Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

33 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Does anyone know which kind of sounds Jason Freeze plays on the keyboard during the shows? Does he play on every song or not on all? In some songs, like WMUWSE it‘s an organ-like tone, but does he play a „regular“ piano sound in other songs? 🤔

I remember at the St James Theatre he sat out the oldies like Only of You 

• Like 2

Off the top of my head I know he plays a harpsichord-like tone on Viva La Gloria (Little Girl) and regular piano on !Viva La Gloria! and 21 Guns.

• Like 2

Is it just me or is Jason playing the 21 Guns solo differently nowdays?, i've tried to compare it to the ones on the 21st Century Breakdown Tour and it doesnt sound the same to me, has anybody else noticed?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alekshf96 said:

Is it just me or is Jason playing the 21 Guns solo differently nowdays?, i've tried to compare it to the ones on the 21st Century Breakdown Tour and it doesnt sound the same to me, has anybody else noticed?

link an example

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alekshf96 said:

At 3:10

At 3:07

yeah in the first one he changes literally a single note in the restatement (goes E C D instead of E F D) for some reason. sounds like more of a difference than it is cause it changes the whole contour of that little part. then in both he squeals the high note but that's more of a flourish than a real change

36 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Has Mike, Billie or Tré had an actual day job before?

Mike was a cook in 1990 and Tre worked as a pizza delivery guy in 91, but I don't think they've done anything since. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Has Mike, Billie or Tré had an actual day job before?

17 minutes ago, Todd said:

Mike was a cook in 1990 and Tre worked as a pizza delivery guy in 91, but I don't think they've done anything since. 

Billie also said he worked at a pizza place in high school and had a brief job selling newspaper subscriptions.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BillieJoe727 said:

Are there photo threads dedicated to specific shows?

There used to be when I joined but they don't exist anymore and currently the picture vault is out of action 

8 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

There used to be when I joined but they don't exist anymore and currently the picture vault is out of action 

Okay, thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you have any knowledge about Jason White that is not easily found on the internet?  

I'm preparing a deep dive on him, and like Chris Dugan, it's hard to find much about his life.     According to the internet, he was born, nothing happened for a long time, and then he joined 20+ punk bands.  

Haha.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

Do any of you have any knowledge about Jason White that is not easily found on the internet?  

I'm preparing a deep dive on him, and like Chris Dugan, it's hard to find much about his life.     According to the internet, he was born, nothing happened for a long time, and then he joined 20+ punk bands.  

Haha.  

There's an old interview (I don't remember where - sorry) that said he liked to get home from tour, close the curtains and hang out with his cats. I assume that was before he got married 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

There's an old interview (I don't remember where - sorry) that said he liked to get home from tour, close the curtains and hang out with his cats. I assume that was before he got married 

Were they.....BIG cats?   

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, That Dude said:

Haha.  

He did a couple of podcasts recently where he goes into a lot of detail about his life and stuff

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:13 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

He did a couple of podcasts recently where he goes into a lot of detail about his life and stuff

Oh, thank you! I better give those a listen before making the definitive deep dive on his life. 

I did find some stuff his wife posts to social media.  It's funny to see Billie Joe just casually in family photos and stuff, Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what year Kevin Preston was born? I googled it and got nothing.  I know he’s a lot younger than the Green Day guys.  

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can anyone tell me what year Kevin Preston was born? I googled it and got nothing.  I know he’s a lot younger than the Green Day guys.  

I'm sure I saw somewhere that he was 42 so that would make it 1979 but I can't remember for the life of me where I saw that :lol:

5 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'm sure I saw somewhere that he was 42 so that would make it 1979 but I can't remember for the life of me where I saw that :lol:

Pretty sure he’s still in his thirties I just can’t find the exact year.  He was a little kid when they shot Full House (and he appeared around 1990?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Pretty sure he’s still in his thirties I just can’t find the exact year.  He was a little kid when they shot Full House (and he appeared around 1990?)

That episode was in 1993 and he couldn't have been more than what? 7?

• Like 2

Going by this it sounds like he was born in 86 or 87:

In 2008 Green Day had a brief electrifying moment of spontaneity that resulted in a side project under the moniker Foxboro Hot Tubs. “The short story is Billie just wanted to sing and I got the call.” Then Dirnt suggested it to Armstrong for Preston to play guitar. Initially just one or two shows were planned. They went on a small tour including the Roxy show I attended in West Hollywood. “Foxboro only plays when you least expect it. I only hear about it the night before or something.” Going back to Billie Joe Armstrong and Kurt Cobain being the genesis of Preston’s musical journey, this was a moment of gratitude and surprise. “Green Day was my Beatles. If I told my twelve year old self what I would be doing not ten years after the fact, I would have died.” Not too long after that tour, Prima Donna’s first LP After Hours had been released on Acetate Records.