Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

8 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

He did for most of the European tour though at some shows he let the crowd sing it. I think he will say Scotland because it actually works. I enjoyed "fuck you I'm from England" :lol:

Billie screaming "Fuck you I'm from PRA-HA" cracked me up more than it should have :lol: It sounds ok with names ending on -land, though. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Billie screaming "Fuck you I'm from PRA-HA" cracked me up more than it should have :lol: It sounds ok with names ending on -land, though. 

Yup, "Poland" would sound great, but Billie did "Fuck you, I'm from Polska" :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

Yup, "Poland" would sound great, but Billie did "Fuck you, I'm from Polska" :lol:

He learns how to say the names in the respective languages so he has to use it - doesn't matter how it sounds :lol:

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

He learns how to say the names in the respective languages so he has to use it - doesn't matter how it sounds :lol:

Really?  Ask him to say Worcester

• Like 1

Random lyric question: the line “I feel like a cello lost somewhere over the rainbow" everyone seems to love that line, why, I don't know, which is making me think there's some secret meaning to it other than what I'm hearing? If not, what's the meaning of that lyric in general? :lol:

1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Really?  Ask him to say Worcester

He probably had no idea how to pronounce it. (And couldn't hide behind his cute accent.)

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

He probably had no idea how to pronounce it. (And couldn't hide behind his cute accent.)

That was clear.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

He did that?? :lol: I don't even remember... Need to watch a video now :lol: 

Also, I found out the correct pronunciation of Worcester in my first year of university (I think) and I was shocked :P 

1 minute ago, Marki. said:

He did that?? :lol: I don't even remember... Need to watch a video now :lol: 

Yes, he screamed that on the top of his lungs. I thought it was hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yes, he screamed that on the top of his lungs. I thought it was hilarious. 

Just listened to it, priceless :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

I just listened to it too and "cedar in the trees of Praha" was also amusing.

I overheard that one! :lol:

• Like 1

The thing is it doesn't work that well because it's a one off, instant line. So as he sings "fuck you I'm from ____" anyone singing along is still going to sing "fuck you I'm from Oakland" and most likely not even hear him change it. Did he change it in London? I didn't notice because I and everyone around me was shouting Oakland loudly :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

The thing is it doesn't work that well because it's a one off, instant line. So as he sings "fuck you I'm from ____" anyone singing along is still going to sing "fuck you I'm from Oakland" and most likely not even hear him change it. Did he change it in London? I didn't notice because I and everyone around me was shouting Oakland loudly :P 

At my show he didn't sing it at all, he let the audience sing it.  Worcester scared him, Massachusetts gave him problems and Fuck you I'm from New England wouldn't have fit. 

• Like 2

Just now, Maria Gloria said:

I just listened to it too and "cedar in the trees of Praha" was also amusing.

The first time he sang "fuck you I'm from England" he screamed it so enthusiastically, then at the next show he said it so quietly I didn't even notice until I watched a video :lol: 

ok, seriously: https://green-day-quotes.tumblr.com/post/153048319027/a-cello-is-like-a-its-very-it-can-be-really

Omg :lol: I will never.... Ever... Ever, be able to listen to that song again without visualizing Billie as a cello leaping over a rainbow :lol: 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

Omg :lol: I will never.... Ever... Ever, be able to listen to that song again without visualizing Billie as a cello leaping over a rainbow :lol: 

I won't :P

5 hours ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

Random lyric question: the line “I feel like a cello lost somewhere over the rainbow" everyone seems to love that line, why, I don't know, which is making me think there's some secret meaning to it other than what I'm hearing? If not, what's the meaning of that lyric in general? :lol:

He did explain it in an interview - I just can't remember which one.

3 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

He did explain it in an interview - I just can't remember which one.

It was one of the FB lives. 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

It was one of the FB lives. 

It was not the first one - that's where I got my fabulous username from:happy:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

It was not the first one - that's where I got my fabulous username from:happy:

I don't remember anyone tinkling in any of them.

Who do you think design band's clothes and specificly Billie Joe's clothes ? Do they call a local artist, do it themself, or even a brand does it ?

Just now, Johnny Higher said:

Who do you think design band's clothes and specificly Billie Joe's clothes ? Do they call a local artist, do it themself, or even a brand does it ?

If I remember right, the outfits they wore on both the American Idiot tour and 21st Century Breakdown tour and promo photos were custom styled and sewn, though I can't remember who the designer was. :\

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread