Updated: Green Day win "Rock Song of the Year" at iHeart Radio Music Award

Forever Now

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was this voted on by fans or in another way? Anyway, thrilled they won. I wonder if they'll show this acceptance on the broadcast or just skip over this category.

19 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Was this voted on by fans or in another way? Anyway, thrilled they won. I wonder if they'll show this acceptance on the broadcast or just skip over this category.

No, it seems these are voted by people from the radio and critics, don't know who tho :P 

On 1/4/2017 at 1:59 PM, unextraordinarygirl said:

Bang Bang is the only good song on that list IMO. Sorry but Dark Necessities sucks. All RHCP songs sound the same. 

This EXACTLY!!  In total agreement that all RHCP songs sound the same.  Every. Single. One.

Ok, obviously they weren't there to perform, but did (or will) iHeartRadio broadcast any other performance? I mean, I've heard that they sometimes broadcast a song performed by a band somewhere else, if that band is busy touring and can't attend.

1 minute ago, MilleniumFan said:

Ok, obviously they weren't there to perform, but did (or will) iHeartRadio broadcast any other performance? I mean, I've heard that they sometimes broadcast a song performed by a band somewhere else, if that band is busy touring and can't attend.

Again, I think it's a question of whether they can fit in all the categories during the broadcast and which categories they deem important enough for it. I'm guessing they're not showing a GD performance since they haven't advertised it, but who knows. Did this video clip come from the web site for the Iheartradio awards? If so they may just have it on there and that's it.

6 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Did this video clip come from the web site for the Iheartradio awards? If so they may just have it on there and that's it.

The user that posted the video said it was from iHeartRadio Snapchat.

6 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

The user that posted the video said it was from iHeartRadio Snapchat.

Oh thanks, maybe they will show that clip then along with some recorded performance footage.

Ok, can anyone watching this (or who has watched it) tell me then, what was broadcasted at all in connection with Green Day's win?

2 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

Ok, can anyone watching this (or who has watched it) tell me then, what was broadcasted at all in connection with Green Day's win?

The program will be aired tonight in the U.S.  We'll find out then.

4 hours ago, tinamariek4 said:

This EXACTLY!!  In total agreement that all RHCP songs sound the same.  Every. Single. One.

That is completely false. Maybe you should actually dive into their entire discography before making such a stupid statement. Maybe listening to songs pre- Californication and not just base that idiotic statement off of hits. 

1 hour ago, Jake69 said:

That is completely false. Maybe you should actually dive into their entire discography before making such a stupid statement. Maybe listening to songs pre- Californication and not just base that idiotic statement off of hits. 

You have your opinion, I have mine.  I don't think your opinion is stupid and I wish you would respect mine.  Opinions differ, that's a fact.  Respect ALWAYS.  

1 hour ago, lizziebix said:

The program will be aired tonight in the U.S.  We'll find out then.

Is it normal to announce the awards before the programme is shown on TV?  I always thought awards shows were live.

12 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Is it normal to announce the awards before the programme is shown on TV?  I always thought awards shows were live.

This one wasn't live.  That was last night and they filmed it all and will cut it down to fit the allotted time on TV.  Thus, it's on tonight. 

Not all are live, most are though.

2 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

When will the program be on, say in CST time? 

7pm CST.  Still looking for which channel.  It'll be on TBS, TNT & TruTV.

1 minute ago, Tinkle said:

Did they win:ermm: Im not up to date with anything.....

8 hours ago, jengd said:

They won!  Yeahhhhhh.

Just now, Tinkle said:

Did they win:ermm: Im not up to date with anything.....

Yes they did, there's a vid of them accepting it in this post:

8 hours ago, MaraGreenDay said:

Yaayy they won!! :dance:

Just now, Second favourite son said:

Yes they did, there's a vid of them accepting it in this post:

I just saw that - I thought this happened ages ago.

7 hours ago, Shahd said:

I feel like they let them win on purpose :lol:

I thought it was a fan vote?

Anyways it was the best/my favourite song of the year.

• Fuzz changed the title to Updated: Green Day win "Rock Song of the Year" at iHeart Radio Music Award

Archived