Updated: Green Day win "Rock Song of the Year" at iHeart Radio Music Award

Forever Now

8 minutes ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I knew someone was going to reply like this!! :D

In terms of TØP, I don't mind Lane Boy and Heathens! 

well the typical GDC response would be like "fuck them they are not even rock!". So I am not sure how you could of thought that when thats how everyone here would respond. (the one that I said) :P

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eric said:

well the typical GDC response would be like "fuck them they are not even rock!". So I am not sure how you could of thought that when thats how everyone here would respond. (the one that I said) :P

Haha, I meant that I knew there would always be that one person who'll say that TØP deserved it! :lol: 

In fairness they do, even though I wouldn't consider myself a fan. They've earned practically everything they've gotten for themselves in the last couple of years!  

My issue with Twenty One Pilots is not necessarily their music, but rather the fact they are classified as a rock band. Their genre is hip hop infused alternative with some rock leanings. One could say that the Peppers are mostly funk-infused, but they are still intrinsically a rock band. Maybe my concept of rock music is narrow-minded and rather classical (Who, Queen, Rush, Pink Floyd, Stones), but I don't think we should too easily lob alternative bands together with rock acts.

10 minutes ago, Dakke said:

My issue with Twenty One Pilots is not necessarily their music, but rather the fact they are classified as a rock band. Their genre is hip hop infused alternative with some rock leanings. One could say that the Peppers are mostly funk-infused, but they are still intrinsically a rock band. Maybe my concept of rock music is narrow-minded and rather classical (Who, Queen, Rush, Pink Floyd, Stones), but I don't think we should too easily lob alternative bands together with rock acts.

It's ok, most here are narrow-minded  when it comes to music! :lol: 

I love sound of silence and bang bang, they're both awesome! But I think the tie - breaker is definitely the fact that sound of silence is a cover. And I think BOTH versions are amazing, despite what anyone says, they are just two different versions. Also, I half just want Green Day to win just for the fact that pretty much everyone I know would pick Sound of Silence over Bang Bang. I don't get why literally no one I know likes them, drives me nuts! :runaround: 

12 hours ago, Haushinka! said:

Maybe it's just me, but judging from the nominations alone, it looks like they want to give it to Green Day. This list makes it seem like a no-brainer. 

Wow, I just realized they have an "Alt-Rock Song of the Year" AND a "Rock Song of the Year" category, and RHCP are nominated in both for the same song. :rolleyes:

Christ, why are they in alt-rock?

12 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Bang Bang is the only good song on that list IMO. Sorry but Dark Necessities sucks. All RHCP songs sound the same. 

:blink:

Correct me if im wrong but isn't bang bang more alternative than dark necessities? 

20 hours ago, Jake69 said:

Don't kill me but Dark Necessities should win it. I think it was the best song of 2016. 

I agree.  Dark Necessities is an amazing song, one of the best Chili Peppers songs ever.  The rest of the Getaway on the other hand......

56 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I agree.  Dark Necessities is an amazing song, one of the best Chili Peppers songs ever.  The rest of the Getaway on the other hand......

Woah man, there's some class songs in there, sick love, goodbye angels, go robot, the final three tracks are all quality 

but yeah anyway - dark necessities is a solid rival for bang bang

2 minutes ago, JoeFrusciante said:

Woah man, there's some class songs in there, sick love, goodbye angels, go robot, the final three tracks are all quality 

but yeah anyway - dark necessities is a solid rival for bang bang

I have to disagree.  As amazing as Dark Necessities is, I found the rest of The Getaway unlistenable.  However, Dark Necessities is one of the best songs of 2016, better than Bang Bang.  Yes, I said that out loud 

31 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I have to disagree.  As amazing as Dark Necessities is, I found the rest of The Getaway unlistenable.  However, Dark Necessities is one of the best songs of 2016, better than Bang Bang.  Yes, I said that out loud 

It's definitely up there

7 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

I agree but I think are a lot of great songs on there. I think go robot is even better than dark. The record is very different than anything they ever done so I can see how some people may not like it though. It's a lot more chill and laid back than all of their albums. I dig it though. 

I couldn't even get through one listen of Go Robot, halfway through it annoyed the crap out of me so much I had to skip it.  However, it was worth it just for Dark Necessities. 

4 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Wow, really? Harsh. I love it. 

Not harsh at all.  I think Rev Rad is one of the best albums ever, and you don't like it.  Everyones taste is different.  

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

I meant a harsh review of the song. Not everyone has like what I like. I'm not offended that you don't like the song. :lol:

I didn't think you were.  Still don't think it was harsh, but no big deal.

i have a feeling RHCP or Disturbed will win it. 

Green Day is more alternative ..... but i think Delain should have been nominated for Suckerpunch or Danse Macabre in the rock category. 

Personally, I'd have nominated Forever Now, but alas it ain't on the list. Green Day's epics are always underrated outside the fandom.

Whether a song is rock or alternative is kind of a moot point, because it's all rock. It"s just different genres and in my opinion pigeon-holing a song/album/band into a catagory is stupid.

When ya make a whole audience stand up at an AMA performance and give a standing ovation...   the band that performed the song deserves to win best whatever genre category song blah blah blah.  GD wins my vote.  Also abortion... the U.S. needs to uphold roe v wade...  too many handicapped fucks that take my taxpayer money so they can live on my dime with deformed heads and bodies.  Hitler may have had a point.  Tim knows what I'm talkin' bout.  October 2017. 

• 1 month later...

This is tomorrow. Not sure where the event takes place but GD have a show tomorrow so are most probably not attending but hopefully they win!

I'm wondering if they'll even show the rock song category GD is up for. The didn't even show Best Rock Album during the Grammy telecast. It makes me so sad to see rock relegated to the pre-broadcast categories. And by the way Cage The Elephant won that and dammit they should have had them perform.

On 1/4/2017 at 11:11 AM, xnovacaine said:

Looks like Green Day have been nominated for "Rock Song of the Year" for "Bang Bang" at The 2017 iHeartRadio Music Awards! 

Rock Song of the Year:

"Bang Bang" - Green Day
"Dark Necessities" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Take Me Down" – The Pretty Reckless
"The Devil's Bleeding Crown" – Volbeat
"The Sound Of Silence" - Disturbed

http://news.iheart.com/features/iheartradio-music-awards-15/articles/15/490103/drake-the-chainsmokers-more-nominated-for-15435573/

Damn they're up against good acts. I really want green day or the pretty reckless to get it. I own both of their new albums and listen to them on repeat

• Fuzz changed the title to Updated: Green Day win "Rock Song of the Year" at iHeart Radio Music Award

Archived