem releases are not unusual at all. It's ok as long as the works were meant to be released one day. (At least idk how to feel about personal journals or correspondence being released withought the author's consent.)

I do hope Cigarettes And Valentines will be released evenually, maybe as some kind of bonus material with a different record. 

23 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

I think we've done this topic to death... 😂😨

7 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Amen. And the holograms are just kreepy,... ever seen micheal jackson? ;)

The whole idea of a post mortem show is beyond creepy so why not bring it to another level with a ghost-like hologram? It should take place on Halloween. Michael was pretty scary too. 

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah, post mortem releases are not unusual at all. It's ok as long as the works were meant to be released one day. (At least idk how to feel about personal journals or correspondence being released withought the author's consent.)

I do hope Cigarettes And Valentines will be released evenually, maybe as some kind of bonus material with a different record. 

Yeah with the personal journals (aka: Montage Of Heck, which is great but it still just feels invasive, and like courtney milking money).

And I still hold to the statement that Cigs and Valentines is going to end up released some 50 years later after they're all dead, like Johnny Cash's Out Among The Stars.

How the hell have we gone from "What if Green Day had quit?" to "What would happen if Billie died?" :ermm:

44 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

The whole idea of a post mortem show is beyond creepy so why not bring it to another level with a ghost-like hologram? It should take place on Halloween. Michael was pretty scary too. 

Ghost billie haunts the audience

The last thing it's victims hear is 'I say heeyo'

Sorry I like black humour too 😂

12 minutes ago, Boulevard of Brexit Dreams said:

Ghost billie haunts the audience

The last thing it's victims hear is 'I say heeyo'

Sorry I like black humour too 😂

Oh my god yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! :lol: 

Return of ghost Billie!!!!!!!!!!

188c62540a48c61bbff384db37ee485d.jpg

I'm ready for GD to end so Billie can focus on doing more Foreverly style projects

Archived