Green Day Instagram Photos

BeachBum

I know this isn't a "band tweet", but he apparently made this post before deleting/suspending his insta.

Edit: The Longshot account is still active as of 4:22pm CST

I saw that last post, left a comment and noticed a lot of trolls leaving their usual garbage. Then it was gone.  For a while he was learning to turn off comments. Not sure why he stopped doing that. I support his decision to put down his phone and walk away if that’s what he needs to do but I’ll miss having the archive of old posts to access and I hope this isn’t stressing him out too much.  I worry that there is so much noise and he gets so emotionally invested in what has been going on for the last two years that it could actually have a paralyzing effect on his creativity. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Signe said:

But why... 😭

I'm hoping he is just taking a break and comes back to it in a few days😖

• Like 3

Oh fuck. He was driven from twitter by dumb and rude comments before...unfortunately there's too many dumb and rude people out there.

I'd like to hope it was just a mistake but seems unlikely, hope he'll be back.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I'm hoping he is just taking a break and comes back to it in a few days😖

I’m hoping it’s just a break as well. I can see how it would get tiring seeing the same hate on things you believe or have an unpopular opinion about.

Both Joey & Jakob did the same thing over the last year. Left for a little while then came back. They deleted everything on their profiles when they came back, though. 

• Sad 3

^^the trolls are the reason I don’t post political things on my socials. This past election really showed who was open-minded in my follows and who wasn’t. It became toxic on twitter so I left and only go there sparingly now. I thought Instagram would be better, but alas, the jerks are everywhere. 😞

1 hour ago, squashie09 said:

I’m hoping it’s just a break as well. I can see how it would get tiring seeing the same hate on things you believe or have an unpopular opinion about.

Both Joey & Jakob did the same thing over the last year. Left for a little while then came back. They deleted everything on their profiles when they came back, though. 

Same. It seems lonely without him on there now. 

Darn, I hope he hasn't deleted everything too 

23 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

^^the trolls are the reason I don’t post political things on my socials. This past election really showed who was open-minded in my follows and who wasn’t. It became toxic on twitter so I left and only go there sparingly now. I thought Instagram would be better, but alas, the jerks are everywhere. 😞

Same, they're out of control and very annoying :/

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Oh fuck. He was driven from twitter by dumb and rude comments before...unfortunately there's too many dumb and rude people out there.

I'd like to hope it was just a mistake but seems unlikely, hope he'll be back.

Did he come back to Twitter then right away when that happened? Or?

It makes me sad.  Today, this week, these last few months, the last couple of years... it is  a sad time for our country.  We are so broken.  I don't blame Billie for taking it down.   But today my resolve feels very beaten up.  I suppose he may feel the same.  :( 

Edited by Biddymc

1 hour ago, Biddymc said:

It makes me sad.  Today, this week, these last few months, the last couple of years... it is  a sad time for our country.  We are so broken.  I don't blame Billie for taking it down.   But today my resolve feels very beaten up.  I suppose he may feel the same.  :( 

I know, but his online presence was a source of strength and inspiration for me. What will I do now? 😢

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I know, but his online presence was a source of strength and inspiration for me. What will I do now? 😢

Yes, this.  It was the same for me, pacejunkie.  Maybe he will just stick to the Longshot account?  It is a friendlier place.  But I really like that he used his BJA account as a platform.  Of course, the sadder truth, there is no changing trolls and they end up dominating the conversation and bullying and picking fights with other fans, who may not be as secure as Billie, a grown adult.  I worry about my own kids navigating through all that toxicity.  Maybe Billie did not shut it down for himself (of course maybe he did, because it is so consistently bloody awful!), but maybe he is also concerned about actually providing a platform for the trolls.  I don't know, but it just really struck me and made me sad, for him and for all of us here, because there is so much polarization and the spin is out of control.  I do sometimes feel a little hopeless about it all.

1 minute ago, Biddymc said:

Yes, this.  It was the same for me, pacejunkie.  Maybe he will just stick to the Longshot account?  It is a friendlier place.  But I really like that he used his BJA account as a platform.  Of course, the sadder truth, there is no changing trolls and they end up dominating the conversation and bullying and picking fights with other fans, who may not be as secure as Billie, a grown adult.  I worry about my own kids navigating through all that toxicity.  Maybe Billie did not shut it down for himself (of course maybe he did, because it is so consistently bloody awful!), but maybe he is also concerned about actually providing a platform for the trolls.  I don't know, but it just really struck me and made me sad, for him and for all of us here, because there is so much polarization and the spin is out of control.  I do sometimes feel a little hopeless about it all.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he also deactivated the longshot account.

8 hours ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Did he come back to Twitter then right away when that happened? Or?

When he started on twitter he would post facts about GD songs and talk to fans/answer questions all the time. Then people kept being rude to him, and specifically were being shitty to him because he liked Lady Gaga and went to see her show (there's a video of him talking to a fan about this outside the AI musical) so he stopped interacting with fans on there and never really started again (and he confirmed that was the reason to another fan who met him). 

Oh hey there's a thread for talking about Billie deleting (actually just suspending I believe) his Instagram now, so let's keep the discussion there:

• Like 1

Did you save some pictures? Like the ones where he was taking a shower or the video where he played guitar as a kid? Is it somwhere here?