Updated: Green Day win "Rock Song of the Year" at iHeart Radio Music Award

Forever Now

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like they are showing the Snapchat clips of the artists who couldn't be there and that's it. Twenty One Pilots won a bunch of things but aren't there so they just showed their Snapchat clip. They show the clips right before the commercials and I think Green Day will be shown before the next one. Then we can all be spared watching any more of this.

Will they be eligible for other categories next year, like with the Grammys? Which by the way I will be very surprised if they don't win several Grammys next year. 

6 hours ago, Tinkle said:

I thought it was a fan vote?

Anyways it was the best/my favourite song of the year.

I honestly don't know, but we didn't get to vote (did we?! Don't tell me I missed it too :lol:). Also this is what they wrote:

Nominees and winners were determined by iHeartMedia, Inc. based on industry data from Mediabase and BigChampagne, fan feedback and guidance from experts, including iHeartRadio programmers from multiple radio formats.

I agree though, it was totally my favorite song of the year too!

6 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Did they win:ermm: Im not up to date with anything.....

Yes they did! :)

5 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Will they be eligible for other categories next year, like with the Grammys? Which by the way I will be very surprised if they don't win several Grammys next year. 

Several Grammys??

Id be surprised if they are nominated for even one.

33 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Several Grammys??

Id be surprised if they are nominated for even one.

I don't see why not? Bang Bang and Still Breathing did quite well. I'd take a guess at one or two nominations. There's not a whole lot of competition in the rock categories.

Nice!

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

I don't see why not? Bang Bang and Still Breathing did quite well. I'd take a guess at one or two nominations. There's not a whole lot of competition in the rock categories.

Missing the date for this year's Grammys by a week won't have done them any favours though. I think the material being a year old and mostly forgotten (they've done well but not massively well) when the nominations are done is going to make it quite a lot less likely to happen.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Nice!

Missing the date for this year's Grammys by a week won't have done them any favours though. I think the material being a year old and mostly forgotten (they've done well but not massively well) when the nominations are done is going to make it quite a lot less likely to happen.

Yeah, there is that. But then again the year isn't over yet and there are still singles to come and tour dates to happen. I'm not expecting any nominations for Record of the Year or anything but I would be relatively optimistic of a nomination in one of the Rock categories!

16 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Yeah, there is that. But then again the year isn't over yet and there are still singles to come and tour dates to happen. I'm not expecting any nominations for Record of the Year or anything but I would be relatively optimistic of a nomination in one of the Rock categories!

Well I hope so anyway! Would be well deserved

6 hours ago, Jenn. said:

Wasn't Bang Bang released in time to be nominated for the grammys that took place this year??

30 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Wasn't Bang Bang released in time to be nominated for the grammys that took place this year??

That's a good point :lol: I actually don't know how the song thing works, I guess that's out then :P 

32 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Yes, Bang Bang was released in time to make the Grammy's.  However, Rev Rad and Still Breathing were not.    

35 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Yes, Bang Bang was released in August.
However, I do believe the band/their team has to submit their nomination, before all of the nominations are narrowed down by the voting academy.
Here is a quote from the Grammy site for the awards this year:

Entries are recordings submitted for GRAMMY consideration. Entries that meet all eligibility requirements are then voted on by The Academy's Voting Members, and the results of that vote are the nominations. For the 59th Annual GRAMMY Awards, albums must be released between Oct. 1, 2015 and Sept. 30, 2016.

For the 59th Annual GRAMMY Awards, albums must be released between Oct. 1, 2015 and Sept. 30, 2016. Recordings must be commercially released in general distribution in the United States, i.e. sales by label to a branch or recognized independent distributor, via the Internet, or mail order/retail sales for a nationally marketed product.  Recordings must be available for sale from any date within the eligibility period through at least the date of the current year’s voting deadline (final ballot).

Edit: Plus infographic

grammy_infographic_2015_update_full.jpg

32 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

1 minute ago, Jenn. said:

That's a good point :lol: I actually don't know how the song thing works, I guess that's out then :P 

That's a shame too cus it might've had a chance if released at a different time. RevRad will be a year old by the time of the next grammys come so that might have trouble winning or even being nominated. Still Breathing will also be pretty old but might still have a chance. I'm sure it'll be nominated anyway. And who knows, maybe the next single might win

4 hours ago, Paola17 said:

Yes, Bang Bang was released in August.
However, I do believe the band/their team has to submit their nomination, before all of the nominations are narrowed down by the voting academy.
Here is a quote from the Grammy site for the awards this year:

Well weather they did or didn't submit their nomination its the only year Bang Bang would be able to win a Grammy, so the chance for Bang Bang is gone.

Bang Bang was the lead single and best song on the album. It was not nominated for a Grammy so I don't see why the album itself or Still breathing would be nominated. Obviously I hope i'm wrong but i just don't see a Grammy in Green Day's future for anything on this album. Its a shame but I still think the album is great.

11 hours ago, Jenn. said:

I'd take a guess at one or two nominations.There's not a whole lot of competition in the rock categories.

Well that kind of devalues the worth of any Grammy won in this category then.

Archived