Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

YouTube, I don't know if all of it's there though, it's just individual songs and the interview. Here's the one in question:

Damn that is a tight performance. Vocals/harmonies absolutely world class

• Like 2

Damn that is a tight performance. Vocals/harmonies absolutely world class

I believe it was at like 8am or something as well. Unbelievable.

Yeah, there's a lot of weird stuff on that album, like East Jesus Nowhere being atonal. It's only the piano that has the F natural in so I'm pretty convinced of its A major-ness, although it is strange.

I did not know that EJN was atonal! Part of me wonders if they did those things on purpose or if it was just a coincidence. Like, were they thinking "let's put a shit ton of 20th century styles in this album to contribute to the theme of hysteria" or were they like "this sounds funky".

On the subject of Tre selling his bone, I actually find that pretty creepy.

He didn't sell it, he gave it to a lucky fan as a prize for writing an outstanding haiku. So it's OK :D

• Like 2

He didn't sell it, he gave it to a lucky fan as a prize for writing an outstanding haiku. So it's OK :D

I don't suppose we ever found out what haiku won?

I don't suppose we ever found out what haiku won?

I don't know if the info's out there or not, I want to know as well!

It's creepy anyway.

I don't know if the info's out there or not, I want to know as well!

I only found one place on GeekStinkBreath that mentions it, but without any other info I'm not sure it's legit. Don't want to post it here because I don't want people thinking it's the actual one. Unfortunately Tre mentioned the winner in a voice memo in June or July 2003 and GDA didn't post about it.

Maybe this "WaybackMachine" thingy can help us out.

I've looked. Well I looked on GreenDay.com for it. Didn't try GreenDay.net or GeekStinkBreath. Maybe one of them wrote it when it was new.

Maybe this "WaybackMachine" thingy can help us out.

It is something that for a while gave me some faith in humanity.

Hmm I've looked pretty far back on greenday.net before, although that was years ago so I may have missed it or forgotten it. If only all of Tre's audio messages had been saved like Billie's we'd know.

Edit: Yeah just had a look at greenday.net on the wayback machine, unfortunately they posted a link saying to go to greenday.com to hear Tre announce the winner but didn't post the winning entry themselves:

Thursday, July 3rd - 2003

Check out GreenDay.com for new photos, and new audio messages from Tre Cool announcing the winner to the Haiku contest!

http://web.archive.org/web/20030716230603/http://www.greenday.net/

Wayback can't access audio files that are no longer hosted on the servers, so unless someone saved them, they're gone forever

Okay all you crazy, know everything of about everything, fans (which means I love you all because you'll know the answer): what is the medal that Billie wears on the chain around his neck?

Thanks. :)

I was interested to read in the Muse Diaries that Brit had visited Australia many times - does anyone know if Adrienne has visited OZ. :)

Okay all you crazy, know everything of about everything, fans (which means I love you all because you'll know the answer): what is the medal that Billie wears on the chain around his neck?

Thanks. :)

I know Billie used to wear a Ramones pick around his neck, but I don't know about a medal

• Like 1

I know Billie used to wear a Ramones pick around his neck, but I don't know about a medal

Could be that. Was just looking at his picture thread and it looked more like a medal but I really have no idea.

Thanks for the possible answer! :)

Could be that. Was just looking at his picture thread and it looked more like a medal but I really have no idea.

Thanks for the possible answer! :)

in the Nimrod booklet he's wearing it if you wanna compare

• Like 1

in the Nimrod booklet he's wearing it if you wanna compare

Will do. Thanks, Todd.

So quick question....Are these prices normal for used Green Day CD's, AI and above? These are local record store prices btw. I have NOT seen a used copy of American Idiot sell for less than 10 bucks. I think that's a little outrageous. American Idiot is ten years old after all. What do you guys think?

American Idiot: $11.99

21st CBD: $11.99

Uno: $12.99

Dos: $12.99

Tre: $12.99

Half Price Books here usually has AI for 4.99-6.99 (depending on condition)

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic