??? the trigger off his gun(?)

The final sin and now he runs

Johnny Ray is running scared, as he ___ his flowing hair
Running from the light of day, making ___ all the way
the slightest urge goes from his hands.
Follow me if you understand.
he's got the trigger of his gun
Final sin and now he runs
That's what I've got from the recent performance, but "all the way" doesn't match up in the studio version
  • Like 1

Johnny Ray is running scared, as he ___ his flowing hair
Running from the light of day, making ___ all the way
the slightest urge goes from his hands.
Follow me if you understand.
he's got the trigger of his gun
Final sin and now he runs
That's what I've got from the recent performance, but "all the way" doesn't match up in the studio version

Maybe Billie doesn't know the real lyrics either and made new ones up? (Or he just screwed up. Not that anybody could even notice.)

Larry Livermore @LarryLivermore

Apparently Gilman was to close in 1988. How was that prevented?
I have a book coming out later this year. It contains a story about this.
is it true green day sent u a copy of look for love as a demo tape?
Ha! Good one. No, Sweet Children never sent me any kind of demo tape, but I did try to convince them to name their first EP "Look For Love." They said no, and then changed their name to Green Day.

From this article:

So apparently yes :lol:

what's the date of the interview? :D

Edit: Sorry, never mind :P it was when nimrod came out :lol:

("His freshly died green hair" ... Ok, Kerrang)

• Like 1

("His freshly died green hair" ... Ok, Kerrang)

Well, humans do lose some hair everyday, so...

Do we know of any alternate song titles/song titles that were changed? I know Platypus was just gonna be called "I Hate You" but Billie thought the title was too generic and boring so he made it Platypus (I was told because the ugliest animal he could think of at the time was a platypus? not sure if true but watever, not important) and I was told that East Jesus Nowhere was gonna be called March of the Dogs but was changed, dunno if its true though. out of curiosity, any others?

Do we know of any alternate song titles/song titles that were changed? I know Platypus was just gonna be called "I Hate You" but Billie thought the title was too generic and boring so he made it Platypus (I was told because the ugliest animal he could think of at the time was a platypus? not sure if true but watever, not important) and I was told that East Jesus Nowhere was gonna be called March of the Dogs but was changed, dunno if its true though. out of curiosity, any others?

With Platypus, in one interview he says that it was because he always wanted to name a song Platypus. Also it is true that East Jesus Nowhere was originally called March Of The Dogs, but they changed it last minute.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is that Letterbomb was originally called Clusterbomb.

Each time Billie Joe played live alongside The Replacements last year, did he perform the entire set with them or only specific songs?

Longview - "I'm Fucking Wasted"

Geek Stink Breath - "I Dunno"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There were quite a few that I didn't know/remember though so thanks! :D

Does anyone knows the meaning of the line "Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial" of Good Riddance? Dead skin on trial? :huh:

Does anyone knows the meaning of the line "Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial" of Good Riddance? Dead skin on trial? :huh:

It is an interesting line. I always thought that it meant to not forget but to let the past go. You have the tattoo which is permanent, but dead skin flakes off.

• Like 4

It is an interesting line. I always thought that it meant to not forget but to let the past go. You have the tattoo which is permanent, but dead skin flakes off.

Thanks, that sounds logic. I like metaphors like that, but I've ever wondered about this line.

I also view it as reflecting on memories and the past and questioning decisions made by your former self - for me, dead skin represents what a person 'used to be'. there will always be something that reminds you of a memory, like how a tattoo is permanent

• Like 3

That's actually a very good interpretation I could have never come up with

• Like 2

Two great interpretations! Never thought of the dead skin flaking off thing.

Has Billie used any Fender strats (besides the yellow one from the 21CB tour)?

I believe I've seen a Strat during the Nimrod tour but I could be wrong

Has Billie used any Fender strats (besides the yellow one from the 21CB tour)?

can't remember the source but I read somewhere that a red strat was used on the nimrod tour, sunburst for AI tour, and then yellow for 21CB.

can't remember the source but I read somewhere that a red strat was used on the nimrod tour, sunburst for AI tour, and then yellow for 21CB.

I heard that too but haven't seen any photos

I while back I read about Green Day's techs forming their own band and I know they opened for Green Day on the last tour a few times as a sort of soundcheck, including at a concert I was at. Does anyone remember what they're called? I just can't seem to find this info anywhere but I remember reading it somewhere =/

I while back I read about Green Day's techs forming their own band and I know they opened for Green Day on the last tour a few times as a sort of soundcheck, including at a concert I was at. Does anyone remember what they're called? I just can't seem to find this info anywhere but I remember reading it somewhere =/

Hearing Impaired. Aaron Cometbus mentions it in his Green Day special.

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic