Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Yeah, that's why I gave up on the vinyl. Not only is it the most likely thing to sell out first, but I figured it was going to cost more than the other formats.

Why should it be free?

Well it's a demo album with songs from trilogy we already heard. First I was expecting songs like dreamcatcher... from the lost album. I would pay for that.

32 dollars is nothing for an LP, friend.

I know, but I don't have the money to buy both lp's, a cd, and a cassette.

Calm down, guys, the stores probably are going to sell them for less than that - many items are sold slightly below MSRP (especially CDs - you rarely find them for $18 in stores).

Well it's a demo album with songs from trilogy we already heard. First I was expecting songs like dreamcatcher... from the lost album. I would pay for that.

By that logic we shouldn't have to pay for live albums. After all, surely they don't expect us to pay for songs we've heard before.

• Like 3

By that logic we shouldn't have to pay for live albums. After all, surely they don't expect us to pay for songs we've heard before.

We should but not for the same price as the standard album.

P.S. I am gonna pirate it anyway

We should but not for the same price as the standard album.

P.S. I am gonna pirate it anyway

I saw that tiny stuff -.-

What lost album?

Album between Warning and American Idiot that was stolen.

Dream catcher wasn't apart of that tho (as far as we know)

So what? By that logic Greatest Hits albums and singles releases should also be free.

• Like 3

I'd imagine owning a DVD would be a pretty similar experience.

I don't care about owning CDs (vinyl, baby), but for some reason I have to have the DVD of a movie I like. Not the Blu-Ray; Blu-Rays are too crisp.

It still costs money to make the album and CDs and ship them etc, there's lots of people involved that need to get paid other than just the band. They're in the business of making music and selling it, they're not a charity organisation :P. Plus they've specifically released this album for Record Store Day, to help support independent record stores. If it didn't cost money the stores it's supposed to be helping wouldn't benefit from it.
  • Like 3

I don't care about owning CDs (vinyl, baby), but for some reason I have to have the DVD of a movie I like. Not the Blu-Ray; Blu-Rays are too crisp.

DVD's don't look as nice as CD's and they are just clutter. Digital is the way for movies.

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic