Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Question from one of my students: Did Green Day ever play a show in Hampton, New Hampshire (hometown of said student)? I have been searching the Internet and the closest I can find is a show at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH, in 2005 as part of the American Idiot tour. Does anyone know something I don't?

10 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Question from one of my students: Did Green Day ever play a show in Hampton, New Hampshire (hometown of said student)? I have been searching the Internet and the closest I can find is a show at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH, in 2005 as part of the American Idiot tour. Does anyone know something I don't?

Closest I could find was them playing at the University of New Hampshire in Durham in 1994.

3 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Closest I could find was them playing at the University of New Hampshire in Durham in 1994.

I actually did just find that in my search! Thanks! Yeah, that was the closest I could find too. Glad to know we are on the same page. :) 

I really love 21 Guns too. It's not their best song of course, and certainly not Billie's best ballad, but it's still special to me. It made me sad when they stopped playing it live for a long time.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I really love 21 Guns too. It's not their best song of course, and certainly not Billie's best ballad, but it's still special to me. It made me sad when they stopped playing it live for a long time.

The bridge gives me goosebumps every time ❤️ 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I have a theory about that song that I can’t talk about on GDC because of the forum guidelines.

What about on Reddit? 

12 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Which show is considered to be the longest Green Day concert ever? Maybe some stop during the 21stCB World Tour?

i think irving plaza 2012 could be a contender.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomcat20 said:

Which show is considered to be the longest Green Day concert ever? Maybe some stop during the 21stCB World Tour?

I'd say Costa Rica 2010. It was slightly over four hours. After that probably the Warfield in 2005 when the Network opened 

Setlist here https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2010/estadio-ricardo-saprissa-san-jose-costa-rica-bd57542.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This may be a little off topic from Green Day related questions. In general, for interviews in magazines in  the US, do reporters ever have the band check the manuscript before publication?

I was surprised to hear recently that this is customary in Japan, but I'd like to know how it really is in the US.

On 12/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, Laly said:

What's the name of the guitar Billie plays in Minority in Bullet In A Bible? I've been searching on my own but I can't find it...

its a black Gibson ES-335, if I'm not mistaken.

Did the band change their gear between the 21st CB era and the Trilogy era? Watching live footage from 21st CB era shows, the guitars and also the sound of the PA seemed to be much more punchier at these shows, compared to any other era after it.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 2:55 PM, Tomcat20 said:

Did the band change their gear between the 21st CB era and the Trilogy era? Watching live footage from 21st CB era shows, the guitars and also the sound of the PA seemed to be much more punchier at these shows, compared to any other era after it.

Considering the fact that they lost money instead of making profit during 21st CB Tour, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons they lost money was to have better sound overall.

I remember how much fucking effort they did put in to those shows. Hell, they had lyrics for She in the background, that custom video playing after 21 Guns solo was finished, different lighting for each song, pyro and so on. 99 Revolutions Tour didn't feature anything else than few cameras and big Green Day logo (+ Dookie Album Cover in few shows) and Tour itself was so much shorter compared to 21st CB Tour.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2022 at 11:55 PM, Tomcat20 said:

Billie essentially changes guitars every tour. He obviously keeps some staple guitars for a few different tours (or Blue for every tour) but he’s always swapping and changing

As for the sound system, I’m not sure what exactly they use but it’s entirely possibly they upgraded some stuff, or their tech teams skills improved 

• Like 2

Anyone recognize what these are from? I'm guessing the second is from BIAB, but I can't remember.
b7b43c0fb1d466a14064bd89ee3a22b717e0c638
tumblr_ot19tzq7dq1v6yr7io3_500.gifv

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

Anyone recognize what these are from? I'm guessing the second is from BIAB, but I can't remember.
b7b43c0fb1d466a14064bd89ee3a22b717e0c638
tumblr_ot19tzq7dq1v6yr7io3_500.gifv

The first one is from WMUWSE in Portugal (2013) and its made from this video here. The second one is BIAB, specifically during the pause inbetween King For A Day and Shout

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Liam said:

Billie essentially changes guitars every tour. He obviously keeps some staple guitars for a few different tours (or Blue for every tour) but he’s always swapping and changing

As for the sound system, I’m not sure what exactly they use but it’s entirely possibly they upgraded some stuff, or their tech teams skills improved 

Didn't they also swapped their amps and heads between 21st CB and the trilogy to create a more clean sound? Could this have affedted their general sound during live shows?

• Like 1

Do any of you know how are now those fans from 'Bullet in a Bible'? The guy with mohawk, mother with daughter and the punk couple. Maybe they're still active in the media as GD fans or just concert goers? Just wondering.

6 hours ago, greenalert997x said:

Do any of you know how are now those fans from 'Bullet in a Bible'? The guy with mohawk, mother with daughter and the punk couple. Maybe they're still active in the media as GD fans or just concert goers? Just wondering.

I know one of the English guys, the guy who comes in too early on American Idiot! I heard one of the couples got married too

• Like 1
  • Love 2