Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

For some reason, this just popped into my head and I can't think of who it was.  I remember there was a story about Billie getting into a fight with some other artist in the punk scene and I can't think of who it was.  I feel like there was an awards ceremony involved (either the fight happened there or this artist was supposed to present GD with an award).  I remember the guy did an interview taking about the incident where he made fun of Billie's height.  Anyone remember who this was?

5 hours ago, Montclare said:

For some reason, this just popped into my head and I can't think of who it was.  I remember there was a story about Billie getting into a fight with some other artist in the punk scene and I can't think of who it was.  I feel like there was an awards ceremony involved (either the fight happened there or this artist was supposed to present GD with an award).  I remember the guy did an interview taking about the incident where he made fun of Billie's height.  Anyone remember who this was?

A guy from Exploited???

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

A guy from Exploited???

Yes! Thank you! That was driving me crazy.

• Like 1

Has anyone here ordered anything from the Green Day store? I saw a t-shirt I want and I usually don't buy much merch but I am tempted this time. Just curious what the experience was like ordering from them, like how long it took, customer service issues, etc. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Montclare said:

It has its own section on the guy's wikipedia page :lol::

Feud with Green Day
At an awards ceremony for a music magazine, Buchan was presenting an award that was won by Green Day, a band that Buchan hates. Buchan had to present the award to Green Day. Buchan alleged that during the after-party Green Day member Billie Joe Armstrong confronted him and said "when you die, I'm going to be standing over your grave, laughing at ya." Buchan said he then responded to Armstrong, saying to Armstrong: "I've got something you'll never have, mate. You could have a big record company and loads of money but I've got something you'll never have, and that's respect from the punks. You can not buy that, you have to earn it." The two then had to be separated by onlookers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wattie_Buchan#Feud_with_Green_Day

...and then everyone clapped lmao. If it really happened exactly like that (although I doubt it - plus it leaves out whatever he said when presenting the award) sounds like one of the most hilarious confrontations of all time :lol: 

• Haha 4

Agreed!

I clicked through to the interview for the full account from the man himself

It’s like, years ago I had to present a music award in London, and I had to present an award to Green Day, and I fucking hate Green Day – they’re shit – and I was sitting there after the awards, with me ex-girlfriend, sitting there pissed and Billie Joe himself comes over with about ten of his wee cronies, his pals. And he stands, and the guys like a midget, a troll, he’s like a fucking hobbit. He goes “One day I’m gonna be standing over your grave laughing at you”, so I looked at my girlfriend and I just laughed and then I stood up and I bent over. I could have just punched him in the face but he’s like a child he’s that small. So I said to him, “I’ve got something you’ll never have, mate. You could have a big record company and loads of money but I’ve got something you’ll never have, and that’s respect from the punks. You can not buy that, you have to earn it.” So respect from people, that’s more important to me than money. These are things that make my life worthwhile.

So apparently he didn't even call him short (just commented it while telling the story lol) and Billie just spontaneously came over and said that lmao. I'm sure he said something while presenting the award to provoke it - still hilarious either way though

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Has anyone here ordered anything from the Green Day store? I saw a t-shirt I want and I usually don't buy much merch but I am tempted this time. Just curious what the experience was like ordering from them, like how long it took, customer service issues, etc. Thanks!

The only issues I've had with the online store were my digital downloads not arriving and my RevRad pre-order arriving late. Nothing major and as far as I remember they replied quite quickly about the downloads. You shouldn't have any problems with a shirt.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

The only issues I've had with the online store were my digital downloads not arriving and my RevRad pre-order arriving late. Nothing major and as far as I remember they replied quite quickly about the downloads. You shouldn't have any problems with a shirt.

Thank you so much!

The store was also fine for me when I ordered a God's Favourite Band bundle (only time I've used it I think). And that's with international shipping as well so seems more than likely that it's fine when ordering in the US.

2 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I've only used it to buy Father of All. It arrived a couple of days/maybe a week? later 
I didn't have any problem but I suggest you to choose the tracked shipping :)

And I've just seen the moto skeleton zip hoodie and I need it.

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Agreed!

So apparently he didn't even call him short (just commented it while telling the story lol) and Billie just spontaneously came over and said that lmao. I'm sure he said something while presenting the award to provoke it - still hilarious either way though

Haha! So I guess we know who Billie wrote THAT song for 😂

• Like 1

haha I also remember that last year this guy talked shit about green day cancelling shows because of covid and refused to cancel his and Billie Joe posted IG stories about it and kept editing it to add insults :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

haha I also remember that last year this guy talked shit about green day cancelling shows because of covid and refused to cancel his and Billie Joe posted IG stories about it and kept editing it to add insults :lol:

Oh that was the same guy? I remember that jerk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh that was the same guy? I remember that jerk

Yes, I don't remember what exactly Billie said, but I'm sure it was this guy.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who gave advice about the webstore! I did order the shirt earlier this afternoon. One thing I found weird was that you just place the order after you enter your info and don't get to see the total with like shipping costs and stuff. Then they email you a receipt with that info. Also the email said there are shipping delays due to covid and did not provide any details on expected delivery date.

5 hours ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Thanks to everyone who gave advice about the webstore! I did order the shirt earlier this afternoon. One thing I found weird was that you just place the order after you enter your info and don't get to see the total with like shipping costs and stuff. Then they email you a receipt with that info. Also the email said there are shipping delays due to covid and did not provide any details on expected delivery date.

I think pretty much every company is saying the thing about shipping delays due to covid at the moment just to be careful. Amazon says it but I've ordered a ton of stuff from there in the last few months and I haven't had any long waits or problems. Not sure about the delivery date thing but it's not entirely unusual for some places not to say that, and it might just have a general "orders usually delivered within - days" note somewhere instead.

I haven’t had any issues with shipping for the last few months. I just shipped a package to my cousin and it arrived within 3 days (Kansas to South Dakota via USPS). I’ve ordered from Amazon with hardly any delays with items once they’ve shipped. 

13 hours ago, Hermione said:

Agreed!

I love this! 😂 He just keeps going on about Billie's stature. Like "and I cannot emphasize how small this guy is. Did I mention he's tiny? Billie Joe Armstrong is microscopic." It's just hilarious.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

I think pretty much every company is saying the thing about shipping delays due to covid at the moment just to be careful. Amazon says it but I've ordered a ton of stuff from there in the last few months and I haven't had any long waits or problems. Not sure about the delivery date thing but it's not entirely unusual for some places not to say that, and it might just have a general "orders usually delivered within - days" note somewhere instead.

Thanks! Just got an email saying it has shipped with UPS. I have a tracking number now but there are no tracking details yet; probably a label has been created but the package hasn't actually gone out yet.

What is the earliest year in which Billie was pictured with a beard?

Have either Mike or Tre been arrested?

Spoiler

Two completely random questions 

Great timing, just saw this 

https://geekgirl78.tumblr.com/post/660520730283376640/gayenerd-i-become-weird-beard-and-would-run-down

Not sure about your arrests question but I seem to think Tre had a car accident and hit a policeman or something?

In Canada I think, forgot to put that in!  Billie Joe once said they had issues getting into Canada ever since.

Edited by jengd
Addition
  • Haha 3

Does anyone know which kind of sounds Jason Freeze plays on the keyboard during the shows? Does he play on every song or not on all? In some songs, like WMUWSE it‘s an organ-like tone, but does he play a „regular“ piano sound in other songs? 🤔