Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

3 hours ago, deadair said:

I'm assuming when The Network played "Hungry Hungry Models" live that the drums were pre-recorded and played over the PA system? Because no one is playing drums on the Disease Is Punishment DVD on that song and you can still hear them.

I'm pretty sure all of the stuff in Disease Is Punishment is pre-recorded. All except for Fink's vocals on Spike. Don't quote me on that, though.

• Like 3

On 1/26/2021 at 12:29 AM, Slave To The Network said:

All except for Fink's vocals on Spike.

Yeah, I honestly thought that was the best sounding thing on the DVD, so that would make sense.

I know the drunk bunny came out before shows since at least the beginning of the American Idiot tour (August 2004). But I've heard rumors he did before the Pop Disaster Green Day sets too. Can anybody that actually attended one of those 2002 shows confirm that one way or another?

16 hours ago, deadair said:

I know the drunk bunny came out before shows since at least the beginning of the American Idiot tour (August 2004). But I've heard rumors he did before the Pop Disaster Green Day sets too. Can anybody that actually attended one of those 2002 shows confirm that one way or another?

Few articles from the Pop Disaster Tour that mention Drunk Bunny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/entertainment/clubs/2002/07/distortion_green_day.shtml

https://poststar.com/lifestyles/green-day-blink-open-summer-at-spac/article_6839228e-67a7-5207-b5a3-b7f1eec3b94f.html

https://www.michigandaily.com/content/it-was-pop-disaster

• Like 3

Does anybody know the names of the films that were sampled on the original 6-song Foxboro Hot Tubs free download EP?

EDIT: Through a bit of research I've figured out where all the samples come from except two of them:

"Stop Drop and Roll" intro sample is from the 1966 film "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
"Mother Mary" unknown, sounds like the female is speaking a foreign language though (Italian? French?)
"Ruby Room" intro sample is from the 1970 film "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls"
"Red Tide" intro sample is from a radio advertisement for The Ventures' 1969 album "Underground Fire"
"Highway 1" unknown, would really love to know, sounds hilarious
'She's a Saint, Not a Celebrity" intro sample also from the 1966 film "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

• Like 3

When was Maria recorded? I've always wondered because it sounds like AI era Billie, but it's on International Superhits...

32 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

When was Maria recorded? I've always wondered because it sounds like AI era Billie, but it's on International Superhits...

The original version (a different recording to the IS one, without the intro) was a b-side of Waiting, so Warning era. But the IS one was re-recorded for IS, in 2001. Makes sense that it's going towards AI style I guess, since it was only a couple of years before they made AI. 

Btw if you haven't heard the original version it's worth checking out, it's very cool and much less polished/produced

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @Hermione not heard that before, sounds like a demo but I like it.  It’s one of those songs I forget about and every time I hear it think, this is a really great song!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, legendary said:

Someone know If is possible find BJ shirts used during Uno Dos Tre era? 

Especially this two:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjvKklVIYCxY40xtv44h5

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0UcU6KlGYXRVEwOFXSqb

The GD store used to sell the shirt Billie was wearing at the Shepherd's Bush show but I don't think any of the others were for sale 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 1:29 AM, Slave To The Network said:

I'm pretty sure all of the stuff in Disease Is Punishment is pre-recorded. All except for Fink's vocals on Spike. Don't quote me on that, though.

The Network are not capable of performing live.    All they can do is lipsync and look cool.   

But it works for them. 

10 minutes ago, Beyza said:

I’m not sure if here’s the right place to put this but I just wanna ask that if this video interview was shared anywhere before? I was following all the interviews since the Foamf era has started but still couldn’t tell if I watched or saw this before anywhere because I remember that they were interviewed in the exact same place before but by different interviewers lol

I’ve never seen that either thanks for posting it 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ve never seen that either thanks for posting it 

I found out that they uploaded it here on their website last year in February but it seems they uploaded the same video again on Youtube last week for some reason, I think that's why I came across it today

1 hour ago, Beyza said:

I’m not sure if here’s the right place to put this but I just wanna ask that if this video interview was shared anywhere before? I was following all the interviews since the Foamf era has started but still couldn’t tell if I watched or saw this before anywhere because I remember that they were interviewed in the exact same place before but by different interviewers lol

Thanks. Seems the interview is old, but it was recently posted on that youtube channel

Two highlights for me

- The answer to "looking for a miracle"

- The "new" mascot :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deadair said:

Does anybody know who plays the brass parts on "Espionage"?

Since it’s not credited on the Hitchin’ a Ride single or Shenanigans, I wonder if it could be synths just done by the band & engineer. 

On 3/5/2021 at 1:32 PM, Miko said:

Why the fuck they haven't played 21st Century Breakdown after 21CB tour finished? I remember it was on some shows setlist during 99 Revolutions Tour but for some reason it wasn't played.

The song is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

the band always had odd choices on putting songs on hold... Burnout is one song that has had a gap of 10 years, from 1999 to 2009 it wasn't played live

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Alf said:

the band always had odd choices on putting songs on hold... Burnout is one song that has had a gap of 10 years, from 1999 to 2009 it wasn't played live

I know, right? 99 Revolutions was supposed to be one of Billie's favorites and it wasn't played even once during RevRad Tour nor in short FOAM Promo tour. Same guy once said ''I don't even know what the fuck is Nuclear Family about!'' yet still played it once during RevRad Tour so I'm really confused their reasonings to ditch songs. I miss 21CB, 99 Revolutions, Stop When The Red Lights Flash and Stay the Night sooo fucking much (thank god Longshot exists).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

21st Century Breakdown is the song I want back on tour. 
This song is the best opening. I think it's hard to put this song on the setlist if it's not for the opening. 

21st CB Is one of my favourites from them, just epic, it deserves a regular spot on the setlist

• Like 4

On 3/5/2021 at 11:32 AM, Miko said:

Why the fuck they haven't played 21st Century Breakdown after 21CB tour finished? I remember it was on some shows setlist during 99 Revolutions Tour but for some reason it wasn't played.

The song is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I've been to 7 shows from 2013-17 of varying sizes, from club shows to Wrigley Field, and still haven't heard Wake Me Up When September Ends live. Like, how? :confused:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 3
  • Surprised 1