Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Hey guys. I just bought 1039SOSH and Kerplunk off Amazon and on my 1039 CD, it says it's enhanced if I put it in my computer. I did that but I don't know how to get the enhanced stuff. I open the CD as a folder and this is what I get:

nWf5w5A.jpg

I don't see any software files. And it says it's enhanced on the back of my CD. Is it because I have Windows 7? (The year on the back of the CD says 2003 so it's older than my computer)

I know it's supposed to have acoustic songs on it since I downloaded the album a while ago and those came with it. I just want to own it legally and now I do. Is there anything else that's supposed to be on it?

Hey guys. I just bought 1039SOSH and Kerplunk off Amazon and on my 1039 CD, it says it's enhanced if I put it in my computer. I did that but I don't know how to get the enhanced stuff. I open the CD as a folder and this is what I get:

nWf5w5A.jpg

I don't see any software files. And it says it's enhanced on the back of my CD. Is it because I have Windows 7? (The year on the back of the CD says 2003 so it's older than my computer)

I know it's supposed to have acoustic songs on it since I downloaded the album a while ago and those came with it. I just want to own it legally and now I do. Is there anything else that's supposed to be on it?

Try 'playing the disc' like a dvd, and a flash thing pops up with pics and videos and the audio. I don't have the cd with me, otherwise I'd give you more specific instructions. Windows should give you a few options when you put in the disc

Does anyone know how well Waiting did as a single?

Peaked at #26 on the Billboard Modern Rock chart and #34 in the UK

It did worse than JAR, Geek Stink Breath, Walking Contradiction, and Redundant, and how often do you hear those on the radio? Never.

When did Green Day start to be regarded as one of the best live bands? I mean, was it after or before the "hey-ohs" and all the things Billie does on stage to make the gig become a show rather than a simple concert? It really interests me to know if they are possibly the best live band ever due to the hey-ohs :ermm:

When did Green Day start to be regarded as one of the best live bands? I mean, was it after or before the "hey-ohs" and all the things Billie does on stage to make the gig become a show rather than a simple concert? It really interests me to know if they are possibly the best live band ever due to the hey-ohs :ermm:

It's definitely not the hey-ohs. I mean, crowd interaction is a part of it. One of their strongest attributes live though is that they sound really damn good. Too many rock bands sound like complete shit live compared to the recordings. Not to mention their energy. They've always come out and put on a show. Not just stood around playing their songs. They were pretty strong back in the 90's, seemed to calm down a bit during Warning, but came back with a huge powerful show during the American Idiot tour.

• Like 2

Try 'playing the disc' like a dvd, and a flash thing pops up with pics and videos and the audio. I don't have the cd with me, otherwise I'd give you more specific instructions. Windows should give you a few options when you put in the disc

It did worse than JAR, Geek Stink Breath, Walking Contradiction, and Redundant, and how often do you hear those on the radio? Never.

so it's basically their worst single besides the trilogy ones? Geez

so it's basically their worst single besides the trilogy ones? Geez

It's the first Green Day song I ever heard. It was used as a promo for some TV show when I was in high school. So don't you bad mouth it!

• Like 2

It's the first Green Day song I ever heard. It was used as a promo for some TV show when I was in high school. So don't you bad mouth it!

well don't get me wrong I really like the song, I'm just surprised that it did so bad as a single

Okay I got it to work now. I had to download this though to get it to work: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ISOBuster

When do you hear "Waiting" at radio?

Another thing...

I'm looking into buying the Money Money 2020 CD and this one says it comes with a DVD.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0000AKCKR/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2XT3808H2FW6H

Is that the Disease is Punishment DVD or something else?

It just has 6 music videos. If you already own Disease Is Punishment, I'd suggest getting the CD without the DVD but two bonus tracks.

Another thing...

I'm looking into buying the Money Money 2020 CD and this one says it comes with a DVD.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0000AKCKR/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2XT3808H2FW6H

Is that the Disease is Punishment DVD or something else?

It's just the music videos, but that version doesn't have Teenagers from Mars or XRay Hamburger I'm pretty sure, the music videos are also on Disease is Punishment too

When do you hear "Waiting" at radio?

I haven't, not that I can remember.

It just has 6 music videos. If you already own Disease Is Punishment, I'd suggest getting the CD without the DVD but two bonus tracks.

It's just the music videos, but that version doesn't have Teenagers from Mars or XRay Hamburger I'm pretty sure, the music videos are also on Disease is Punishment too

I haven't, not that I can remember.

Thanks! I'll get the one with the bonus tracks then. Maybe later on I'll get Disease is Punishment.

On Setlist.FM it says that they played Dirty Rotten Bastards at their super secret bloody awesome Halloween gig at Webster Hall. Is this true?

On Setlist.FM it says that they played Dirty Rotten Bastards at their super secret bloody awesome Halloween gig at Webster Hall. Is this true?

Hasn't been confirmed

It was on the set list but as we know they don't always follow the set lists 100%

So, on Wikipedia says that Tre played piano on "Tre". On which songs?

So, on Wikipedia says that Tre played piano on "Tre". On which songs?

It doesn't say that in the booklet so I call bullshit (not on you but on Wikipedia). Only mentions of piano are Billie credited for "guitar, vocals, piano" and Tom Kitt credited for playing piano on Brutal Love. Tre is only credited for "drums, percussion".

Speaking of the Tre album booklet (and the Uno and Dos ones), is "This album is dedicated to family, friends, fans & punishers" a quote from or reference to something? I think people have said it is but I've forgotten what.

He's talking about on Tre Cool's Wikipedia page, under credits. Didn't he play a type of piano on X-Kid? Something that started with "m"

He's talking about on Tre Cool's Wikipedia page, under credits. Didn't he play a type of piano on X-Kid? Something that started with "m"

Yeah I know, I assumed that if he played piano on Tre he'd be credited in the Tre booklet for playing piano, since both Billie and Tom Kitt are. Maybe he mentioned something in an interview then? Or maybe it was a percussion instrument which someone took to mean a type of piano?

Someone told me that on iTunes Dos came out before Tré. Is this true?

Well, it's very likely so since "Dos" came out a month before "Tré".

Well, it's very likely so since "Dos" came out a month before "Tré".

dammit I made that the other way around :P

dammit I made that the other way around :P

Not in the UK, at least. Dos was on iTunes on 6th November and Tre 4th December.

There's a piano on X-Kid?

Marimba?

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic