Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

What is The Boo's 7 inch EP (the family band, remember them?) actually called?

Like, what's the EP's record title? Is it just 'The Boo'? Thanks.

As far as I know it's self-titled, yeah.

Doesn't seem any more HQ than the youtube version

That's because it was recorded on someone's phone 4 years ago. There's no professional sound quality version out there

Woah never heard that song Dreamcatcher before. What album was it on?

None. It's unreleased, that's why it's special.

This subject just came up in another thread and it made me want to ask about it here. What is Billie singing repeatedly at the end of Panic Song? It's not in the lyrics booklet so it's an official mystery. But what do people think the line is?

This subject just came up in another thread and it made me want to ask about it here. What is Billie singing repeatedly at the end of Panic Song? It's not in the lyrics booklet so it's an official mystery. But what do people think the line is?

i hear 'i wanna jump out' every time and always have, i didn't realise it was difficult to hear :P
  • Like 2

Yeah, I also thought it was "I wanna jump out". Didn't realize it wasn't in the lyrics

• Like 1

i hear 'i wanna jump out' every time and always have, i didn't realise it was difficult to hear :P

Yeah, I also thought it was "I wanna jump out". Didn't realize it wasn't in the lyrics

OK I think I need to reprogram my brain to hear this instead of the nonsense I've heard it as for a decade :lol:

I've always wondered, was Macy's Day Parade a single ? I don't know because wikipedia says so (even if there's no article about the song), there's an official video, but on Green Day Authority it seems it wasn't. Does someone know something about it ?

I've always wondered, was Macy's Day Parade a single ? I don't know because wikipedia says so (even if there's no article about the song), there's an official video, but on Green Day Authority it seems it wasn't. Does someone know something about it ?

Yes, it was a single.

• Like 1

^Pretty sure it's also just an Australian release, just like "She" only got a physical release in Mexico.

Also, has there been any definitive word if On the Radio is a bootleg, or an authorized release? I'd say it looks like a bootleg, except for the fact that it's on iTunes.

Also, has there been any definitive word if On the Radio is a bootleg, or an authorized release? I'd say it looks like a bootleg, except for the fact that it's on iTunes.

Bootleg

• Like 1

Does anyone know when exactly green day started working on the album american idiot? And then how many months did it take to record it? Wikipedia isn't a very reliable source lol

Does anyone know when exactly green day started working on the album american idiot? And then how many months did it take to record it? Wikipedia isn't a very reliable source lol

Mid 2003. I don't know how long it took, try finding some records from Ocean Way and Studio 880.

This was answered before, but I don't remember. What song is the piano part for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o5sJfVprBA#t=33

I think it's Homecoming, but I'm not 100% sure. It sounds a lot like Rock N Roll Girlfriend.

Why would R&RG have the same note over and over for that long?