Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

What is Drama Queen supposed to be about?

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 2:37 AM, solongfromthestars said:

It's about how young celebrities are viewed. Here's what Billie says about it:

“It’s about obsession with celebrity and watching people self-destruct. A lot of Americans have a tabloid addiction. Am I guilty of that? Yeah.”

(Source, although it can't be viewed right now because GDA is broken)

That's essentially what I thought. Thanks for confirming!

Do Green Day use wireless guitar amps?

And I've read since the 21st Century Breakdown tour that they use in ear monitors, but aren't the things at the front of the stage Billie jumps off of stage monitors? So if they are using IEMs, is that their purpose now?

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any other instance of Mike signing Tre’s name as a joke? I know he has said before ”I too am Tre Cool” but he signed Tre’s name on the guitar my husband got from them and am just curious if this is a joke within the fandom? We are big fans but never get into fandoms much. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 9:02 PM, deadair said:

Do Green Day use wireless guitar amps?

And I've read since the 21st Century Breakdown tour that they use in ear monitors, but aren't the things at the front of the stage Billie jumps off of stage monitors? So if they are using IEMs, is that their purpose now?

They do have a wireless system that is conected into their amps. And even with IEMS, they can fail, so the stage monitors are used as a backup. You can't afford a technical mistake like that in that kind of masive shows.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 7:14 PM, stxrlesseyes said:

Are there any other instance of Mike signing Tre’s name as a joke? I know he has said before ”I too am Tre Cool” but he signed Tre’s name on the guitar my husband got from them and am just curious if this is a joke within the fandom? We are big fans but never get into fandoms much. 

I've never heard of it so pretty sure it's not a fandom in-joke or anything. I think he must've just felt like being silly that day!

• Like 3

The band/touring band is Jason Freese, Jason White, Kevin Preston, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool?

Is anyone else in the band when they tour?

What do Bill Schneider and Greg Schneider do?

Just now, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

The band/touring band is Jason Freese, Jason White, Kevin Preston, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool?

Is anyone else in the band when they tour?

What do Bill Schneider and Greg Schneider do?

Bill Schneider is their tour manager. Greg is their photo/videographer. They also travel with guitar & drum techs, sound engineers, security, lighting directors, merch people, they even have someone in charge of their laundry. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Todd said:

Bill Schneider is their tour manager. Greg is their photo/videographer. They also travel with guitar & drum techs, sound engineers, security, lighting directors, merch people, they even have someone in charge of their laundry. 

Do they not have chefs/cooks too to keep the whole crew fed?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jengd said:

Do they not have chefs/cooks too to keep the whole crew fed?

Caterers, wardrobe, etc. yes. It’s a lot like a film shoot

• Like 3

How happy would we all collectively be if the next album was FATHER OF FATHER OF ALL?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Do we have legit theories about who the drunk bunny is? Have there been hints over the years? 🤔

I think it varies. Probably even one of the techs but I'm sure in the past GD themselves have done it too

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I think it varies. Probably even one of the techs but I'm sure in the past GD themselves have done it too

That makes sense. Maybe also the new coworkers on tour have to play the bunny 😄

1 hour ago, jengd said:

It’s a constant source of debate.  Saw this tonight, I don’t agree, I don’t think these are the same shoes but who knows. https://geekgirl78.tumblr.com/post/659438378547314688

Nah, Kevin's shoes have a "buckle" across the mid foot, and Drunk Bunny's does not. The "tongue" of the shoe is also higher & shoes are different styles as well on Drunk Bunny's feet.

• Like 2

I think it’s just random people. When I saw them last time they were in Australia, I’m pretty sure Brit was the bunny 

• Like 1