Random Green Day News

Hermione

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

New interview with Ryan Baxley on the album art and videos:

https://www.wired.cz/clanky/the-american-dream-is-killing-me-interview-with-director-ryan-baxley?fbclid=PAAaaTPBVigUomYaGnMnSl3Oxajn5A-LuZ6LqYSK21szkrsf2AYQjjT1Dtg30_aem_AWU3QjkvwEyMOjEtUo3t1uak_QO209GobwS30tTPCAgZp1HzQAWE0NpBxnV6KjCymjI

Good read and I particularly liked this insight:

“Each video also serves as a way to represent different aspects of the band. “American Dream” is their more artistic, conceptual side. “Look Ma!” shows them as performers and proper rock stars. On the other side, “Dilemma” is their personal, honest side, and “Bobby Sox” finally shows their love for playing music and their love for their fans. So as a whole, you get a broad picture of who the band is at this time in their lives.”

Coma City video please and Father To a Son Suzie Chapsticks would make an interesting concept too

• Like 3

(This Post Does Not Exist)  Stop looking at it.  

I skipped to the end to see what was Billie's position. C? I wonder if it's because of the stage antics? Or maybe not. IDFK.

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 10:40 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

New interview with Ryan Baxley on the album art and videos:

https://www.wired.cz/clanky/the-american-dream-is-killing-me-interview-with-director-ryan-baxley?fbclid=PAAaaTPBVigUomYaGnMnSl3Oxajn5A-LuZ6LqYSK21szkrsf2AYQjjT1Dtg30_aem_AWU3QjkvwEyMOjEtUo3t1uak_QO209GobwS30tTPCAgZp1HzQAWE0NpBxnV6KjCymjI

Good read and I particularly liked this insight:

“Each video also serves as a way to represent different aspects of the band. “American Dream” is their more artistic, conceptual side. “Look Ma!” shows them as performers and proper rock stars. On the other side, “Dilemma” is their personal, honest side, and “Bobby Sox” finally shows their love for playing music and their love for their fans. So as a whole, you get a broad picture of who the band is at this time in their lives.”

If we got a proper video for One Eyed Bastard, it would be about how Billie Joe is a monster and will beat you to death in an alleyway if you owe him 2 dollars.  Haha  I'm still processing that I heard Finn Mckenty say Billie Joe isn't a great person to be around and that he doesn't want him at his BBQ.    And he used the iHeart freakout as evidence.   obviously nobody wants 2012 iHeart Billie at their party.  But everyday Billie, sure.    I'd grill for Bill.  

#grillforbill2024

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, That Dude said:

If we got a proper video for One Eyed Bastard, it would be about how Billie Joe is a monster and will beat you to death in an alleyway if you owe him 2 dollars.  Haha  I'm still processing that I heard Finn Mckenty say Billie Joe isn't a great person to be around and that he doesn't want him at his BBQ.    And he used the iHeart freakout as evidence.   obviously nobody wants 2012 iHeart Billie at their party.  But everyday Billie, sure.    I'd grill for Bill.  

#grillforbill2024

Finn said that? I wonder why. I know we don't know Billie personally but from what I've seen and heard from fan interactions he seems nice. Also, what context? When? I imagine if it was during the party years, then I can see how things can be different. 

17 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Finn said that? I wonder why. I know we don't know Billie personally but from what I've seen and heard from fan interactions he seems nice. Also, what context? When? I imagine if it was during the party years, then I can see how things can be different. 

He did a tier list of the worst and best frontpeople, it's pretty funny and he does praise Green Day quite a bit.  He just thinks that Billie isn't very nice, which is weird.   RIvers Cuomo and Trent Reznor get in, Avril doesn't because she could cause problems.  Haha

40 minutes ago, That Dude said:

#grillforbill2024

2012 was a different era for him. Any other year he is very nice. Finn needs more evidence than that one year 🙄. He is very caring for his fans from what I've seen.

• Like 3

I think a suzie chapstick video based around teen suicide could work let's say the beginning you have a teen sitting in their room at a desk texting out a suicide letter to a friend shadow of a gun appears loud bang phone zooms in on the cracked screen with the word sent cue a black and white Clip of Billie strumming the opening riff and the rest of the video could show the aftermath of what  happens when a person commits suicide how it affects the family,  friends, community, etc towards the end show a high school year book rapidly turning until the final page paused on a  silhouette of a picture profile with In loving memory of ? Sending a universal message this could be anybody no matter the race religion gender 

• Confused 1

That would be a good idea, a video made in memory of someone.

• Like 1

Any thoughts on when we might see anything from The Longshot again? I mean it was definitely the best album in the GD world before Saviors and since AI (yes I’m saying that). I was just listening to it in the car and the things I like about it are things I like about Saviors with cleaner guitars.

I thought to myself “self? Yeah? What album do you like better LIFl or S?” And I wasn’t sure. I’m still deciding but without Billie neither could be made. I love Kevin playing and I Jeff on Bass and fucking stupidly I’m forgetting drums and Sneider was always there as TM and it was just pure fun I had a nearly full tour where I sure super fans. It was a hype party for some reason. It had that Fancy Sauce. lol, I used it.

I think after two more tours really 1 with 2 legs. They chill for a while and he writes one more. One thing became for sure Billie is the nicest man alive and allegiant. The best. So happy I knew back in 1993. I’ve told you guys the very first time I met Mike and Tre at a record store in Tampa at the time where a blue haired Tre was with Mike buying sticks for the rodeo house 500 person venue. Not sold out with an extra 1000 seats. Billie came out buck ass naked. He was so fucked. It was mine blowing. Loved everything they do since.  It’s weird, if you watched my playlists you wouldn’t think GD is at the top but they have been the soundtrack of my life regardless of how corny it sounds, certain songs bring me right back to certain women, friends, lovers, times, xtra nights, dreams I thought would never come true.

if you understand what I’m saying to you, thanks. And to this forum! If I died who would tell everyone, would anyone care? I love so many people on here. It might because I just watched “her” and it makes it okay to love people differently but some of you I truly think we near life long friends that come and go. If I never was to come back, I love you all, even the ones that think I don’t. Truth is never took you fuckers serious but when I see you guys do altruistic love like the time we raised money for a poor girl in Europe we raised money to get her to some show. Someone stepped in at the end and she got the VIP treatment. I love this place.

When you shroom post. 😂 

• Love 1

Tomorrow will a big day for Green Day news.  It will also be April Fools Day so there will be a lot of confusion as they make the announcement on that day.   It's rather unfortunate, but tomorrow is the day.     It's already over.  

1 minute ago, The Grohl said:

Yeah that's just straight up Brain Stew wtf :lol:

My jaw fell when I heard it. I literally yelled "THAT'S GREEN DAY".

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They need to sue those mofos

I agree. There is still so much hate from the Bilk's fans toward us on Green Day's side. They really are living up to their name lol. 

Bilk: cheat or defraud.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

WTF?! They copied Green Day. People are defending them, but the DRUMS EVEN START AT THE SAME TIME AS BRAIN STEW. 🙄

https://www.stereogum.com/2257631/is-this-green-day/news/

I mean, Green Day has copied artists before as well. Warning copied Picture Book by the Kinks for example. I don't get why you aren't defending the band that copied GD but defending a band that copied the Kinks (well so am I, but I'm in defense of both bands. Remember, there's so much songs in the world that people are simply reusing other people's songs whether it's intentional or not. No offense though, it's a friendly reminder.

10 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They need to sue those mofos

I wonder what'd be the verdict. I've heard of like 2 cases where a band is sued by another for plagiarism and the sued band wins. But that might not be enough. I sure need to read into that so I can be sure of my verdict.

• Like 2

We have to like them because their connected to Green Day now.  ;)   I'm over on their spotify and.....it's alright.    Maybe they played it like that, but the official version will be different.   

Maybe these guys are the Network.  

Lol. Maybe they're indeed the Network... or Generation Messed Up.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The 99th revolution said:

I mean, Green Day has copied artists before as well. Warning copied Picture Book by the Kinks for example. I don't get why you aren't defending the band that copied GD but defending a band that copied the Kinks (well so am I, but I'm in defense of both bands. Remember, there's so much songs in the world that people are simply reusing other people's songs whether it's intentional or not. No offense though, it's a friendly reminder.

Yes, I know that they copied the Kinks, but the part that I am focusing on is the fact the the Bilk's fans are saying that they didn't copy Green Day. Yes, Green Day's hands are not entirely clean themselves, but at least us fans know and are not saying they didn't copy the Kinks. 

• Like 1

Oh, you have a point! The guitar is literally Brain Stew.